Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Here's some pics of my displayed TF collection. Since i don't have room for display cases in my apartment all of my bots are forced to face the elements on a daily basis heh. <_<

Picture079Medium.jpg

The JRX Train Combiner from Car Robots (Rail Racer from Transformers Robots in Disguise). This is an awesome figure in just about every respect. He's extremely detailed and extremely poseable, I esp. like his head sculpt. Keep in mind the individual robots that combine him are nothing to write home to mom about, but when you put em together, that's a whole another story in itself. Basically, if you're looking for a new Generation Transformers Combiner to add to your collection the buck stops here. This guy blows the Energon combiners out of the water IMO, and you can't really find a better deal since he's been released three times now (japanes original, american release, korean re-release) you can easily find one on eBay going for just about the same price he was originally selling for (45-60 dollars for the set). He's a great addition to any collection and one of my personal favorites. :D

the JRX is on my list he has been for a while now. :)

chris

Picture045Medium.jpg

Galaxy Force Dreadrock (Cybertron Jetfire). I've heard alot of mixed reviews about this guy. IMO though he's an excellent figure and a great additon to the Galaxy Force line. He won't win any awards for being extremely poseable, but he still looks great. The best part is his alt. mode is almost believable as something that could be real (futuristic WW2 bomber) maybe even something out of Macross... :o

Edited by Veritas

Guys I juat got the Universe devastator 2 packs(RID landfill repaint) from target for 16.99 each and I RECOMMEND IT!~ Very awesome!

As a combiner I thought he would be bigger but he is a decent size. A bit bigger than Beast wars ultra figures when combined. The individual modes are fully articulated and decent and the set has the BEST REPAINT COLORS EVER! The original buildking was way too bright, this one is PERFECT! I like it a lot more than my energon devastator.

And don't let the box pics fool you, the other combinations not pictured are MUCH better! You can gattai this in 3 different ways and multiple weapon configurations. Totally worth it!

*And for those of you with THS-02.......since he is so small maybe this looks like an "in scale" gestalt for him to try to topple!*

Guys I juat got the Universe devastator 2 packs(RID landfill repaint) from target for 16.99 each and I RECOMMEND IT!~ Very awesome!

As a combiner I thought he would be bigger but he is a decent size.  A bit bigger than Beast wars ultra figures when combined.  The individual modes are fully articulated and decent and the set has the BEST REPAINT COLORS EVER!  The original buildking was way too bright, this one is PERFECT! I like it a lot more than my energon devastator.

And don't let the box pics fool you, the other combinations not pictured are MUCH better!  You can gattai this in 3 different ways and multiple weapon configurations.  Totally worth it!

*And for those of you with THS-02.......since he is so small maybe this looks like an "in scale" gestalt for him to try to topple!*

388888[/snapback]

Gotta agree with Shin on this one, the Devastator repaint of Landfill is an excellent pick up. Even though i already have the other two versions of him i just couldn't help picking up the Decepticon version once it was finally released. Def. a great purchase at a great price.

Pic by Mazinkaiser of Tfans:

UniverseDevastator.jpg

Edited by Veritas

Picture052Medium.jpg

Alt. Jazz (BT Meister) and Alt. Grimlock. Two of my favorites. If you haven't gotten these guys yet, what are you waiting for? Don't ask any questions, just do it!

Picture053Medium.jpg

Man i need to dust. <_<

That's about the best pictures i got for now.

Edited by Veritas

Got my THS02 Convoy. Overall very happy with it. But whilst transforming it into truck mode, the longer part of the grill which you're supposed to fold out, wouldn't budge into position!! It was hard but i did it eventually, with stress marks on the middle where the joint is. >_<

The hole probably wasn't big enough to allow movement. But i'm not leaving this in truck mode anyway, though i must confess it does look pretty good when you see it connected to the trailer.

I got my THS-02 earlier this week but didn't have time to open it and play around with it until last night. While it is very small and fiddly, with tiny and intricate moving pieces, it still seems very well constructed. I also have to agree with wolfx in that the cab does look a lot better when connected to the trailer. I've got it in truck mode right now surrounded by a bunch of other Convoys and it looks great.

I love all of the accessories that come with it, and that fact that you can store every single one of them in the trailer (aside from the stand) is really, really brilliant. And the fact that his chest compartment opens up and has a microscopic removable matrix is even more amazing than it was on the first THS Convoy (this one has more moving parts in the matrix chamber). Kawamori did a great job on this toy. It's one of those I just want to keep picking up to fiddle with. My busy hands are happy. :)

Edited by eriku

Argh... I can't find Grimlock or Meister anywhere. :(

388958[/snapback]

Well Meister is being re-released in the next Alt. Wave, but i can't say the same about Grimlock. :(

Edited by Veritas

All of my Galaxy Force/Cybertron Autobots thus far. Marvel at my crappy photography skills, proving that having a good camera doesn't make your pictures better if you don't know how to use it!

388972[/snapback]

Nice Display. :D Overall i'm happy with the Galaxy Force/Cybertron line. Believe me your camera skills are no worse than mine. I've tried to stop being good at and just take the pictures as they come.

Haha, i was trying to look for guys that you're missing and other than repaints (Excellion, Override GTS) it looks like you're still missing Downshift and Longrack. You planning to pick up all the autobots eventually? Still that's an impressive collection... and thank god you took the time to line them up nicely. I cringe everytime i see people displaying their toys in the first stance they can get that allows it to stand without falling over, no matter how bad it actually looks. At which point they leave them in that pose and take a picture of it. <_<

Edited by David Hingtgen

great picture, i love seeing the figures side by side, this is a nice way to see how big they are compared to each other.. would you happen to have a pictures of all the decepticon?

chris :)

I should note that Primus and Unicron are NOT THAT TALL - I placed them on top of CD spindles so they (rightfully) tower over everybody else.

DECEPTICONS... GO!

decepticons4ee.jpg

Nice Display.  :D  Overall i'm happy with the Galaxy Force/Cybertron line.  Believe me your camera skills are no worse than mine.  I've tried to stop being good at and just take the pictures as they come.

Haha, i was trying to look for guys that you're missing and other than repaints (Excellion, Override GTS) it looks like you're still missing Downshift and Longrack.  You planning to pick up all the autobots eventually?  Still that's an impressive collection... and thank god you took the time to line them up nicely. I cringe everytime i see people displaying their toys in the first stance they can get that allows it to stand without falling over, no matter how bad it actually looks.  At which point they leave them in that pose and take a picture of it. <_<

389005[/snapback]

Ironically, this isn't part of a display - after I got Primus yesterday morning, nearly ALL of my Cyb-GF stuff were in boxes (long story) so I had to unpack them, transform them and just stand them. I didn't even think of posing them or anything, I just stood them so they don't look like -as you said- 'just chuck them on the table and take a pic'.

I just set up this Decepticons pic because I was going to do one yesterday (but was too tired from all that Transforming :p).

very cool pictures i see a few there that i will definetly be picking up, by the way how much better is the big starscream over the small one? is there any real difference in the 2 in terms of poseabilty or stuff or is the big one just that, a oversided version of the smaller one?

chris

I should note that Primus and Unicron are NOT THAT TALL - I placed them on top of CD spindles so they (rightfully) tower over everybody else.

DECEPTICONS... GO!

Nice Display.  :D   Overall i'm happy with the Galaxy Force/Cybertron line.  Believe me your camera skills are no worse than mine.  I've tried to stop being good at and just take the pictures as they come.

Haha, i was trying to look for guys that you're missing and other than repaints (Excellion, Override GTS) it looks like you're still missing Downshift and Longrack.  You planning to pick up all the autobots eventually?  Still that's an impressive collection... and thank god you took the time to line them up nicely. I cringe everytime i see people displaying their toys in the first stance they can get that allows it to stand without falling over, no matter how bad it actually looks.  At which point they leave them in that pose and take a picture of it. <_<

389005[/snapback]

Ironically, this isn't part of a display - after I got Primus yesterday morning, nearly ALL of my Cyb-GF stuff were in boxes (long story) so I had to unpack them, transform them and just stand them. I didn't even think of posing them or anything, I just stood them so they don't look like -as you said- 'just chuck them on the table and take a pic'.

I just set up this Decepticons pic because I was going to do one yesterday (but was too tired from all that Transforming :p).

389119[/snapback]

Haha, that must have been a hell of alot of transforming. Even though i find the Cybertron/Galaxy Force transformations to be less complicated than for example the Alternators/Binaltech, i can't even imagine transforming all of the bots in the line in one day. :o

very cool pictures i see a few there that i will definetly be picking up, by the way how much better is the big starscream over the small one? is there any real difference in the 2 in terms of poseabilty or stuff or is the big one just that, a oversided version of the smaller one?

chris

389122[/snapback]

As for the Supreme Starscream Chris, as far as i know he's just a super sized version of the original figure. He comes with a crown of course, but other than that i think he's the same. Maybe FitForNatalie or someone else can clarify more, since i never picked one up, but i did take a long hard look at him while at the TRU when he was released and i didn't see anything too different from the original other than size. Starscream is an excellent figure though so i recommend getting him anyway you can. :D

Edited by David Hingtgen

Supreme Starscream is a heavily reworked version of the smaller one. He has more detail (though far less than he should at that scale), and he transforms slightly differently from the original, smaller version. In fact, come to think of it, many of his parts aren't even the same as the smaller Starscream's - he's essentially a new design. A somewhat lazy redesign, true, but not merely an upsized version.

His chest guns, immobile on the small versions, can rotate upwards to actually fire forward, his gimmick activation slots are now in the tops of his shoulders instead of his back (which are now Cyber Key storage slots), activating indepedantly from each other. His left arm houses a null ray cannon instead of a sword (which was broken off in episode 26).

They should have given him articulated hands, though :(

Hey, so am I! I decided 'Hmm, should I go for a cable connection this year (which is expensive down here), or just continue on using the money I would be using for cable to buy toys and computer crap?

Not a hard decision to make since I don't have much inclination to download :p

Veritas, quit duplicating the pics. There are people with 56K connections here, you know. Besides, image quoting is stupid, as we only need to see the same picture once on the thread.

389157[/snapback]

Alright settle down Areaseven, don't worry i'll stop doing it. If you had something to say you should have said it earlier. It's a new page so even though i duplicated the picture it's the only one on the page. But don't worry i'll stop. Didn't realize i was breaking any rules.

Veritas, quit duplicating the pics. There are people with 56K connections here, you know. Besides, image quoting is stupid, as we only need to see the same picture once on the thread.

389157[/snapback]

Image quoting effects nothing, as the image is already cached on your computer.

Remote linking, which is something you do QUTIE OFTEN, is stealing someone elses bandwidth and making them pay for it, which is much worse.

yeah that's a pet peeve of mine on this board - Awhile back I noticed alot of people here remote linked pics off other servers without any regard for the bandwith of the owner/originator of the picture, beyond 'HEY LOOK AT THIS PIC I FOUND!'

On most of the mainstream TF boards I think people have gotten the message, and tend to upload the pics they find on their own webspace as well as credit where they actually found the picture.

As for my own pic there - I don't mind because quoting the picture meant it is now posted on this page of the thread, instead of being lost on the last post of the previous page ;)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Image quoting effects nothing, as the image is already cached on your computer.

389173[/snapback]

Yes, but 1) do we need to see the same image twice? 2) Is it really necessary to quote such a large image?

Personally, I hate scrolling down through duplicate images just to read a person's reply, especially if it's a one-liner. And I don't want to remind everyone of the Rick Hunter doll incident that happened over a month ago...

Edited by areaseven

Mod notes: removed quoted pics due to popular demand--there should only be 1 example of each now, unless I missed some. Wasn't planning on doing anything but when the last half-dozen posts are still talking about it...

Anyways---we're 1/3 of the way through April now, and no pics yet of MP Starscream. Aren't the April JP toy/hobby mags out yet with the promised photos?

Edited by David Hingtgen

Anyways---we're 1/3 of the way through April now, and no pics yet of MP Starscream.  Aren't the April JP toy/hobby mags out yet with the promised photos?

389197[/snapback]

Well fantofan.jp usually has all the latest TF scans from the monthly Japanese hobby mags and the last ones that came out on March 25th or so didn't seem to have too much in relation to Transformers news, other than a mystery teaser. It looks like we'll have to wait for May's magazines (Dengeki Hobby) to get more info on him. <_<

Edited by Veritas

If you're gonna go for a purple version of that tooling, go for Energon Galvatron. Its big, befitting an Decepticon emperor, and its one of the nicest repaints Hasbro has ever done. Hasbro went into town making the colour scheme as G1-ized as possible.

The Superlink Galvatron G version is strange, piss-yellow instead of orange and basically a series of colour swaps with the original paintscheme. Plus he has pastel blue. Ick. Not even a light blue, but pastel.

It's probably common knowledge and I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't realise Primus was so much shorter than the rest of the big boys. Shouldn't he be at least the size of Unicron?

Wow. I knew Primus was shorter than Unicron and def. shorter than Fort Max, but i had no idea he was shorter than Megalo Convoy and Supreme Starscream, since i don't own those two. That's sad.

Primus is considerably more detailed than any of the others. In fact, he's probably the most detailed Transformer I've ever seen.

Technically, he should only be displayed with Unicron and (for one episode) Starscream if you want vague scale.