I Like The Kites

You guys know whats just amazing... I give my priceless advice around here, I mean my opinion is worth an almost infinite amount of money, and yet MW still doesn't pay me. Its just outrageous.

The important thing to take away from MW today is that I am awesome. Thank you.

A1???  Gone a little off of the pessimistic deep end, havne't we?  ...

385363[/snapback]

No, it iritates Agent ONE when he is so awesome and the site he hangs out on is so half-assed.

I did different versions of the kite, with the black lines and the embossing but it just got too drowned out at that size.

The funny thing is I posted these a while back and no one said anything(at another board), now that they're up A1 decides they're not good enough. There's nothing like beating down effort when it doesn't cost them anything. I mean if you bitch enough times then you have to be right a couple of those times. And A1 bitches a lot, but never put forth anything at anytime.

I did different versions of the kite, with the black lines and the embossing but it just got too drowned out at that size.

The funny thing is I posted these a while back and no one said anything(at another board), now that they're up A1 decides they're not good enough.  There's nothing like beating down effort when it doesn't cost them anything.  I mean if you bitch enough times then you have to be right a couple of those times.  And A1 bitches a lot, but never put forth anything at anytime.

385372[/snapback]

I know, its almost like he is a liberal. What an a-hole.

*snip*

385372[/snapback]

So, it was you that did these new icons then? Good job. I think they look great.

Yeah its a fine job. I asked people for some logos a few months back and Exo provided some. As I said at the time I was running out of time to really work on the boards and had to stop for a while. My professional work is currently not that busy and saw I could spend a few hours a month working on the boards appearance again. Sure I had time last month and the month before but really I only thought of me and went out on the town or went to friends houses. I should have just stayed home and work hard too impress people who don't pay a dime.

Knick pick what you want. My offical job description here is moderator the not person in charge of the boards appearance. Thats someone else job. Until that person does the work themselves or hire a professional group to do it, enjoy a few small touches do with donated graphics.

There are a few more pics like this. In the process of picking which ones to use. I decided last night to test a couple.

I like them. :)

You guys know whats just amazing... I give my priceless advice around here, I mean my opinion is worth an almost infinite amount of money, and yet MW still doesn't pay me. Its just outrageous.

Here's some lead, turn it into gold. :rolleyes:

I like them. :)

Here's some lead, turn it into gold. :rolleyes:

385463[/snapback]

The lead is in Graham's ass, and the gold is in my avatar. I wish I could do something about the lead, but amazingly enough, my powers have limits.

This is not the reply I originally planned to type in response to A1's comments, but I'm trying my best to stay calm and mellow.

I'd just like to point out that since February 1 2006 when I started updating the site again, I have done site updates on 31 days throughout the months of February and March (check the updates section). That is no small amount of work and a significant use of my time, which I could have used for doing other more enjoyable things.

If somebody wants to pay me equal or more than my present salary, then I'll quit my day job and make Macrossworld my career and work on the site from 9-5 Mon-Fri. Otherwise, I'm doing the best I can with my limited time, resources and skills to get the site updated step by step.

If Shawn were to assign more admins to update the site, it would certainly help, but he hasn't and I don't want to go over his head and give other people access to the server without his permission. I've done what I can to let Shawn know that we need more admins and there are people willing to take the post. As to why he hasn't contacted them yet, I don't know.

Graham

Guest Bromgrev

Most of the sites I frequent see considerably less upkeep than MW. Now that the model sections have been dusted off again, I have no complaints. As for updating the look, that's all fine and dandy, but it's secondary to content.

I don't know, maybe I have lower standards or something. ;)

Amazingly enough Gundamhead, Tool was the only word that came to mind for me too.....

The lead is in Graham's ass, and the gold is in my avatar. I wish I could do something about the lead, but amazingly enough, my powers have limits.

But apparently your mouth doesn't.

But apparently your mouth doesn't.

385699[/snapback]

My body can cash ALL the checks my mouth writes.

This is not the reply I originally planned to type in response to A1's comments, but  I'm trying my best to stay calm and mellow.

I'd just like to point out that since February 1 2006 when I started updating the site again, I have done site updates on 31 days throughout the months of February and March (check the updates section). That is no small amount of work and a significant use of my time, which I could have used for doing other more enjoyable things.

If somebody wants to pay me equal or more than my present salary, then I'll quit my day job and make Macrossworld my career and work on the site from 9-5 Mon-Fri. Otherwise, I'm doing the best I can with my limited time, resources and skills to get the site updated step by step.

If Shawn were to assign more admins to update the site, it would certainly help, but he hasn't and I don't want to go over his head and give other people access to the server without his permission. I've done what I can to let Shawn know that we need thmore admins and there are people willing to take the post. As to why he hasn't contacted them yet, I don't know.

Graham

385605[/snapback]

You could have had Hurin do this to MW:

http://www.macrossnexus.com/

But that would require sharing.

By the way, Hurin works for free too. He just cares about the community enough to not insult them with an outdated and all but abandonded site.

I must admit, I don't see why we need macrossnexus. Not to knock Hurin's obvious effort and commitment, but why split the community and just give A1 a place to vent his rediculously huge ego (whcih really has grown to itolerable proportions recently.) I used to respect A1 and talked to him alot, but now, he seems more like one of the whiny girly men he knocks all the time than anything else. Graham is obviosuly making a serious effort now, and to continue knocking it anyways is just childish, so A1, why don't you just go play wtih yourself on macrossnexus and leave us respectful MWers the hell alone.

I must admit, I don't see why we need macrossnexus.  Not to knock Hurin's obvious effort and commitment, but why split the community and just give A1 a place to vent his rediculously huge ego (whcih really has grown to itolerable proportions recently.)  I used to respect A1 and talked to him alot, but now, he seems more like one of the whiny girly men he knocks all the time than anything else.  Graham is obviosuly making a serious effort now, and to continue knocking it anyways is just childish, so A1, why don't you just go play wtih yourself on macrossnexus and leave us respectful MWers the hell alone.

385763[/snapback]

HAHA, I guess when I am gone for a month then show up and set fires it does seem slightly hostile... I still love MW, I just get pissed when I spend so much time on a place that I am not sure will even exist tomorow. This isn't something new, it has iritated me for a while. 'Whining like a girly man' is what democrats, gays, homeless, and macross7 fans do... This means just bitching with no proposed solution and making all priorities selfish. This isn't what I am doing. I have a plan, my plan is to post on more than one Macross board, I am just not going to be quiet about it.

HAHA, I guess when I am gone for a month then show up and set fires it does seem slightly hostile... I still love MW, I just get pissed when I spend so much time on a place that I am not sure will even exist tomorow.  This isn't something new, it has iritated me for a while.  'Whining like a girly man' is what democrats, gays, homeless, and macross7 fans do... This means just bitching with no proposed solution and making all priorities selfish.  This isn't what I am doing.  I have a plan, my plan is to post on more than one Macross board, I am just not going to be quiet about it.

385768[/snapback]

I feel bad for Hurin and Mechamaniac, while it does seem like a valiant effort that I wanted to support, it seems more it's being set up as MacrossNexus: Where we can be a-holes. Really, it seems like the whole success of Macross Nexus crutches on stealing MW's members away, instead of people making that choice for themselves. It's a neat looking site but they are nowhere near MW as far as content, membership, regular attendance... and updates... yes updates. Articles on the main page arent' exactly flowing. All this stuff is forgivable for a young site, but to trump it as something better then I think you're tooting their horn a little to early, much to their embarassment.

The only thing I'm getting right now is that the Macross Nexus forums is where a-holes go to post.

So what, is macrossnexus some kind attempt to undermine MW? I find it hard to believe that you'll ever get everyone from MW over to macrossnexus...

Macross World is anything but impressive and has been sub standard for years now. Lack of updates, unreachable admins, and most recently sissies as moderators. Don't waste your time on a place where the owners don't even bother to notice when the server goes down. Come with me and join the BETTER board:

You make it sound like MW is a ghost forum with no activity. There's a percectly thriving community here, and while it might not have the best maintenance, it's nowhere near abandoned. Maybe if you just shut the hell up for a second and read something, you can see that alot of people are working as hard as they can to get it up to your supposed 'golden standard.' What I don't get is why the hell it matters anyway... you're here to discuss Macross and its related merchandise, series, and develpments. Alot of people don't need a fluffy graphically appealing forum to have a decent discussion about something the enjoy. You seem to be obsessed wtih all flash and glitter and no substance. It's not like anyone's seen you post on hardly any real Macross threads anyways.... you just knock on everyone who tries to enjoy themselves and pass your all mighty judgement on us thriving masses. Once again, maybe if you just shut and go the f*ck away.

I'll accept that offer as well. If you're someone that can use the internet to read up on boobs, comics and toys while on the clock good for you. Some of us actually have to work all the time on our jobs. Out of the free time we have left MW gets not all just a part of it. If A1 wants to take the role of Graham's wife (and all the services she does for him) then I'm sure he'll be able to devote more time with you.

Graham is obviosuly making a serious effort now, and to continue knocking it anyways is just childish.

Yes it is pretty childish and A1 your doing a bad job promoting the that forum. Instead of noticing any good things it has to offer their are going to start associating you with it. :p

Guys, let's please avoid another fight here and also please leave Macross Nexus out of this for now. You can't judge one forum or site based on the opinions and statements of only one person. Let's get back on the topic of Macross World and it's kites.

Agreed and speaking of which I posted a few more.