On 9/21/2018 at 2:47 PM, kajnrig said:

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/21/netflix-adds-mobile-suit-gundam-uc/

Dunno if the article says, but I just checked Netflix and it's the OVA version.

Just came across it and started on the first episode. This is actually my first Gundam (somehow I never got around to it... maybe it's the sheer amount of it out there that always put it on the backburner) but I'm enjoying it so far.

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Isn't this very old news? It's certainly been available here on Netflix HK for at least half a year (if not longer) already.

What the other two said. Darn shame, too, because I'd love to rewatch me some 08th MS Team. Or at least skip through some of the others like 0083 'til we get to the eye candy.

Just now, kajnrig said:

What the other two said. Darn shame, too, because I'd love to rewatch me some 08th MS Team. Or at least skip through some of the others like 0083 'til we get to the eye candy.

Hulu Plus has 08th MS Team.

As far as which streaming services have which Gundam shows presently (US):

Netflix

• Mobile Suit Gundam UC (OVA Ver.)

Hulu Plus

• New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: the Origin
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (OVA Ver.)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (Remastered Edition)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: the 08th MS Team

Crunchyroll

• Mobile Fighter G Gundam
  • New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
  • New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (Remaster)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  • Gundam Build Fighters
  • Gundam Build Divers

10 minutes ago, seanami said:

Youtube has a bunch as well I think

From what I can find on the official channel, it's just Build Fighters00Wing, and Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Google Play has only Iron-Blooded Orphans, Unicorn RE:0096, and 00.

(For some reason, Fafner in the Azure shows up as a Gundam show on Play?)

9 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

From what I can find on the official channel, it's just Build Fighters00Wing, and Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Google Play has only Iron-Blooded Orphans, Unicorn RE:0096, and 00.

(For some reason, Fafner in the Azure shows up as a Gundam show on Play?)

Yeah Gundam Info can be a little hard to see what is actually available since they rotate shows. They also have Build Fighters Try, Zeta, RE:0096 and SEED HD Remaster.

Finished watching Build Divers the other day and I think I liked it more than Try but less than Build Fighters. Build Divers was a bit strange overall, it was more focused on building the MMO world instead of the characters almost like Bandai was trying to sell people on an MMO that they haven't made yet. It was still a fun time though with some interesting characters, mech designs and lots of callbacks to previous shows. Dunno if it's a show I would really recommend to watch unless you have already seen Build Fighters and want something similar but also a bit different. 

Spoiler

Also I'm still not sure why they believed purging Sarah from GBN was the only way to fix the problem. Someone could have leaked the story to the press and I'm sure a ton of outside help could have been found to support the first sentient AI but I guess they had to have some sort of conflict for the finale.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Mommar said:

I tried watching Thunderbolt there and could not stand it.  The choice of music is supposed to be clever or unique or something.  It’s stupid and that imo.

*gasp!* a SQUARE :lol: lol jk

Was it the Free-Jazz, or the Zeon pop-radio that got to you?

Just now, Mommar said:

Free-Jazz is not the word I would use...

LOL!

fair enough, it's quite the acquired taste... 

• 4 weeks later...

Gundam 40th Anniversary Celebration.

ogp_700.jpg.58d43569863111564b285799c8d9c067.jpg

1979年のTVシリーズ放送開始から来年2019年で、40周年を迎える『機動戦士ガンダム』。この40周年を記念したプロジェクトの発表会を、11月21日(水)13:00より開催いたします。

発表会の模様は、プロジェクト公式サイトと公式ガンダム情報ポータルサイト「GUNDAM.INFO」にてライブ配信いたします。
ぜひご覧ください。

Gundam 40th Project Site:
http://gundam40th.net/

Gundam Portal Site:
https://www.gundam.info/

"Mobile Suit Gundam" celebrating the 40th anniversary in 2019 from the start of TV series broadcasting in 1979. We will hold a project presentation commemorating this 40th anniversary from 13:00 on Wednesday, November 21.

The schedule of the presentation will be live on the official project site and the official Gundam information portal site "GUNDAM.INFO".

A lot was announced for the the 40th anniversary. It looks like Hathaways Flash is 100% confirmed to be getting 3 movies and they are turning The Origin movies into a small series like they did with Unicorn. There are four crossovers events being worked on and a new build fighters/divers sequel is in the works. The G-Reco compilation movie will be released in 2019 (I thought it was already out and done :lol:) and some more SD kits are getting released. 

I'm looking forward to how the crossovers are going to work, will they be animated or radio dramas? More at gundam.info

40th_KV_red.jpg

... can't muster much enthusiasm for a Reconguista in G compilation movie or a RE:0096-style reworking of Origin since it's old material, but an animated version of Hathaway's Flash is well and truly worth getting excited about.

3 hours ago, dizman said:

A lot was announced for the the 40th anniversary. It looks like Hathaways Flash is 100% confirmed to be getting 3 movies and they are turning The Origin movies into a small series like they did with Unicorn. There are four crossovers events being worked on and a new build fighters/divers sequel is in the works. The G-Reco compilation movie will be released in 2019 (I thought it was already out and done :lol:) and some more SD kits are getting released. 

I'm looking forward to how the crossovers are going to work, will they be animated or radio dramas? More at gundam.info

40th_KV_red.jpg

Wing Gundam has my attention.

Guys, what do you think of the Build Divers ending? I watched up until ep 11 and lost interest. However I liked some of the mecha designs (just bought the HG Grimoire Red Beret and Momokapool). Is it worth continuing watching just for the new mecha?

54 minutes ago, hachi said:

Is it worth continuing watching just for the new mecha?

Nothing is worth watching just for the mecha.  <_<

Mechanical designs are best appreciated through model sheets, production artwork, toys and model kits.  Anime is best appreciated though story, music, and animation quality.

A great series with boring mecha is far better than a boring series with great mecha.  ;)

Bah, on Wing Gundam, or "Turkey Gundam" as I call it. Zero interest in angsty teenage boys in hot pants and fugly MS with feathered wings :P

Wake me up when they finally announce a Gundam Sentinel OVA.

Until then, stay off my lawn ya damn kids!.......LOL

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Nothing is worth watching just for the mecha.  <_<

Mechanical designs are best appreciated through model sheets, production artwork, toys and model kits.  Anime is best appreciated though story, music, and animation quality.

A great series with boring mecha is far better than a boring series with great mecha.  ;)

Haha ok. My only real problem with the show is the MC--he bores me. The rest of the characters are ok, and actually find them more interesting. Kids probably won't get bored with this show, on the other hand my patience gets tested. Anyway, I guess I'll just explore other anime this season.

21 hours ago, eXis10z said:

At the rate they are going there will be a new gundam series/ova for every UC year.

Excellent:yahoo: