Roy's Blues

Auctions Of Great Absurdity Thread V2.0

I really dislike the new feature that Ebay has where it hides the bidders identity (check the bidders list). It is obviously a perfect cover up for shill bidding.

Yeah, I lost a few auctions that I thought got up pretty high and was a little bummed to see the mystery bidder feature.

Yeah, I lost a few auctions that I thought got up pretty high and was a little bummed to see the mystery bidder feature.

I agree. It should still be an option for the seller to chose.

because it's the pepsi prime! Only difference with this one is that it comes with the pepsi sticker to put on the trailer. :mellow::D:p:lol:

Yes. It went from about 30-40 per week to 10 or so last week.

My theory is the lack of sales, brought on by the soon to be released shin, ghost and GPB sets.

It's also post holidays but pre tax returns. Tends to be a slow season for a lot of stuff. Yamato also has put out very low numbers of new releases so all the stuff out in circulation now tends to be the slow selling stuff left over from mid-year last year.

I had been tracking this auction and suddenly, within 3 1/2 hours of closing, the bid shot up to how much??!!! :huh::blink::o:wacko:

Misa Auction

Edited by mechaninac

Man thats bizarre :)

Looks like shill bidding for some odd reason, bidders 4 & 5 were zero feedback.

I saw that auction for the Wave SDF-1 and considered reporting the auction to eBay, but decided not to

Here's a fun one:

1/55 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

In all honesty, this does not look like that bad a proposition. The price is not ridiculous, though the toy looks fairly yellow. It's the exquisitely awesome description the seller used that gets me, including such comedic nuggets as "This is the only Macross vehicle that is the exact copy of the jet Fire which makes this a really Rare piece there has not been exact copy of this one on ebay as long as i can remember", or, "the nice thin g is that the Jet Fire will change out easily with this item with a screw driver unfortunate i don't have time rite now" :lol:

Note to seller: This is not a Jetfire, nor is it MISB, evidenced by the simple fact that the box is open and accessories are pulled out in several pictures. The "S" in MISB means Sealed! ;)

this one has probably been posted, but this guy is still trying to sell his "rare" matchbox version of the Cyclone. Yes granted that it's pretty hard to find, the only difference is just he packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-Macross-Cyclo...VQQcmdZViewItem

ok, I hope the people who are bidding on this know that it's the 1/60 scale orguss, not the 1/40 scale. The price now for the 1/60 is what the 1/40 scale is going for. I don't think I'd pay that much for the 1/60. :mellow:

EDIT IN: Fogot link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I bet there is going to be a bidding war.....

not bad, less than $150 to the US. Guy saved abit on ebay fees.

Ebay

Big ole non-transforming VF-1S at 100.00+

Ended for $315.00! :o:blink:

I hope they guy doesn't have a loaded gun handy when that thing arrives and the disappointment sets in! :wacko:

I wonder if he even knows what it is he's getting.

I can only what his reaction is going to be when he opens it up :wacko:

1/160 Monster at $200

1/72 Tomahawk at $150

3 days left on each

And they're my auctions :D

I don't mean this as an advertisement, of course... I'm genuinely shocked people are willing to pay so much for these! Not that I'm complaining, of course :p

And I find it quite interesting that Arii's Tomahawk kit is actually selling for more than Mr. Moscato's resin kit :)

ya, prices for the 1/60 super/strike valks have been going up lately. I guess. Now why can't the regular 1/60 valks go up in price like that? :D:p:lol:

Now thats just absurd. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! :p

best of luck on your auctions. :)

HOLY ****!!!! :blink:

Is the Shadow Chronicles that rare or that good?

Good thing you unloaded these before the inevitable graphic novel version :D

Exactly. Then I can get the issues again since I sold my copies too :)

Wow, what the deal with those Shadow Chronicle comic books?! Those are crazy. Didn't think comics still commanded those types of prices.

Wow, what the deal with those Shadow Chronicle comic books?! Those are crazy. Didn't think comics still commanded those types of prices.

Its really due to the DVD. The comics were originally supposed to coinside with the DVD release and after the DVD was postponed, sales of comics were not so good. Issue 4 and 5 are pretty scarce compared to the other two. Now that the DVD is out, everyone wants to catch up on the story. Had the DVD come out in time, I'm sure we would have had a Trade Paperback of the series by now.

The actual going price is about $60 for the set. I just lucked out and got two bidders fighting each other at the end. Just look at the bid history :)