Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Anyone else think that Kawamori designed MP-03?  I mean the teaser WAS included with THS-02, which he designed...and not any other tf release....

Besides if there is anyone who can design a variable jet transformer I doubt anyone could do better than the hory froating head himserf!

And if it were in 1/24 scale hory fcuk that would be AWESOME!*I collect 1/18 jets so to me 1/24 is not that big*

387247[/snapback]

I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about what Kawamori-san could do in 1/24 scale. B))

Anyone else think that Kawamori designed MP-03?  I mean the teaser WAS included with THS-02, which he designed...and not any other tf release....

Besides if there is anyone who can design a variable jet transformer I doubt anyone could do better than the hory froating head himserf!

And if it were in 1/24 scale hory fcuk that would be AWESOME!*I collect 1/18 jets so to me 1/24 is not that big*

387247[/snapback]

I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about what Kawamori-san could do in 1/24 scale. B))

387256[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it will be in 1/24 Scale. Considering how large that would be (F-15 Length: 63.75 Feet x 12 (Inch conversion) = 765 / 24 (Scale) = 32 Inches), I don’t see any way Takaratomy could possibly sell him at 99 dollars and still turn a profit, esp. when you consider the amount of die-cast it would take to produce one. It would be amazingly detailed if they could pull it off, but I think at the price point they’re pushing him at, it’ll be a lot closer to the size of what MP Ops and Magnus (12-14 Inches) are.

unless they cut down on the diecast content, people assume because the Prime's had alot of diecast that this one will to. the Masterpiece Brave series from Takara which is currently running and came out after the Masterpiece Transformers and has only about a fraction of the diecast that the Masterpiece prime has, so it can happen. in fact they may make the figure about the same size as the Exkaiser and Prime and have only a little bit of Diecast :( that is how the Exkaiser and Dragon Kizer are, they have alot of accesseries and are slightly smaller then the MP Prime but they still have the same type price tag so you never know the Starscream may be similar the the MP Exkaisers.

Edited by zeo-mare

unless they cut down on the diecast content, people assume because the Prime's had alot of diecast that this one will to.  the Masterpiece Brave series from Takara which is currently running and came out after the Masterpiece Transformers and has only about a fraction of the diecast that the Masterpiece prime has, so it can happen. in fact they may make the figure about the same size as the Exkaiser and Prime and have only a little bit of Diecast :(  that is how the Exkaiser and Dragon Kizer are, they have alot of accesseries and are slightly smaller then the MP Prime but they still have the same type price tag so you never know the Starscream may be similar the the MP Exkaisers.

387282[/snapback]

You bring up a good point Chris, but either way, even if they do cut down on the die-cast though, 32 inches is really pushing the envelope. Just to put into perspective, to date the largest transformer ever made (officially, not bootlegs) is Fortress/Grand/Brave Maximus. His height measures in at just under 22 inches, meaning a 1/24 Scale Starscream would come out to almost a foot taller than that. :o

i am expecting him to be no bigger then the MP prime, which is a good enough size for me. :)

chris

wow the front end of prime looks like it has a complex transformation, which is cool considering it is the size of a Gundam Fix figure.

chris

wow, that's pretty toit! Well I just noticed that this is a new thread, continued from second TF thread. So I don't know if this has been brought up before, but who was able to score the new THS-02? I'm trying to exhaust all my sources in trying to find one for myself, and that's gonna be pretty hard.  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

387033[/snapback]

I got it, it's great but to be honest it's just like a glorified Banpresto in that it seems the joints will get loose in no time and the vehicle mode looks nothing like it should. Add to that the hefty price tag and the really annoying transformation and you have to ask yourself if it is worth the cash.

Here in the Kansai area -- from what I can tell -- they are selling like really cold cakes. Somebody wrote that the WST Hot-Rod comes only with the first 30 purchases at participating ToysRUs shops, but I got one a few days ago, like three weeks after release so that gives you an idea of the (lack of) demand. Could just be the area surrounding the store, though. I picked up a Millia 1/48 for Y7000 there once, so I reckon hardcore fans don't really go there.

The Hot-Rod is cool, though. :D

unless they cut down on the diecast content, people assume because the Prime's had alot of diecast that this one will to.  the Masterpiece Brave series from Takara which is currently running and came out after the Masterpiece Transformers and has only about a fraction of the diecast that the Masterpiece prime has, so it can happen. in fact they may make the figure about the same size as the Exkaiser and Prime and have only a little bit of Diecast :(  that is how the Exkaiser and Dragon Kizer are, they have alot of accesseries and are slightly smaller then the MP Prime but they still have the same type price tag so you never know the Starscream may be similar the the MP Exkaisers.

387282[/snapback]

Thing is, MP ex and dragon kaizer were designed from the outset to combine. A lot of diecast may have worn the joints down to the point of being a gattai ragdoll. And from what I remember, exkaizer was just a bit taller than an alternator in combined mode, maybe with dragon kaizer it is bigger, but its gattai mode alone is barely bigger than an alternator. Not to mention masterpiece braves are seperate from masterpiece transformers. So I do think MP Starscream will probably have a good amount of diecast. Not a ton, but a good amount.

Assuming m03's arms are going to be transformed like the latest improved version, I hope they found a way to hide the big ugly tailfins in robot mode. And what about the nosecone and rear landinggear/feet?

And most importantly... his backside in robot mode compared with the anime appearance.

The only thing wrong with his site is he's been cutting down on what he's been offering on the site as of late.  Maybe it's just a shortage of releases, but he used to have alot more TF related preorders than he does now.

386914[/snapback]

That's because Galaxy Force ended prematurely in Japan, due to poor sales, and Takara slowed down their TF releases leading up to the merger with Tomy.

[

Hey check this out, a friend sent me a link:

http://www.threedy.com/site/forum/showthre...78&page=1&pp=15

Now, if the upcoming movie is in any way subpar to this, Michael Bay and Dom Figueroa or whatever the hell that guy's name is will have a lot of explaining to do.

387019[/snapback]

Wow, that was downright jaw dropping. I remember seeing this CG render when it first started surfacing but i had no idea the guy was actually putting his render into motion. That is some seriously talented work.

As for Don Figueroa i had no idea he had anything to do with the movie? I think Don Figureroa is easily the best TF artist out there right now, but i don't remember reading him designing the TF's in the movie. If this is the case i don't think we'll have anything to worry about when it comes to the designs of the robots... as for the movie itself though, that might be a different story... let's just say i don't have high hopes for it. <_<

387028[/snapback]

Wrong Don. TF movie producer is Don Murphy.

Don Figueroa works with Hasbro designing toys these days along side his comic work, but most likely doesn't have anything to do with the movie.

387247[/snapback]

No way no how.

Ridiculous suggestion. 'Not that big?' You've got to be joking.

The only thing wrong with his site is he's been cutting down on what he's been offering on the site as of late.  Maybe it's just a shortage of releases, but he used to have alot more TF related preorders than he does now.

386914[/snapback]

That's because Galaxy Force ended prematurely in Japan, due to poor sales, and Takara slowed down their TF releases leading up to the merger with Tomy.

[

Hey check this out, a friend sent me a link:

http://www.threedy.com/site/forum/showthre...78&page=1&pp=15

Now, if the upcoming movie is in any way subpar to this, Michael Bay and Dom Figueroa or whatever the hell that guy's name is will have a lot of explaining to do.

387019[/snapback]

Wow, that was downright jaw dropping. I remember seeing this CG render when it first started surfacing but i had no idea the guy was actually putting his render into motion. That is some seriously talented work.

As for Don Figueroa i had no idea he had anything to do with the movie? I think Don Figureroa is easily the best TF artist out there right now, but i don't remember reading him designing the TF's in the movie. If this is the case i don't think we'll have anything to worry about when it comes to the designs of the robots... as for the movie itself though, that might be a different story... let's just say i don't have high hopes for it. <_<

387028[/snapback]

Wrong Don. TF movie producer is Don Murphy.

Don Figueroa works with Hasbro designing toys these days along side his comic work, but most likely doesn't have anything to do with the movie.

387247[/snapback]

No way no how.

Ridiculous suggestion. 'Not that big?' You've got to be joking.

387483[/snapback]

No I am NOT joking. I got a BBI 1/18 scale F/A-18. You seriously think an F-15 in 1/24 scale would be big to me? Not really. You gotta remember, your talking to a guy who wishes for a 1/18 scale F-14 at some point.

I'm going to say No Way, No How to MP03 is going to be 1/24 scale. (32inches)

1) $100USD(BBTS) price point. Brave Max was what $200-300(?) when it came out and that was just a recolor of Fortress Maximus. This is a new product.

2) MP seems to be about anime-accurate robot mode. How is a Starscream taller then Prime anime accurate?

3) TF fans are notoriously cheap simply because they have a ton of variants and figures to collect. Most didn't touch MP Prime until he was on the $50 sales rack. Takaratomy is not going to spend that amount of R&D for something that big if they can't recoup their losses.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Starscream will be 1/24 scale.

387532[/snapback]

Heh yep, just me wishing it would be. Although to be honest, even if the size might not be anime accurate, I wouldn't mind it being just as big as MP prime. Starscream rules!

Heres to hoping they make a masterpiece God Ginrai at some point. OR THS version.

since the THS series seems to be focusing on prime you never know maybe you will see that one next or even a rodimus prime,

chris

Well it finally got here. and i can say i am pretty impressed with him. i looked through the paperwork and they do not show anything new for the MP-03 Starscream so i did not bother to scan or take a picture of the paper, it is only one sided the other side of it is blank white, i also see no mention of Shoji's name on it so i do not know if he is playing a part in its design. here are the boxes for the two THS Transformers. as you can see the box for the new Convoy is much bigger and thicker.

primebox.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

close up of figure, of all the Convoy Primes i have had i really like this one the most it is very poseable to and the details are great.

prime2.jpg

here is the Galaxy Convoy and original Convoy side by side. i actually like the Galaxy Convoy figure better after holding them and playing around with the two, he is bigger heavier, more details and the transformation is much more worthwhile. but do not get me wrong this new Convoy is awesome to :)

prime3.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

vehicle mode, there is sadly no comparison in the two. the Galaxy Convoy is far superior and transforms much smoother. the front cabs on the Convoy i cannot get the arms to lock into place :( the trailer however is awesome as is Roller. but it does not matter because he will be kept in bot mode anyhow the entire time.

primevehicle.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

action pose, you can do much more with him and probably a better kneeling pose i just took this pic quick

primekneeling.jpg

here is a size comparison. even though he is small he feels bigger when you hold him mainly due to the diecast in his chest and legs. the Gundam Fix Blue Destiny is in the background and the HCM-Pro MK II Titan is along side him. he is awesome for a small figure it is however sad about his transformation, the vehicle mode is horrible and a floppy mess. but thankfully the bot mode is awesome. he is not worth what most ebayers are selling it though you should pay no more then $60.00 to $70.00 for it which is about what i paid for mine , for that price i am quite happy and he will look great on my shelf with the rest of my collection. :)

primesize.jpg

Nice Pix! :D

I really hope Collector Maniacs (Local Import Store) gets their two cases soon, otherwise i'm going to have to bite the bullet and check out ebay. <_<

As for the THS-01, i never could find myself plopping down the money for a smaller version of a figure i already had. GF convoy is a great toy and although i know the THS version is more detailed and much more poseable, i really didn't see why i'd need another no matter how nice he was. Still if you didn't have the original i wholeheartedly agree that you should take the extra effort to find a THS-01 Convoy over his Bigger Brothers... esp. the Cyberton Release. :ph34r:

Edited by Veritas

i am planning on getting the bigger Galaxy Convoy as well i really like the design and think it is one of the better they have come up with over the years. i will definetly grab up the import version. but i still highly recomened the THS-01 version as well it is a very cool figure.

chris

Thanks for the pics and comments zeo, now I can appreciate how tiny Prime is.

Looks like I wont be disappointed with my THS-02. Thanks to F360º $3.47 discount code and finding one of the few sellers that had a "reasonable" price I got it for about $66 on ebay so I don't feel so much wallet raped.