Very solid first episode and I enjoyed the characters, particulalrly Biscuit and Orga. The exposition bits with McGillis and Gaelion were a bit clunky but most everything else was done pretty well.

Like many, I liked how we're starting off with the Mobile Workers and that these Gjallarhorn MS are very threatening and of course it was great to see Barbatos in motion and that Gjallarhorn guy get so totally owned.

All in all, unlike the first episode of the previous show I found this to be very organic, dynamic and engaging. My faith is strengthened and my body is ready for more. COME AT ME, GUNDAM!!

On the topic of Gundam BD's; since my Victory BD Box II came in today:

F1SIsSM.jpg

Individual shelf close-ups

UKXJ3WC.jpg

53We3zI.jpg

AzSgLfb.jpg

I'm sure you can guess that I'm a UC loving Gundam fan :p

Do have 0083:Stardust Memory & Origin II on pre-order at AmzJP; left with 0080: War in the Pocket whenever it gets a re-master :(

Don't crucify me on the SEED/DESTINY BD sets.

Have a soft spot for it despite its glaring problems (more so than Wing, which I never plan on re-visiting.)

They came with english subtitles and I was able to find them for less than half of retail price.

So I figured why not grab em instead of waiting on an NA release with no guarantee of collector-like packaging and PQ/SQ.

Why'd you put CCA before ZZ?

How is the blu ray transfer? Also the old shitty dub is the best!

Looks great. Someone on Mania.com mentioned seeing compression artifacts, but I think they're being paranoid.

If you can't bear 480p upscaling, try Crunchyroll. For that matter, if for some stupid reason Daisuki's stream won't load in your browser due to extension incompatibility issues, try Crunchyroll's free mirror of Daisuki's 480p stream. Or, if you have the aptitude, do some IP tunneling to bypass YouTube's region-locking and watch it there. It's even in HD, probably.

And if you really want to support the show, buy the model kits because it's a 25 or 50 episode toy commercial (depending on how successful the initial run is) and that's much more profitable than website ad revenue. For that matter, TV syndication deals probably would be too. But lackluster ratings for 00 were caused by Americans not caring about Gundam, not the poorly-marketed lame dub aired in a bad ratings block on a cable TV channel that's been floundering for over a decade, so I guess we can forget about that possibility.

Excuse my cynicism, I work the night shift.