Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Tformers just posted up some info on BTA Convoy... including a grainy picture of his head.

BTA Convoy and TF Atari Preorders

390840[/snapback]

Cool, I want it (I couldn't care less about the girls thoug)!!

But the one I can't wait to get my hands on is Mirage!!

~Tico

LOL Yoshinol... I used to have a lot of the pictures that were circulating back then...

Tformers just posted up some info on BTA Convoy... including a grainy picture of his head.

BTA Convoy and TF Atari Preorders

390840[/snapback]

Cool, I want it (I couldn't care less about the girls thoug)!!

But the one I can't wait to get my hands on is Mirage!!

~Tico

390851[/snapback]

I really hope we see a BT Mirage/Liger too. I don't doubt that it'll happen but it would just be more re-assuring if we finally got a confirmed release date. <_<

Maybe he's running low on Yoshinol*...

Speaking of Cybertronian Bumblebee, didn't someone do a custom of him a year or two ago?

*please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Yoshinol

390823[/snapback]

I remember Yoshinol. I should have saved some of the pictures too. Ah well.

Yeah, actually someone did a very limited run of them for some TF convention. There's actually one on ebay right now that I just saw, but it looks like crap. The sculpt and recasting is very very VERY rough. It also doesn't help that whoever painted it was very skilled either.

Sorry guys, dont hate me... I was just joking a bit.

Too much Yoshinol.

Anyways I did not ment to cause such big deal, It was just and innocent and very usual comment about TFs.

Really, I wasnt trying to insult anybody.

Sorry angain, and now go play with those hugly toys, and forget the whole thing! :D

Maybe he's running low on Yoshinol*...

And in an effort to bring the thread back to happy super-fan land, now that there has been a possible case-assortment announced for the Transformers Classics line (Prime, Megs, Astrotrain, Starscream, Hot Rod and Bumblebee), does anyone want to speculate what the designs may be like?  I guess the one I'm most curious about is Bumblebee.  Assuming VW is still taking a non-TF toy stance, I wonder if the little yellow guy will be made as his Cybertronian self from the first episode.  I'd love to see that. 

Speaking of Cybertronian Bumblebee, didn't someone do a custom of him a year or two ago?

*please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Yoshinol

390823[/snapback]

Fans@botcon said the neog1 starscreamer they saw was an F-15. And the sizes so far are deluxe and voyager, no basic yet.

BTW the lists are very similar to the cybertronian insider lists that were revealed a few months back.

Scrambled Steve was making a Cybertrom Bumblebee forever, but then his site dissapeared.

391018[/snapback]

Well a little while ago, JD Productions had a transformable Cybertronian Bumblebee model/figure for sale on their site before they went under. I never picked one up myself but i heard the QC on them was kind of shoddy and the materials that they used in making the kits (which you had to sand, paint and put together yourself... like most resin kits) was not worth the price of admission. Last i heard Rabid Squirrel Productions picked up all the molds, kits and rights to the stuff JD was originally working on and had in the pipeline. Rabid Squirrel makes their own Cyberfembot Kits that i heard are made of better quality materials, but still have to be put together and painted. Still if you're looking for an accurate transformable Arcee their kits are about as close as you can get to the G1 character without scratch building one yourself heh. <_<

Edited by Veritas

haha.. yes, that is Sebastian's sense of humour all right. 'hugly' is just Spanglish for ugly.

He's been paying me out for liking TF's for years.. I always end up laughing at his rude insensitve comments!

Although I think he secretly loves Saint Seya toys which everyone knows are totally gay. So now we're even!

Sorry guys, dont hate me... I was just joking a bit. 

Too much Yoshinol.

Anyways I did not ment to cause such big deal, It was just and innocent and very usual comment about TFs.

Really, I wasnt trying to insult anybody.

Sorry angain, and now go play with those hugly toys, and forget the whole thing!    :D

390871[/snapback]

Well, if your location is accurate, my chinese friends (I'm asian myself) do tell me many chinese robot fans don't like Transformers for whatever reason. *shrug*
Scrambled Steve was making a Cybertrom Bumblebee forever, but then his site dissapeared.

391018[/snapback]

Well a little while ago, JD Productions had a transformable Cybertronian Bumblebee model/figure for sale on their site before they went under. I never picked one up myself but i heard the QC on them was kind of shoddy and the materials that they used in making the kits (which you had to sand, paint and put together yourself... like most resin kits) was not worth the price of admission. Last i heard Rabid Squirrel Productions picked up all the molds, kits and rights to the stuff JD was originally working on and had in the pipeline. Rabid Squirrel makes their own Cyberfembot Kits that i heard are made of better quality materials, but still have to be put together and painted. Still if you're looking for an accurate transformable Arcee their kits are about as close as you can get to the G1 character without scratch building one yourself heh. <_<

391024[/snapback]

JDP shut down because they kind of ripped people off on some of their products, such as their disasterous Devastator 'cold cast statue' which was really just bunches of construction toys glued together, sent to the buyer, broken.

Rabid Squirrel is controversial because they make products based upon designs Hasbro owns (but have yet to make a toy out of), and kind of dance around the legal issue and justify the fact their product is original 'BASED' upon Hasbro's designs.

Unfortunately for them, early this year they announced a War Within Prime, and soon after Hasbro unvieled its die-cast metal, fully-transforming War Within Prime toy at Toyfare.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

As for Transformers Kiss

TAKARA MARKETING BRAINSTOOOORRRRRMMM!!

Marketing Chief: Okay guys. These Transformer Binaltech things aren't doing very well for us. Our last attempt to make them more hip and popular among the regular consumer, by lowering the build standards on certain models, including a poorly made pvc figurine, and increasing the recommended retail price for the priviledge of these changes, did even worse.

Any ideas?

(long pause)

Marketing Guru 1,234*: I KNOW!! How about we... increase the retail price by nearly 1,000 yen?

Marketing Chief: (Pause)... BRILLIANT! Let's put that idea into effect, immediately!

Narrator: One year later, TakaraTomy files for bankruptcy. They are eventually bought out by rival, Bandai.

THE END

*(fun fact: For every designer and engineer at Takara, there are 50 incompetent marketers)

391018[/snapback]

391024[/snapback]

JDP shut down because they kind of ripped people off on some of their products, such as their disasterous Devastator 'cold cast statue' which was really just bunches of construction toys glued together, sent to the buyer, broken.

Rabid Squirrel is controversial because they make products based upon designs Hasbro owns (but have yet to make a toy out of), and kind of dance around the legal issue and justify the fact their product is original 'BASED' upon Hasbro's designs.

Unfortunately for them, early this year they announced a War Within Prime, and soon after Hasbro unvieled its die-cast metal, fully-transforming War Within Prime toy at Toyfare.

391036[/snapback]

I figured as much about JDP but i didn't read anything concrete about it. I read horror stories about those statues myself. The main page and the prototype pictures made them look so nice. But for whatever reason JDP shipped all of these cold cast statues with little to no packaging material whatsoever so when the statues reached their destination they usually came in about a dozen not so easy to put together pieces.

So far Rabid has only made the Cyberfembot. The other things they've been offering for preorder/order on their page are things that they got by buying out JDP's old kits and whatever they still had in the pipeline. Master Mover (War Within Prime) was one of these in the pipeline kits. After they found out Hasbro was eventually releasing War Within Prime in Transformers Titanium series they ceased preorders.

As for Transformers Kiss

TAKARA MARKETING BRAINSTOOOORRRRRMMM!!

Marketing Chief: Okay guys. These Transformer Binaltech things aren't doing very well for us. Our last attempt to make them more hip and popular among the regular consumer, by lowering the build standards on certain models, including a poorly made pvc figurine, and increasing the recommended retail price for the priviledge of these changes, did even worse.

Any ideas?

(long pause)

Marketing Guru 1,234*: I KNOW!! How about we... increase the retail price by nearly 1,000 yen?

Marketing Chief: (Pause)... BRILLIANT! Let's put that idea into effect, immediately!

Narrator: One year later, TakaraTomy files for bankruptcy. They are eventually bought out by rival, Bandai.

THE END

*(fun fact: For every designer and engineer at Takara, there are 50 incompetent marketers)

391038[/snapback]

Haha, as much i hope this doesn't happen, i have to admit your story probably has a good amount of truth to it as well.

Here's hoping BandaiTT doesn't axe the transformers line. <_<

Edited by Veritas

WOOO-HOOOOO this is the most awesome news ever. the import Masterpiece Convoy is being reissued. i really want to get the import version over again but the price is killing me. this is fantastic ;D seeing that low pre-order price on HLJ is a incredible sight. now i will not have to spend about $200.00 on the ones that show up on ebay.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-1144990332.html

WOOO-HOOOOO this is the most awesome news ever. the import Masterpiece Convoy is being reissued.  i really want to get the import version over again but the price is killing me. this is fantastic ;D seeing that low pre-order price on HLJ is a incredible sight. now i will not have to spend about $200.00 on the ones that show up on ebay.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-1144990332.html

391129[/snapback]

That's great new!! It will look great with custom trailer:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18684

Wonderful. I just paid almost $200 for a Takara MP-01, like, a month ago. And it's got chipped paint and a broken smokestack. I even bought those custom platinum stacks from Ebay to replace the broken one. Those were $20 after shipping. Drat. :(

Wonderful.  I just paid almost $200 for a Takara MP-01, like, a month ago.  And it's got chipped paint and a broken smokestack.  I even bought those custom platinum stacks from Ebay to replace the broken one.  Those were $20 after shipping.  Drat. :(

391167[/snapback]

damn man... that blows...

see if you can sell it off on ebay quickly, most people probably do not know yet, if you put it up asap you can probably make your money back still.

chris

Wonderful.  I just paid almost $200 for a Takara MP-01, like, a month ago.  And it's got chipped paint and a broken smokestack.  I even bought those custom platinum stacks from Ebay to replace the broken one.  Those were $20 after shipping.  Drat. :(

391167[/snapback]

damn man... that blows...

391170[/snapback]

Yeah, and yet I still find myself tempted to sell in and blow another 100+ for one in pristine condition. Good thing the VF-0 is coming out soon to eat up every last cent of my toy money.

see if you can sell it off on ebay quickly, most people probably do not know yet, if you put it up asap you can probably make your money back still.

chris

391175[/snapback]

That's not a bad idea...but I might feel guilty allowing someone else to feel screwed.

This is great news!

This Optimus in my opinion is the greatest Transformer EVER made.

It truly is a Masterpiece.

I have a Hasbro, and also (2) Takara's.

The Takara's I picked up at BotCon 2004 in Pasadena for only $80 each at the con!

I got Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus) to sign on of them.

Later on the price just starting going up, up, up!

I don't need anymore, but I am glad they are reissuing it for those that don't have it. Like I said, once you transform this heavy die-cast TF you will then know how awesome it actually is.

This is great news!

This Optimus in my opinion is the greatest Transformer EVER made.

It truly is a Masterpiece.

I have a Hasbro, and also (2) Takara's.

The Takara's I picked up at BotCon 2004 in Pasadena for only $80 each at the con!

I got Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus) to sign on of them.

Later on the price just starting going up, up, up!

I don't need anymore, but I am glad they are reissuing it for those that don't have it. Like I said, once you transform this heavy die-cast TF you will then know how awesome it actually is.

391236[/snapback]

Oh yeah definitely! I’ve got two myself, but I’m happy to hear that other people who didn’t pick him up the first time around for whatever reason, are getting a second chance at scoring one now without having to pay double what his retail was. He’s an excellent figure and an awesome centerpiece to anyone’s transformers collection, especially one built around BTs and Alts.

TF Character Culture

391237[/snapback]

And thanks for the story Black Valkyrie.

Edited by Veritas

TF Character Culture

391237[/snapback]

I think this sounds like desperation from Takara, to be honest.

Transformers Kiss is still one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of.

Its a good job Hasbro is actually, you know, sucessful with Transformers that they don't have to pull ridiculous stunts like this.

FFN CRAZY IDEA ALERT!

Takara isn't a real company - its an elaborate tax-avoidance scheme

I mean, really look at their past crazy schemes, poor decisions and desperate ploys over the past few years, as well as Takara Marketing's (incompetance defined) insistance that they be the driving creative force behind the Transformers cartoons of the past 4 years, even though history has PROVEN the American-written Transformers cartoons/toylines have always been more popular with the Japanese fanbase.

I mean, Jesus, Binaltech Asterisk was a retailing DISASTER, so they're doing it again... but with the girlie figures making out with the robots to give them special powers and charging even more money for it? WTF TAKARA? WTF?!?

Compounding the problem is Takara's marketing department doesn't seem to know what to make with this gaijin 'Transformer' thing they have. They keep trying to turn it into a japanese-specific line, ie, aping other popular japanese genres and kids anime. But they fail to see the reason why Transformers was ever popular in Japan in the first place was that it was different, it was a western series, a different take upon the massive robot market in Japan. Its differences made it stand out. Turning it into something more suited to the japanese audience just turned the japanese off it.

Really, I like Takara for its technical and artistic skill. But leave the ideas for Transformers to Hasbro, you know, the company that actually got Takara's toys popular in the first place, and is the one sucessful with the line.

G2+?

Unless you mean series after G2 such as Beast Wars, you're possibly confused.

Generation 2 began in 1992 and ended in 1995. In 1996 Beast Wars began.

G1 after the movie was still G1.

G1 US

G1 Season 1

Season 2

Movie

Season 3

Season 4 (Only 4 episodes, The Return of Optimus Prime and The Rebirth)

G1 Japanese

G1 Season 1

Season 2

Movie (Not officially available in Japan until 1990 or so)

Season 3

Headmasters (at this point, popularity for Transformers started to go downhill as the cartoon was now written in Japan)

Super God Masterforce (not taken too well by japanese fans due to massive changes and the fact the head writer argued with fans)

Victory

Zone OAV

I like Takara and Hasbro both, I don't really get the desire some people have to rail either one of them or to put one above the other. They both make toys, we buy them, that's it. Why make it anymore complicated? Who cares if one of them comes up with a "crazy scheme"? If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm happy both companies exists and offer different choices for people.

I heard that TF-MF and TF-V are the best sequels to TF-G1, TF-HM was weak. Check these pics based on the audio drama CD cover from Kiss Convoy and one page comic from Dengeki Hobby Mag :

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/kissplay1.jpg

http://www.fantofan.jp/news/mag/dengekihobby/may2006-4.jpg

PS : Binaltech Convoy`s head looks more like Ginrai.

Transformers victory was cool, but it loses something from the G-1 series, it has virtually none of the cast, even when they transform it does not make the cool sound that we all know and love, and the fact that they yell the name of their special move makes it feel more like a Brave series then a Transformers series.

chris