Hmm. I still say the mechanical designs look like Gundam 00. I'll definitely watch it; I don't imagine it could be worse than G-Reco.

As for the mobile suits... is Krays the official romanization? Reads more like Graze. Anyway, it's kind of simple, maybe a tad boring. As for Barbatos, I don't hate it (I actually really dig the head), but that waist is a glaring weak point.

The mechanical designer (Kanetake Ebikawa) for this series is same as 00

I find the "IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS" tag line hilarious.

Due to the nature of hemoglobin, most people are iron blooded :D ... they might as well have just called the show Gundam: "Regular Guys" or Gundam: "Friends".

P.S. Another vote for the awesomeness of the grunt suits.

Interesting choice for the director & writer pairing though, both whom are known more for romance and SoL series :p

I guess Sunrise and bandai is experimenting again. imo, I checked the previous work of the director and while I say most of them are SoL anime, those few shows that I watched is good.

They said that the Gundam will grow and evolve with the pilot. So maybe the armor will fill out as it evolves, as crazy as that sounds?

It'd have to. I mean, there's a lot I do dig about the design, like the head and feet, but the waist joint is all kinds of awful, and to a lesser degree, so are the shoulder joints.

The mechanical designer (Kanetake Ebikawa) for this series is same as 00

Thought so. I suggested as much back when all you could really see was the round shoulders and the skirt armor.

I find the "IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS" tag line hilarious.

Due to the nature of hemoglobin, most people are iron blooded :D ... they might as well have just called the show Gundam: "Regular Guys" or Gundam: "Friends".

I would watch the crap out of Gundam: Friends! Instead of all the usual Gundam angst between mobile suit battles, the show could be about how the six main characters just hang out and have wacky times between mobile suit battles.

We finally get to Mars in Gundam, and this is how we do it? Sheesh. Pass.

We'll always have the F90 manga. And :ph34r: Gundam AGE :ph34r:... But like I said, it can't really be worse than G-Reco... can it?

I'm curious about the timeline. Probably another self-contained AU series, but 300 years after a generic cataclysm could fit it before CE or between UC and RC.

And the interesting thing about it are upgradable parts. It looks like that 1:100 is a MG and yet we never saw anything saying IT IS a master grade. This could be a unique exo frame for parts swapping to make the barbatos cooler looking and add a neat flare to those who wanna make their own style.

I'm interested but I'm iffy on the series in general cause there's not much to know. But I'm ok with the MS designs.

And the interesting thing about it are upgradable parts. It looks like that 1:100 is a MG and yet we never saw anything saying IT IS a master grade. This could be a unique exo frame for parts swapping to make the barbatos cooler looking and add a neat flare to those who wanna make their own style.

I'm interested but I'm iffy on the series in general cause there's not much to know. But I'm ok with the MS designs.

Looks like a Frame-arms concept to me. That must be the reason why they never call the 1/100 model as MG even though it has a complete inner frame. The upgrade parts also sound like the Frame-Arms, standard inner frame, different armor upgrades.

Wow, I'm getting some serious Five Star Stories vibes from that thin/exposed torso, the open-back legs and those very pronounced heels on the feet. The overall feel of that "Glaze" has a style of an FFS mortar headd channeled through a mobile suit factory :)

We'll always have the F90 manga. And :ph34r: Gundam AGE :ph34r:... But like I said, it can't really be worse than G-Reco... can it?

When AGE was in production, we said it couldn't be worse than 00. When G-Reco was in production we said it couldn't be worse than AGE. Suffice it to say I'm not holding my breath.

When AGE was in production, we said it couldn't be worse than 00. When G-Reco was in production we said it couldn't be worse than AGE. Suffice it to say I'm not holding my breath.

Good point. I barely sat through AGE while I couldn't even do 1 episode of G-Reco. But then again, I barely have enough time to watch what's on TV these days.

00 isn't up to the level of a lot of pre-SEED Gundam, but I didn't think it was that bad. And I actually liked the first two arcs of AGE; it's a shame the third arc was so bad.

But G-Reco... G-Reco's the first Gundam to really give SEED a run for its money.

00 isn't up to the level of a lot of pre-SEED Gundam, but I didn't think it was that bad. And I actually liked the first two arcs of AGE; it's a shame the third arc was so bad.

But G-Reco... G-Reco's the first Gundam to really give SEED a run for its money.

Because Destiny and G Gundam didn't happen right?

Because Destiny and G Gundam didn't happen right?

G Gundam was awesome. Just under the ridiculous Gundams and their totally implausible space colonies was a solid story and cast.

And Destiny wasn't pre-SEED, Destiny is part of SEED.

G Gundam was awesome. Just under the ridiculous Gundams and their totally implausible space colonies was a solid story and cast.

And Destiny wasn't pre-SEED, Destiny is part of SEED.

I watched G Gundam again last year. Man, let me tell you, nostalgia is a bitch. It wasn't as good as I remembered.

I watched Gundam Seed again last week. Man, let me tell you, nostalgia is a bitch. It wasn't as bad as I remembered.

I watched G Gundam again last year, it was great! I do tend to enjoy fun super robot shows though so maybe I'm biased.

The Gundam Barbatos has an interesting design, I like that they will be taking parts off of fallen MS to slap onto it like an armored core mech. Story sounds interesting but I'll hold off judgement till I see a few epsiodes.

The Gundam Barbatos has an interesting design, I like that they will be taking parts off of fallen MS to slap onto it like an armored core mech.

See, the feeling I got from all this was immediately Armored Core, though I couldn't place exactly why. Might be the high heels on some of the MS they've shown off so far. I'm not a fan of that design style. I need a bit more Katoki in my life.

In other news: 0083 Stardust Memory is finally getting a blu-ray release in Japan.

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/item/BCXA-1034/

One of the bestest mecha pr0n.

Kawamori's Gundam-Zaku GP-02 had the hugest lower-legs/feet of all the gundams ever designed and shown, iirc.

Too bad the story and characters weren't very good at all.

Except for Cima, of course. She was totally badass.

Bandai really should release the MG or even an RS of her Gelgoog Marine...

What took you so long, I've had mine for a few weeks :p . They are pretty good quality, I like how each disk has its own artwork.

I'm in the UK, they have to pass Her Royal Majs' Customs & Excise first. :)

Regards Gundam 0083, I think it may have been the first UC anime I ever saw. Awesome design and visuals (and music), but yeah, characters were not exactly... look, the opposing leads main traits are "Fear of carrots" and "Keeps going on and on about The Battle of Solomon, even though he wasn't actually there"... :lol: