Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I was really unhappy with the Gobot looking head on Alternator Lambor (Sideswipe) so I decided to make a new one. If there's enough interest I'd consider recasting. Also, a friend of mine decided that he needed to fix Sideswipe's feet. He removed the pin that I've pointed out below.

post-592-1146114325.jpg

After the feet were corrected, my friend decided that he liked the hood idea from Windcharger (Overdrive). He then cut the piece connecting the hood to the crotch and drilled a small hole. He then put a counter-sink into the piece still connected to the hood so that the screw sits flush inside the plastic. Here's a close up of the modified area.

post-592-1146114983.jpg

More TF-Movie Rumors?

394669[/snapback]

So, if Bumblebee winds up being a '70's Camaro, can we FINALLY get a Bumblee Alternator? I know making him a Camaro will force him to be as big or maybe even bigger than some of the others, but I just want a Bumblebee and a Camaro, while at first seeming to be a ridiculous choice, it sorta works in terms of the personality of the vehicle and the fact that he'd still be a little pathetic (in this case, outdated as opposed to outright underpowered) compared to his teammates.

Also, I can live with Devastator being one robot (could always work in something weird with him being split later on if you want to return him to his Constructicon ways), but why also include Bonecrusher, then? And for the love of whomever you believe in, why not include Skywarp and Thundercracker? You don't even need to have speaking parts for them. One of the iconic images for the original Transformers were the motley colored trio of Seekers... Starscream needs his wingmen!

Hopefully that list is speaking roles. We don't really need two dozen combatants on each side, but a few backgroound faces will not only appease the old time fans, but make this 'war' seem more than 'Millions of years ago, there was a never ending game of five-on-five street basketball on Cybertron...now they've brought their game here...'

More TF-Movie Rumors?

394669[/snapback]

Hopefully that list is speaking roles. We don't really need two dozen combatants on each side, but a few backgroound faces will not only appease the old time fans, but make this 'war' seem more than 'Millions of years ago, there was a never ending game of five-on-five street basketball on Cybertron...now they've brought their game here...'

394793[/snapback]

SPACE JAM 2!!! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!

It should be noted some of the bots on that list have non-speaking roles. Bumblebee is said to be mute.

To all the self-proclaimed 'hardcore G1 fans', 'true transformers fans' and movie fanatics who have popped up since the movie was announced and have been slagging off modern transformers recently because the new stuff is alledgedly nothing like the 'real transformers':

HA HA.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Very bad photocopied pictures of the upcoming Transformers: Classics Optimus Prime and Megatron. Classics will replace Cybertron as the mainline in October or so.

Megatron is a gun, Prime is a truck. It looks like Prime has a rub symbol on his shoulder/side of truck.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Very bad photocopied pictures of the upcoming Transformers: Classics Optimus Prime and Megatron. Classics will replace Cybertron as the mainline in October or so.

Megatron is a gun, Prime is a truck. It looks like Prime has a rub symbol on his shoulder/side of truck.

395059[/snapback]

Boy you're not kidding about the bad quality. It's funny how Action-HQ still puts their watermark on it regardless.

I'm still trying to figure out what prime is holding as a gun? It looks like a part of his truck body but i can't put my finger on it. As for Megs i've really gotta see some better pictures before i can pass judgement. Thanks for the links.

It should be noted some of the bots on that list have non-speaking roles. Bumblebee is said to be mute.

To all the self-proclaimed 'hardcore G1 fans', 'true transformers fans' and movie fanatics who have popped up since the movie was announced and have been slagging off modern transformers recently because the new stuff is alledgedly nothing like the 'real transformers':

I think this movie should be made for a newer generation of fan. People not familiar with the 80s g1. But at the same time have some homages to g1. I'm glad they are all vehicles though. Megatron as a tank is a good thing, but I'm a little disapointed devastator isn't a giant like we all remember.

So long as they keep with the theme of the 'the bad guys having the advantage in power over the good guys', I will be happy. The decepticons should have the fighters and tanks, while autobots are mainly innocent cars in keeping with thier name. (who may build up defence later to counter - ie jetfire, dinobots etc )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Goodness, After napping due to gorging myself@ a chinese buffet, I wake up to find this. WHOA!

I admit, I was expecting something better, something akin to a G1 modernized.

But these still look cool. The scan is horrible my goodness, but I guess action HQ just wants to get the word out first.

These look promising, can't wait to see the rest~!

And earlier today I was thinking Megs would be a handheld gun that kids and collectors could hold just to shut us collectors up, I woke up and realized I was right. How cool is that>?!

I'm very surprised/pleased with Prime. Complete opposite of Astrotrain IMHO. Will probably buy it, unless he looks much worse when good pics surface. Wonder if we'll get a trailer this time, or will he be like MP Prime...

Though seeing all the people on the forums call it a "flat-front" truck irritates/annoys me to no end. :p No different than calling a jet a "whoosh plane" as I heard once. (Because it makes a whooshing noise to fly) Those types of trucks are called cabovers. CABOVER. Or C.O.E. Not "flat-front". I swear that term was invented on the 2005 boards a few years ago, and never existed prior to that. When something already has multiple specific terms existing for it as well as nice simple abbreviations for those terms, there's really no need to make a new 3rd-grade-vocabulary equivalent term.

PS--they're generally just called "roof fairings", sometimes "aero fairings". Definitely not a spoiler, as no truck has downforce or lift issues at all due to their shape. Even though some are quite spoiler-shaped.

I'm very surprised/pleased with Prime.  Complete opposite of Astrotrain IMHO.  Will probably buy it, unless he looks much worse when good pics surface.  Wonder if we'll get a trailer this time, or will he be like MP Prime...

Though seeing all the people on the forums call it a "flat-front" truck irritates/annoys me to no end. :p  No different than calling a jet a "whoosh plane" as I heard once.  (Because it makes a whooshing noise to fly)  Those types of trucks are called cabovers.  CABOVER.  Or C.O.E.  Not "flat-front".  I swear that term was invented on the 2005 boards a few years ago, and never existed prior to that.  When something already has multiple specific terms existing for it as well as nice simple abbreviations for those terms, there's really no need to make a new 3rd-grade-vocabulary equivalent term. 

PS--they're generally just called "roof fairings", sometimes "aero fairings".  Definitely not a spoiler, as no truck has downforce or lift issues at all due to their shape.  Even though some are quite spoiler-shaped.

395147[/snapback]

We are getting the trailer. Originally Prime was supposed to ship as a deluxe sans trailer , with a version later on as a voyager size class, now its just voyager with trailer

BTW folks Megatron's robot mode is based on Super Megatron...the upgraded G1 Megatron that Star Convoy fights in the late last runs of G1(it was a japanese G1 manga called battlestars.

Does Megatron comes bundled with Time Crisis?  :ph34r:

megatrash.jpg

395154[/snapback]

Oh wow... they both look like a crappy gun. Do you really think Hasbro bothered to copy the crappy Time Crisis gun?

395164[/snapback]

Welcome to 'America has too many real guns and people can get shot or arrested for waving around a fake real-looking gun'. You should have heard the guy over at the GI Joe forums who was assembling a bootleg G1 Megatron he had just bought from the flea market, while sitting in his car. Until he saw a guy in a car opposite to him reach under his seat for a real gun.

Assuming Hasbro wasn't forced to change the colours already - make a real looking gun and by US LAW they'd have to make it bright orange.

BTW folks Megatron's robot mode is based on Super Megatron...the upgraded G1 Megatron that Star Convoy fights in the late last runs of G1(it was a japanese G1 manga called battlestars.

Hell yeah! Incidentaly, anyone know where I can find the source material for this? Wasn't it released as a monthly comic strip in some periodical? I always thought that a real posable Star Convoy remake would be badass.

Does Megatron comes bundled with Time Crisis?   :ph34r:

megatrash.jpg

395154[/snapback]

Oh wow... they both look like a crappy gun. Do you really think Hasbro bothered to copy the crappy Time Crisis gun?

395164[/snapback]

Welcome to 'America has too many real guns and people can get shot or arrested for waving around a fake real-looking gun'. You should have heard the guy over at the GI Joe forums who was assembling a bootleg G1 Megatron he had just bought from the flea market, while sitting in his car. Until he saw a guy in a car opposite to him reach under his seat for a real gun.

Assuming Hasbro wasn't forced to change the colours already - make a real looking gun and by US LAW they'd have to make it bright orange.

395169[/snapback]

YUK!! :ph34r: