Display Your Collections...

hmmm, you sure i put the cross backwards, i really think i got it the right way, well. hmmm, i hope i do.

420293[/snapback]

Yeah, the back side is flat and the front is detailed like in the pics below.

post-2290-1154068250_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1154068260_thumb.jpg

This is part of my collection. There should be about 70 valks there. I'm about to go and pack all of them in a plastic container and faltten the boxes and stack the plastic trays.

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boxed1jj5.jpg

420267[/snapback]

Holy... heya', kensei, uhm, I'm really poor but someday I'll be rich! So, could you loan me a couple valks and I'll pay you back later? I'm good for it I swear!

:D

Here is some of my displayed stuff, enjoy:

420248[/snapback]

Where did you happen upon that Macross 2 toy?? I thought those never made it into production. Great collection!

420311[/snapback]

that's a heavily painted VF-2s Bandai model kit. Here's the box cover from the main page:

36371b.jpg

Looks like a toy. Not bad. ;):D:p:lol:

Nah, no special storeroom, was just in the games room which isn't used in my house, or is now, cause I'm moving a home gym into there. I'm just clearing the boxes and removing the dandy longlegs and silverfish :lol: It's all good. I'm trying to compact them into a smaller efficient space with good protection from the elements.

I'm trying to do this with all of my valks. Note the pics. Currently I'm doing it with my CFs as you can see. There are 19 of them in the box. 20 is on the shelf in a GBP Armour, 21 is in fighter mode displayed, and 22 is with Hikaru's FAST Packs in GERWALK Mode.

I wish that Graham would tell Yamato to get a move on with issuing the Gray FP alone. :p You hear that Graham!? Then I won't have to buy so many Hikaru's with FPs to make them up.

img3569wz4.th.jpg

img3571yc7.th.jpg

img3572mv3.th.jpg

img3573dv5.th.jpg

img3574vu1.th.jpg

Hey Kensei, would you sell me one or two of your strike parts (blue)??

Pls pm me.

wow.. kensei.. i was just wondering where do you keep all those valks??

i mean the box is already quite big.... you got a special storeroom for that??

nice set up d-unit maybe you could zoom in some more pics plz....

420420[/snapback]

Is that carrier something you'd be able to buy in a store? It's huge!

420462[/snapback]

heh, hence my GI Joe comment earlier :p

figures no one caught that off the bat...

i only knew cause while digging through a friends attic some years back we began pulling out these HUGE carrier deck like panels, and he began to explain it was some giant 6 foot or so GI Joe carrier, + i saw the GI Joe markings on that one :p

hot damn.... if that was a custom case, design me one!

Kensei, you opening a buisness or something?! HOLY HE**!!

come on, sell me one of them fodders! :p

Edited by GrimlockCW

Kensei,  Are you eventually going to display all of your Valks?

420438[/snapback]

Definitely. Probably next year, once I get the Kakizakis andMax VF-1S, AND I have a shelf, which is the most important thing :lol: No shelf makes no display possible.

GI Joe FLAGG is 7 1/2' Long, 3' wide and 2 3/4' high.

I use your generic plastic shelfing (Home Depot stuff) for the bottom. Each shelf was exactly 2 1/2' by 3' so it came with exactly 5 shelfs = 7 1/2' x 3' (the FLAGG will fit with less than 1/4" to give on each side. I added a backboard underneath and covered with reflective tinfoil. I then stuck some white christmas lights in between the grates for some effect. I also have your generic rack lighting on top from Ikea.

The wood frame you can built with what ever (I would suggets 1/2" plywood for strenght). I have a friend would owns a plexiglass fabrication shop so I got the plexi at cost and free drilling. 1/4" - 3/8" thickness plexi would be suffice. (For those brave souls out there, you can also try and use glass).

I used door hindges to hold front panel together so it can be lifted up to give access to the toys and a glass dooor lock on the bottom (everything from Home Depot).

Total cost of build: Just under $500. I think that's pretty cheap considering how much a professionally made one would cost.

Hope this helps.

Only on ebay.  It's more than 20yrs old (G.I. Joe FLAGG).

You can get the little carriers in almost any toy/department store for cheap.

420469[/snapback]

I thought that was the USS Flagg! Those things were so awesome, my friend had one when I was a kid and it was freakin' great! Man, to find one of those on ebay would be nice, I want one for my kid. I just fear that it'd cost about as much as a used car.

OK, finished a lot of valks. Got mainly the VF-1Js to do now.

It's a damn big pile.

img3580tc4.th.jpg

img3581wt7.th.jpg

img3575pf9.th.jpg

Filled it up with more valks:

img3577uc2.th.jpg

Have you ever seen so many missiles in one box?

img3578fc2.th.jpg

Have you ever seen so many trays and boxes stacked at once?

img3579py6.th.jpg

Edited by kensei

Need shelf dude need shelf. Wait for it.

I promise I'll get to it after they release the 1S Max. ;) Then my collection will be complete.

I'm making a shelf. While Ikea is nice, they have nothing that will contian all this stuff.

With the size of your collection there isn't a company on this planet that makes display cases big enough. You're going to have to make one yourself my friend. I wish I had that problem... ;)

421184[/snapback]

It's amazing, but at the same time it isn't. It's just 4-5 years of working and saving and sacrificing overtime.

You other people have problems like Gundams and Votoms and Chogokins :p Not me.

Edited by kensei

With the size of your collection there isn't a company on this planet that makes display cases big enough. You're going to have to make one yourself my friend. I wish I had that problem... ;)

421184[/snapback]

It's amazing, but at the same time it isn't. It's just 4-5 years of working and saving and sacrificing overtime.

You other people have problems like Gundams and Votoms and Chogokins :p Not me.

421187[/snapback]

You sure you're not going to get into gundam. What's that Infinite Justice doing on your computer :lol: