LOL, in my search for an alternative way to watch Zeta, I came across a dub that's literally one guy doing different voices. I didn't stick with that long enough to see what he did with Fa or Emma.

What even is Build Fighters? Is it worth watching?

Build Fighters is a show about building gunpla and using a semi magic technology to fight with other peoples gunpla. As with any Gundam show the main focus is getting you to buy gunpla and BF has probably been the most successful in that regard. It's a smart way to market all Gundam series since you can have cool fights between MS from all series in one show. 

That aside it's still a great series with fun characters, great fights and has a lot of love for everything Gundam related crammed into it. I'd say give it a go, Build Fighters is a fun time especially if you are a long time Gundam fan. I would stay away from the English dub as it's half assed and the sequel Build Fighters Try isn't as good but it still had some fun moments.

Frankly speaking, i didnt expect to enjoy build fighters as much, 'cos cmon ...gunpla that come to life?

but it was a nice fun watch, with little takeaways like team spirit, perserverance, overcoming adversity and becoming one with your gunpla. :p

I'm about 8 episodes into ZZ. I've heard it was a rough one to get through, but phew... Experiencing it first hand is a whole other animal. Gonna try to hang in there. They're just leaving Shangri-La now, so maybe a change of venue will help.

You can do it! Be warned ZZ doesn't get anywhere until around episode 20 then some good stuff starts happening (I'd even say skip those in-between episodes if you can't take it).

So heres an oddity... the Western versions of "Zeta Gundam" had to substitute the opening theme due to rights issues, so can anyone explain to me why (on the UK release, anyway) the "Prelude to ZZ" episode is able to include the theme in its entirety?

I think it's because nobody cares about the first episode of ZZ let alone watched it long enough to get to that part. If anyone ever needed a quick buck I'm sure it would make for an easy copyright case seeing as it was officially sold in the US and UK.

Here's another strange oddity, when you start up the new Gundam VS game it instantly tells you that you cannot stream any of the games footage (through the PS4 anyways). The music playing in the background would cause copyright claims on YT so Bandai just said screw it and blocked all recording. I'm not sure if it's just laziness or if they don't own the rights to most of those songs in the US.

22 hours ago, dizman said:

I think it's because nobody cares about the first episode of ZZ let alone watched it long enough to get to that part. If anyone ever needed a quick buck I'm sure it would make for an easy copyright case seeing as it was officially sold in the US and UK.

Here's another strange oddity, when you start up the new Gundam VS game it instantly tells you that you cannot stream any of the games footage (through the PS4 anyways). The music playing in the background would cause copyright claims on YT so Bandai just said screw it and blocked all recording. I'm not sure if it's just laziness or if they don't own the rights to most of those songs in the US.

Is the music from one of the series or something original to the game?

36 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Is the music from one of the series or something original to the game?

A lot of the songs are battle tracks from many of the series but I'd assume the big issue is there are a few of the series op tracks in there. It's strange to me they would release a game without securing the rights to the songs in it but Gundam VS has a pretty bare bones localization so I'd assume everything was done on the cheap.

45 minutes ago, dizman said:

A lot of the songs are battle tracks from many of the series but I'd assume the big issue is there are a few of the series op tracks in there. It's strange to me they would release a game without securing the rights to the songs in it but Gundam VS has a pretty bare bones localization so I'd assume everything was done on the cheap.

That or even though they have the rights their too afraid that Youtube's craptastic copyright protection program will tag streamer for infringement even though bandai owns the rights. 

Remember that three copyright strikes and your channel gets barred and removing a strike is a long process. Best just to err on the side of caution, at least they warned players WHY it's suggested not to stream it. 

Oh my bad I gave the wrong impression there, all the game says when it starts up is "Gameplay recording paused because you entered blocked scene". The rest of it is just an educated guess since footage from the game is fine on YT as long as it's not playing the music. You are probably right that a large part has to do with YT's automated copyright machine just destroying everything as usual.