I'm also glad they're not trying to cram this into the OYW either. Unless it's a silly universal century schoolgirl drama with only brief references to Gundam that takes place in some distant colony not touched by the war, then not interested XD.

I guess going back to the roots (UC) is fitting for a 30th anniversary gig, so no complaints from me there.

I'll wait for more info before I comment...

And why is that Acguy in the fetal position?

Haven't you been reading Gundam Ace? The Acguy, man, he don't get no respect... :lol:

Feels like a 0083 design. Its about time for another real UC show. I hope they can avoid the sickness of non UC gundam and avoid the angst and the screaming and the emo and the weeping.

Uhhh dude....even UC shows have screaming, emo and weeping. Its not a Gundam show without the teenage angst.

Uh, Igloo?

Those designs wolfx posted look terrible, and about 15 years old. Hopefully they're not involved with this new production, if it even is a new production.

The designs look pretty much like those from Advance of Zeta...and I for one am not a fan of the AoZ designs.

Those are the old Kunio Okawara designs, aren't they? I don't have my '98 MS Encyclopedia handy, but but I recall his designs for the RX-78 Units 4 through 7 or 8, and the top right-hand picture is the spittin' image.

I wouldn't be surprised, they definitely look old. I'd bet MAHQ has them somewhere, but good luck finding them (MAHQ really needs some kind of search function).

I wouldn't be surprised, they definitely look old. I'd bet MAHQ has them somewhere, but good luck finding them (MAHQ really needs some kind of search function).

Yeah it is the old one...

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~tkroom/animation/g.../ms/act01-4.htm

I've never seen the fullarmor pics, though. Those are pretty cool.

But still, I doubt they're going to use a 28-year-old design in a brand-new show.

EDIT: I'm not saying they won't use the Unit 7, but I'm sure they'll redesign it, just like they did with the Units4 and 5 (for a comic) and Unit 6 (for a game).

Edited by Gubaba

• 1 month later...

From the same website:

Read the comments of the original news story. It's a hoax.

But of course I didnt read it so I'm waiting for someone to kindly clarify :)

In the meanwhile - can some one tell me what "shoo!" means? They shout it every time there's a commercial in the original MSG and I find it very camp and 70s and generally terrific, but I wonder if it has any meaning?

Pete

From the same website:

Read the comments of the original news story. It's a hoax.

Meh. So I got excited.

It's too bad, though.

A one-off movie would be better than a re-hash movie from a recently ended series.....

Good to hear we are getting an animated version of Gundam Unicorn. I'll actually get to find out the back-story of that MG kit I bought. ^_^

Now hopefully the movie will have a proper beginning, middle and end as well as decent pacing.

Or in Gundam terms: DON'T DO IT LIKE F91!!!!

Edited by lechuck

I agree. This is great news. Gundam Unicorn is one of my favorite models. Also, I read somewhere that in the beginning, Tomino envisioned Gundam as being all white, and RX782 was supposed to be all white, but Bandai told them to give it some colors for the kiddies. So, in a sense, I always considered Unicorn Gundam to be kind of "the real" Gundam...

Anyways - yeah - even though my knowledge of this genre is weak - I'm happy.

Pete

I agree. This is great news. Gundam Unicorn is one of my favorite models. Also, I read somewhere that in the beginning, Tomino envisioned Gundam as being all white, and RX782 was supposed to be all white, but Bandai told them to give it some colors for the kiddies. So, in a sense, I always considered Unicorn Gundam to be kind of "the real" Gundam...

Anyways - yeah - even though my knowledge of this genre is weak - I'm happy.

Pete

I always liked the G3 or rollout colors or whatever, they were kind of a US Navy uniform gray.

This is awesome news. I haven't read Unicorn, due to not being able to read Japanese at all, but I've heard it rocks. Plus the designs are cool as crap. SIEG ZEON!

Here's hoping it's popular enough to warrent Crossbone & Hathaway's Flash movies. [...]

And a full, 52 eps series, F-91

I forget, is Gaia Gear supposed to be U.C.?

According to Simmons' Official Guide, this story happens one century after Char's Counterattack and is presented as a "story of the Third Universal Century", whatever it means...

Here's hoping it's popular enough to warrent Crossbone & Hathaway's Flash movies. I forget, is Gaia Gear supposed to be U.C.?

If I recall correctly, it was set in the Universal Century, but was ultimately declared non-canon. Like an AU UC, if that makes any sense.

Tomino's novels have always been a bit different than the animes, so I sort of think of Gaia Gear as a sequel to his novels, but not the animes.

Here's hoping it's popular enough to warrent Crossbone & Hathaway's Flash movies. I forget, is Gaia Gear supposed to be U.C.?

I have an old Newtype issue (Char's Counterattack period) that talks about Hathaway's Flash, and how they won't make a movie of it because there isn't enough action it. Unfortunately.

I'd love to see a Gaia Gear movie, though...I've been meaning to track down the novels for some time now.

• 2 weeks later...