Official Transformers Super Thread 3

The cartoon version switches around what model of truck Prime is. Mainly a season-by-season thing. Kind of like how Sideswipe sometimes looks a lot like a Countach, and sometimes looks more like Bluestreak...

I just got the Transformers the Movie (animated) off of Ebay. I think I've only seen bits and peices of it back in the day, but, probably the whole thing. Does it hold up well? Animation and storywise that is, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Chris

Well, its animated by Toei, so the animation still holds up well by today's standards, aside from some wobbly bits here and there, colouring mistakes ect. All the bots look shiny most of the time (Oddly enough Armada Unicron has more surface detailing than G1 Movie Unicron).

Storywise its kind of a Star Wars rip-off in feeling, but not exact story. Its violent and things move along at a decent pace. LOTS of hair metal and 80s rock. Musical score is mostly incredibly dated synth electronica.

I hated Brawn on the G1 cartoon so I'm glad he died. Being shot in the shoulder, HAHA! Pussy. Alot of fans love Brawn (for whatever reason) and don't believe Brawn is dead for the simple fact he's supposed to be alot tougher.

Hey, how many of you have managed to find an Alt Prime in your local stores?

I've checked my locals, and found nothing. Ebay even seems a little light on its number.

I hated Brawn on the G1 cartoon so I'm glad he died. Being shot in the shoulder, HAHA! Pussy. Alot of fans love Brawn (for whatever reason) and don't believe Brawn is dead for the simple fact he's supposed to be alot tougher.

401185[/snapback]

I think Brawn had the appeal of being a sort of straight-laced, non-berzerker Wolverine type... the tiny little runt who's a lot tougher and stronger than he looks and who can lay down guys thrice his size. That and the fact that he probably was one of the Autobots every kid could get (because he was one of the tiny ones) probably helped his popularity. Personally, I miss all four of doomed shuttle crew (will avoid the names of the rest so I won't spoil it for the three people who haven't seen the movie), all for various reasons.

But you're right. While the others went down in a blaze of glory (two to tons of hits, plus Megatron's followup) and one to a silly Constructicon shot (which at least looked like some kind of critical hit), Brawn gets up, gets shot in the shoulder, and goes down. Heck, Bumblebee took more abuse in the cartoon and survived. :D

if you do get a reissue get the import version, they screwed up the stickers for the us release and they got rid of most of his chrome weapons :(

401185[/snapback]

I think Brawn had the appeal of being a sort of straight-laced, non-berzerker Wolverine type... the tiny little runt who's a lot tougher and stronger than he looks and who can lay down guys thrice his size. That and the fact that he probably was one of the Autobots every kid could get (because he was one of the tiny ones) probably helped his popularity. Personally, I miss all four of doomed shuttle crew (will avoid the names of the rest so I won't spoil it for the three people who haven't seen the movie), all for various reasons.

But you're right. While the others went down in a blaze of glory (two to tons of hits, plus Megatron's followup) and one to a silly Constructicon shot (which at least looked like some kind of critical hit), Brawn gets up, gets shot in the shoulder, and goes down. Heck, Bumblebee took more abuse in the cartoon and survived. :D

401221[/snapback]

Ha! I think I remember that!!! Didn't Megatron blast him point blank after he was down saying something like "such foolish heroics?"

It's funny that you said that about Brawn. I totally forgot about him and remember as a kid I didn't like him either....wasn't he the mini van? Oh wait that was Ironhide right!? Man it's all comming back now...I think :blink: Either way it was the mini van guy that I didn't like that much but remember being a little...."shocked" and sad when he was executed by Megatron.

Can't wait to see this again!

Chris

Personally, I miss all four of doomed shuttle crew (will avoid the names of the rest so I won't spoil it for the three people who haven't seen the movie), all for various reasons.

Isn't this along the lines of a spoiler warning for "Hamlet dies"?

I think after 2 decades you lose spoiler protection status.

Yeah, I think it's a bit of a longshot to consider their deaths a spiler at this point. Truth be told, I can't recall the fourth memeber of the crew tho... it's Ironhide, Brawn, and Prowl, but I can't think of the fourth, unless it was Ratchet...

And I personally love Brawn. The saddest part was that he seemed to die all the time in the few Transformers sources I had as a kid... the movie, this crazy fan game that had some wonky time travel stuff and Brawn dying like Kenny in a South Park episode, and that one G2 comic issue with ther big Green and Purple Megatron (tank) goes around and wrecks like a bunch of guys in one issue... including Steeljaw and Brawn (ripped apart this time, not shot I think.)

Yeah it was Ratchet. He died the saddest, with flames coming outta his eyes and mouth. Oh the agony. Over a millenia fighting the Decepticons and I die from one blast of Starcream's puny laser.

Is Brawn that yelllow in front but green at the back dude? He was a mini-bot i think. Didn't like him when i was young. Don't like him now either.

yes the last member of the crew was ratchet. actually it was prowl that had the flames coming out of his mouth and eyes. he was shot by Scavenger of the Constructicons if i recall. yea brawn was the minibot.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

no kidding for some reason the movie is super expensive now, i do not recall it being that rare either.

chris

no kidding for some reason the movie is super expensive now, i do not recall it being that rare either.

chris

401348[/snapback]

It is because Rhino (who owned the rights/printed the DVDs/whatever) went out of business.

401349[/snapback]

I don't think Rhino's gone out of business as evidenced by this:

http://www.rhino.com/

but as far as i remember they've stopped printing new copies of the transformers movie and the original G1 series, meaning insane prices for something that used to be easy to find.

Edited by Veritas

Fu-ck yea!!!!!!!! i am so getting one of these. it even comes with a display stand :ph34r:

chris

From what I recall, someone snagged the rights back from Rhino over a year ago, which is why all the G1 stuff went out of production. Luckily I managed to pick up all of the TV sets for about $25 each when I found out.

hey you never know they may also make Sunstorm, and on top of that a few new parts and release Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet :o

Z0mGWTFBBQ........the fighter mode is reason enough to get this.....but the robot mode....something doesn't look right. Like kind of unproportionate.

head small...arms big....i dunno.

Z0mGWTFBBQ........the fighter mode is reason enough to get this.....but the robot mode....something doesn't look right. Like kind of unproportionate.

401388[/snapback]

I'm not seeing any serious proportion issues. Looks incredible to me, though somewhat floppy looking in both modes. I'd wager that's just an issue with the prototype, and the finished product will be solid.

401388[/snapback]

They seemed to have sacraficed the robot mode a little bit to make the best fighter mode. The proportions are a bit off, but I can live with that. What really bothers me is that they made the head sit a little too high off his shoulders. He looks like he has an unusually long and fat neck. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me. It is too bad though that they decided to take the route of making the vehicle mode better than robot. MP Prime was the exact opposite where the truck mode suffered because of the robot mode. But guess what, I can buy a great model of a truck or fighter plane at any model shop. I can only get one MP transformer that looks like Prime or Starscream.

401388[/snapback]

They seemed to have sacraficed the robot mode a little bit to make the best fighter mode. The proportions are a bit off, but I can live with that. What really bothers me is that they made the head sit a little too high off his shoulders. He looks like he has an unusually long and fat neck. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me. It is too bad though that they decided to take the route of making the vehicle mode better than robot. MP Prime was the exact opposite where the truck mode suffered because of the robot mode. But guess what, I can buy a great model of a truck or fighter plane at any model shop. I can only get one MP transformer that looks like Prime or Starscream.

401406[/snapback]

Being that Kawamori designed it, I'm not surprised at all that he emphasized vehicle first. After all he is a huge fighter jet nut.