Official Transformers Super Thread 3

IMHO That's the worst version of Super Mega God Fire Convoy I've seen---I base mine on the first/most famous version from Japan, but for the hip armor I use the parts exactly how they are in "fire truck trailer mode" and they fit perfectly and look really nice. Always surprised I've never seen anyone else use them like that, as it looks better and is fairly "obvious" since you don't have to fold them or anything. Maybe I should go get mine and take a pic.

thanks for the link! I'd forgotten about Mirage, it's taken so long to come out. I am assuming (hoping) that the light blue parts on his arms are just a prototype colour and not the final colour? Because they look pretty silly compared to his dark blue body.

thanks for the link! I'd forgotten about Mirage, it's taken so long to come out. I am assuming (hoping) that the light blue parts on his arms are just a prototype colour and not the final colour? Because they look pretty silly compared to his dark blue body.

392789[/snapback]

NP mate. As for the light blue parts, unfortunately i'm 99 percent sure that's going to be the final color. When he was on display earlier this year at one of the toy cons he had the same light blue on the parts in question and it doesn't look like that's changed. <_<

Edited by Veritas

392789[/snapback]

NP mate. As for the light blue parts, unfortunately i'm 99 percent sure that's going to be the final color. When he was on display earlier this year at one of the toy cons he had the same light blue on the parts in question and it doesn't look like that's changed. <_<

392875[/snapback]

eeeww. what were they thinking? They would have been much better done in black than light blue. If I get him the first thing I'm doing after getting him outta the box is priming and painting those bits black. I really did think that was prototype parts as I often see proto toys in the same shade of light blue plastic.

Amenbo (a major japanese online retailer) reports that apparently Transformers KISS BT Convoy will instead have the Alternators plastic Optimus Prime.

IF that's true people in Japan (as well as importers) will be paying more-than BT prices for what is essentially an Alternator.

TF movie casting news from darkhorizons.com:

IGN FilmForce has learned which actors are poised to join the previously announced Shia LaBeof in the cast of the DreamWorks-Paramount live-action feature film version of The Transformers:

Oscar winner Jon Voight is in talks for Keller, the U.S. Secretary of State. Michael Clarke Duncan is closing in on the role of Louisiana-born Army Chief Warrant officer Figueroa and a close team member of young military commander Lennox. "Las Vegas" star Josh Duhamel is in talks for Lennox.

Bernie Mac is the frontrunner for the role of used car salesman Bobby Bolivia, Rachael Taylor as the super-hot and super-smart codebreaker Rachel, and Megan Fox as LaBeof's love interest Mikaela.

Offers are also out to Tyrese Gibson, John Turturro, Travis Van Winkle and John Robinson.

95% of the overall movie-going audience that will see Transformers the movie will be non-fans, ordinary people. Maybe even a higher percentage if you add in fans who can barely remember G1.

Fans of any fandom, Star Wars included, will always forget the general population will be the ones who bring in the majority of the revenue.

You think ordinary want to see all robot action? This isn't a cartoon. Excluding the Beast series (which ironically had the most 'human-like' transformer characterisations), all Transformers series have had human characters for the audience to relate to, somebody to see the robots on our level. Older fans would perhaps not care for or not need this human relation, but kids and the general population do.

Another thing - star power is VERY influential in how audiences choose to watch their movies - movies of actors, directors and producers they love, actors, directors and producers they hate. That's why all of that is advertised - because the masses follow it.

Amenbo (a major japanese online retailer) reports that apparently Transformers KISS BT Convoy will instead have the Alternators plastic Optimus Prime.

IF that's true people in Japan (as well as importers) will be paying more-than BT prices for what is essentially an Alternator.

392940[/snapback]

If that’s true that would be absolutely ridiculous. Takaratomy really is trying to bury themselves if they’re going to move ahead with selling Plastic Alternators at a price point higher than a Diecast Binaltech just because they package a miniscule female figurine with it.

They should set the transformers movie on cybertron already. Fuqing filthy humans trying to steal the show from the real heroes..

Although.. on second thought, I have to admit I wouldn't watch a TF movie if it was soley aimed at fans. Movies have to appeal to a wide audience because I get the feeling normal non fans wouldn't ordinarily watch a science fiction or comic book style movie for the actual franchise it was based on.

Think of the blade movie as an example. I think if you never knew who the character was, you would just as likely want to watch it as any 'leave your brains at the door' popcorn action movie with cool effects and people kicking other people's ass.

I hope the movie is good as a stand alone movie that really entertains, and not merely an ad to sell toys, comics, and things mainly only fans want, if you know what I mean..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

DA, the problem with his is that he's got the SFC Arms/ GFC skirt armor all messed up. That slims down the whole deal alot and looks much better. I'm not sure how he's got the shoulder bits mounted tho... that sight I posted has them mounted somewhere else too that I couldn't figure out.

Rumble looks..... interesting. Maybe it's a good thing that I decided to stop buying Decepticons.

Alternators RUMBLE official bot mode pic

He's red.

393272[/snapback]

I for one think rumble looks pretty good.. Athough, i think it's kinda early to judge based on just walmart's pics.. They are notorious for maltransformed transformers (ala meister, skids, etc..) and plus, it doesnt help that they dont place the figures in great poses either.. I have a strong hunch this guys gonna look great when he's in your hands.

Alternators RUMBLE official bot mode pic

He's red.

393272[/snapback]

I for one think rumble looks pretty good.. Athough, i think it's kinda early to judge based on just walmart's pics.. They are notorious for maltransformed transformers (ala meister, skids, etc..) and plus, it doesnt help that they dont place the figures in great poses either.. I have a strong hunch this guys gonna look great when he's in your hands.

393397[/snapback]

I see where you're coming from. For whatever reason the domestic alternator releases almost always have their figures either mistransformed, in bad poses or a combination of both. But compared to the prototype pictures that originally surfaced of Alt. Rumble (although blurry at best):

alt-rumble-toyfairuk.jpg

I'm disappointed to see how much he's changed since then and IMO none for the better. <_<

The prototype picture isn't showing up for me, but I'm digging the final version. It would be nice if there was a way to go from those arms to regular arms, though.

Oooof.... I like the proto shot much much better.

393436[/snapback]

I don't even see how the two are remotely similar. The tranformations seem totally different.

I think this is the first alt I actually detest. Hell, I've warmed up to Prime.

The Rumble picture seen at British Toy Fair was concept art.

I like the imagination in Alt Rumble's design, the outside-the-square thinking. Something SORELY needed in the dull Alternators/Binaltech line.

Then again, I tend to think of collector-focused lines that cater to the G1 or 'old-school' crowd as dull and unimaginative.

From TFW2005:

KISS Convoy w/ a surfboard?

:blink:

393387[/snapback]

Its a flaming sword. Flaming. Pink. Sword. :blink: *scurries off*

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Is this Rumble from Walmart a real offical alternator rumble?  because it looks kinda like one of those Car Robots to me, a really good one. 

you know the ones that look similar to alternator?

393568[/snapback]

Yes its a real official Alternator. Hence it being called 'TF Alternators' in the listing.