The first torrent file is not linked, it's completely raw and I think it even has a trailer to it.

Never heard of this group before, soooooo hopefully the fansubs are good. I felt sort of let down and confused over this OVA, but the animation was atleast good.

GRAGH!

[rant] I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to this as I was basically put off of SEED due to Fukada and friends inability to create a coherent and driven plot, and it wasn't that big of a deal that the eps were so short. However, I went ahead and watched it anyway after seeing some screens.

Now, I'm pissed. How can something of this quality be limited to a runtime of 45 minutes!? Gah. It's not even long enough to be a movie. [/rant]

The mobile suit combat was really well done. They seemed like machines of death instead of pretty robots that save everyone, as Destiny had portrayed them towards the end. Maybe Bandai/Sunrise can use this creative-production team on their next project. Maybe if Stargazer does well enough we can see them continuing it.

I'm really wondering though, how they're gonna get all of the rest in just 30 minutes. Maybe it will fall terribly short in the story department after all.

Edited by Shmitty

GRAGH!

[rant] I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to this as I was basically put off of SEED due to Fukada and friends inability to create a coherent and driven plot, and it wasn't that big of a deal that the eps were so short.  However, I went ahead and watched it anyway after seeing some screens.

Now, I'm pissed. How can something of this quality be limited to a runtime of 45 minutes!? Gah. It's not even long enough to be a movie.  [/rant]

The mobile suit combat was really well done. They seemed like machines of death instead of pretty robots that save everyone, as Destiny had portrayed them towards the end. Maybe Bandai/Sunrise can use this creative-production team on their next project. Maybe if Stargazer does well enough we can see them continuing it.

I'm really wondering though, how they're gonna get all of the rest in just 30 minutes.  Maybe it will fall terribly short in the story department after all.

416502[/snapback]

Quality is better since the release schedule is not weekly and more OAV-ish being released on a monthly schedule with the DVD coming in November.

The reason behind this is mostly because Bandai wants to try to post content directly to the web instead of releasing it to home video/theaters/TV, or so I've heard. Running at 15 minutes is fine for streaming media. Any longer and you might as well buy it off iTunes.

GRAGH!

[rant] I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to this as I was basically put off of SEED due to Fukada and friends inability to create a coherent and driven plot, and it wasn't that big of a deal that the eps were so short.  However, I went ahead and watched it anyway after seeing some screens.

Now, I'm pissed. How can something of this quality be limited to a runtime of 45 minutes!? Gah. It's not even long enough to be a movie.  [/rant]

I'm really wondering though, how they're gonna get all of the rest in just 30 minutes.  Maybe it will fall terribly short in the story department after all.

416502[/snapback]

Quality is better since the release schedule is not weekly and more OAV-ish being released on a monthly schedule with the DVD coming in November.

The reason behind this is mostly because Bandai wants to try to post content directly to the web instead of releasing it to home video/theaters/TV, or so I've heard. Running at 15 minutes is fine for streaming media. Any longer and you might as well buy it off iTunes.

416591[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd heard the same thing about its distribution. And I guess it makes sense that they don't want people to have wait hours on end to get their show, but still I wish it were longer. Just because it has so much promise.

Oh is that the case then? Geez, then just make it a few eps longer then. Bakas. Oh well, let's see what they an dish up, or see if it leads to another series.

416780[/snapback]

This will probably open the door for more animated shorts (including Gundam) to the web. It looks like Stargazer will be received well, so who knows, maybe they'll animated some Astray shorts...but I doubt it.

Too much work I know....

Hopefully another series with this production crew. So far they are awesome. It's a daring comment to say though...after only seeing a fifteen minute episode.

Stargazer episode 1 is quite good, the battle scene in the city is nice and lots of casualties, now thats urban war.

I hope they didn't depict the Gundams as super robot again this time just what they did to the previous Seed Destiny.

Meaning?

417255[/snapback]

Have you watched it?

If so did'nt you find it odd what the EA soldiers found on the GiNN?

417333[/snapback]

No I haven't watched it, which is why I asked who was on the winning side of the battle.

Might be lookin between 150-200 megs, pending on who you got for and how they encode it. I'm currently in the works on a fandub, but it'll probably be a month or so before it's finished since I'm racking my brain on M0 Ep2 and Tekkaman Ep3.

I watched it, it's better than GSD.  Hard to believe I know, but think of it this way, it's hard to put the bar any lower than GSD.

418347[/snapback]

Yes you can, it's called G Gundam or Gundam Wing.

• 2 weeks later...
Some sad news in the anime world (from the Anime News Network):
Gundam Voice Actor Dies (2006-08-10 10:37:20)

Hirotaka Suzuoki, the voice of Bright Noa, passed away Sunday from lung cancer. He was 56. Source: Gunota

424019[/snapback]

A whole list of stuff he did. Macross and Mospeada included.

Anime TV

Banner of the Stars (Dubeusec)

Captain Tsubasa (Kojiro Hyuga)

Crest of the Stars (Dubeusec)

Cyber Team in Akihabara (Washu Ryugasaki)

Dragon Ball (Tenshinhan)

Dragon Ball Z (Tenshinhan)

Dragon Ball GT (Wû Xing Lóng (Five Star Dragon)

Fist of the North Star 2 (Shachi)

Genesis Climber Mospeada (Yellow Belmont)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Noriaki Kakyoin)

Kiddy Grade (Dextera)

Mobile Suit Gundam (Bright Noa)

Pokémon (Sakaki (Giovanni))

Ranma ½ (Tatewaki Kuno)

Macross (Lin Kaifun)

Rockman X5-X7 (Signas)

Rockman X7 (Splash Warfly)

Rurouni Kenshin (Hajime Saito)

Saint Seiya (Dragon Shiryu)

The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross (Dess)

Transformers (Starscream, Powerglide)

OVAs

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Ivan Konev and Ruppert Kesserlink)

Prefectural Earth Defense Force (Kamir Santin)

Urotsukidoji (Tatsuo Nagumo)

Video Girl Ai (Ai's creator)

Games

Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness (Viktor Hugo)

On August 6 2006, at the age of 56, Hirotaka Suzuoki died from lung cancer. His final work Before his death was Rurouni Kenshin Game for PS2 of 2006.

Guys, sorry for asking a question I should know the answer to but I haven't had internet at home for a while and have lost track of things.

What's the current status of the Seed Destiny special edtions? I belive they were going to remake the last thrid or something so it doesn't dissapoint as badly as it did.

I ask because SD starts it's release here in the UK next month and I'm tempted to get the first few volumes as the early part of the series rocked and I just rewatched Seed last weekend and am in the mood for more.

Cheers in advance. :D