Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I must admit....I'm a little little bit disappointed. But I want to see the final. I mean, Prime didn't look good either back then till we was fully finished.

Finally some pics!!

Fighter mode looks great but sadly robot mode differs on some important things compared to the great concept sketch. This are the main things I don't like:

-The body is chunky but that wouldn’t matter if the part of the nose where the head sits was in the same level the intakes are and in a downward slope like they are (like in the concept). This just makes the head look like it’s on a pedestal.

-The wings are too low.

-The pointy parts of the intakes are too sort (there is a lot of space for the crown though).

I hope this is a veeeery early prototype.

post-2996-1148381856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks

I like the chunkiness but that torso looks a bit off (specially the neck/head area). I've photoshoped a version with the head not sitting on the pedestal and it just makes it all come together IMO:

post-2996-1148387022_thumb.jpg

Well, I'd better get used to pedestal neck.

We can hope that its actually not transformed properly. And you're right, it does look better when its not high up.

And this may be old news to you guys, but i just saw the new Metroplex.

Robot mode's fine but the vehicle mode is....urgh.

http://www.ultimatetoys.com.my/New/Transfo...roMetroplex.htm

uhm... that vehicle mode of the new metroplex is just wrong.. so basically he just bends over and goes on all fours?

The new MPC SS is sweet though, fighter mode looks great, though I'm interested to see what his belly looks like... I'm imagining tons of kibble.

Edited by eugimon

Someone has already done a photoshop color pic.

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...ndpost&p=890190

401481[/snapback]

Yikes! That pedastal head looks even worse when everything is colored. I really hope the thing is just transformed badly. I thought the photoshop version where the head is placed lower on the body makes SS look great! Keeping my fingers crossed.

I've seen the import Metroplex in box at Frank & Sons, the robot mode looks great and I want it just because it pays homage to the G1 character which I liked just because it was huge. But the alt mode, what the heck is that, some bull dozer or something, why couldn't they make it a base and bring in a G1 homage to Trypticon like frrom the War Within Comics.

WOW! Screamer looks great! A little chunky but I don't mind!

Also I got the Transformers Movie for $25....original collectors edition R1 release.

Chris

Is it just me, or does Metroplex looks like he's getting ready to be ass-rammed?

401485[/snapback]

*sighs with relief*

And here I thought I was just a warped and depraved pervert.

Well, I probably still am, but at least I'm not alone.

G1 Metroplex similarly transforms into nothing. He either sat down with his arms and legs pointed out in front of him, or he sat down with his arms and legs at random angles.

Is it just me, or does Metroplex looks like he's getting ready to be ass-rammed?

401485[/snapback]

He's actually sitting down, with his waist rotated 180 degrees.
Because the character isn't Metroplex.  It's Megalo Convoy (or Prisonshowermate-Convoy  :p ).  and he's supposed to be a construction vehicle.  Hasbro's renaming scheme for Galaxy Force to Cybertron is stupid.

401552[/snapback]

This is Not G1. They can name a Unicron Trilogy character anything they please given its a different continuity.

Why do you say its stupid? Considering the design and conceptualisation process begins at Hasbro, this toy was going to be designed as a Metroplex. Especially considering the design is a homage to Metroplex.

I don't know why fans assume Hasbro 'renames' the Galaxy Force toys all because Hasbro releases them after Takara, due to the fact Hasbro maintained a mainline for 18 months Vs Takara's 12 months, and so they began later in the year. Did people complain when Takara renamed the Armada or Energon characters when Takara released Micron Densetsu and Superlink after Hasbro?

Metro is a loose interpretation of a bucket-wheel excavator, a huge mining vehicle in the real world.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Someone has already done a photoshop color pic.

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...ndpost&p=890190

401481[/snapback]

My friend Puck over at Seibertron.com also did a photoshop version of an MP Skywarp and Thundercracker.

http://seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83968&start=60

(scroll down a little)

And since MP starscream is smaller then MP Convoy they might do repaints of Starscream into the 2 other seekers. I highly dount Takara would retool Starscream to do the cone heads. And I wouldnt be surprised if there was an E Hobby exclusive or some type of exclusive for Sunstorm since he has gotten so much attention and cult fandom the past couple of years.

As for MP-03 I really like him! THis is soemthing I have been waiting for, for a very long time! I just hope he comes with his Decepticon Crown of Leadership and Cornination armor. He will make an great center piece for my 30 piece Starscream collection (Sadly Super Starscream will have to move over).

God damn I'm happy I bought an MPC Starscream....sad it wont arrive till maybe October....but still I LIKE IT.

Also....I can see Megalo-Convoy as being named Metroplex....but well.....I dunno....he also in a way reminds me of Ultra Magnus, well just the head really. but I guess Magnus and Metroplex both have a "similar" style of head.

I don't know why fans assume Did people complain when Takara renamed the Armada or Energon characters when Takara released Micron Densetsu and Superlink after Hasbro?

I bet you the japanese fans DID.

Only if you were insane and/or visually impaired.

401440[/snapback]

Spoken like a true fanboy. <_< Prototype colours aren't my cup of tea. Who knows what the real end product looks like.

This is Not G1. They can name a Unicron Trilogy character anything they please given its a different continuity.

Why do you say its stupid? Considering the design and conceptualisation process begins at Hasbro, this toy was going to be designed as a Metroplex. Especially considering the design is a homage to Metroplex.

I don't know why fans assume Hasbro 'renames' the Galaxy Force toys all because Hasbro releases them after Takara, due to the fact Hasbro maintained a mainline for 18 months Vs Takara's 12 months, and so they began later in the year. Did people complain when Takara renamed the Armada or Energon characters when Takara released Micron Densetsu and Superlink after Hasbro?

Metro is a loose interpretation of a bucket-wheel excavator, a huge mining vehicle in the real world.

401705[/snapback]

I can call it anyway I want to because it's MY opinion. Galaxy Force's story is tighter then Cybertrons because it doesn't have to try to force a connection to previous shows like Hasbro does. Hasbro's renaming of the planetary convoys to their english counterparts is understandable due to them needing to protect the names but I still think their choice of names are stupid. Some names changes were good such as Inch Up to Dirt Boss was a good change but Chromia to Thunderblast? WTF? Nitro Convoy suddenly becomes a female character because Hasbro didn't want the only female character to be evil is so PC it's retarded.

And don't have me go off on Armada(Pokemon) and Energon(Super Sentai Convoy) because I think both shows were utter crap.

Megalo Convoy/Metroplex = prisonbitch convoy/Metro so yeah I'd say that was a "loose" interpretation.

For the MP-03 I have to say go with a deeper blue for the arms and foot parts....it looks a bit toyish. I know that's not what it was like on the screen...but I there has got to be a better colour.

Edited by kensei

Nice, not the best scan to the one side, but good none the less. Also I think it may not be properly transformed, look at the intakes, and I think that the cockpit may angle in more as well.