1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 2

i HATE you and your pristine collection of vintage valks (& mospeadas too)!!! but that's just my jealousy acting up. great pics of a great vintage piece.

Deckard's pics are like those of a professional toy photographer. all we need is a great camera with good lighting and a dedication to cleaning up your photos. btw, the Super Stealth battroid pics look a little grainy. ^^

Yep, you need photoshop. It very easy to use. When I'm doing batches of photos I just run Auto Levels and Auto Contrast which works great for most photos. The initial photo shot is the most important however, it has to be close and the lighting is the most important part of the intial photo. I'm still trying to get perfect, the bulbs I use for my lighting are not right.

Thanks for the compliment. :D Those are Takatoys stickers.

And to get rid of the tail skulls, I used ELO. Easy Lift Off. It's a decal and paint remover that's not as harsh as paint thinner.

It was sort of weird though. Some of the grey came off on the first fin I did because the skull was being stubborn. But I had a grey I mixed for something else that was almost identical. It's barely noticable.

The other fin, not a smidgen of grey was removed and the skull came off a lot easier.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Wow, great pics everybody! Penachoy, that's a very solid collection you have going there. Detolfs display cases are great but they really are tight on space aren't they??? I tried to do a bad guy cube like you have and there just wasn't enough space :(

• 2 weeks later...

yep. i forget at the moment who i bought that from but it came with a custom pilot.

I thought i'd have it recasted at some point but i've never gotten that done.

I don't know what it is about this particular 1/60 variant, but I keep coming back to it. I've bought and sold this 3 times in the last 5-6 years. I mean, it's not as stunning as the 1/48 version in fighter mode, but it looks pretty good. That must be one of it's redeeming qualities, but of course, I've always been a sucker for a YAMATO valk in it's fighter mode. That must be it then! Just wanted to share :D !

post-1442-1160531129_thumb.jpg

post-1442-1160531194_thumb.jpg

post-1442-1160531457_thumb.jpg

Edited by connor99