Crossbone always struck me as something better suited to being an OVA/ONA than a full length series.

Personally I want a GoL or Frozen teardrop adaptation if we're going to throw out unlikely hopes and dreams.

13 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

livestream will be announcing a new Gundam series on April 20th. Guests expected to appear are Daisuke Namikawa, Masaru Hamaguchi, Harutoshi Fukui, Naohiro Ogata, and Yasuo Miyagawa 

I want another OVA (or something like that). I like them better than a full series. *Rolls eyes at Gundam 00 teaser*

Not to derail the thread too much, but I finally decided to watch Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky in full and I actually really liked it. I forget what the general consensus on Thunderbolt was but I personally didn't like it when the episodes were airing. I think what made the movie work for me was the dub; I tried to watch the individual episodes with subs but watched the full movie with the English dub and the characters were so much more bearable to me in English.

43 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

Not to derail the thread too much, but I finally decided to watch Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky in full and I actually really liked it. I forget what the general consensus on Thunderbolt was but I personally didn't like it when the episodes were airing. I think what made the movie work for me was the dub; I tried to watch the individual episodes with subs but watched the full movie with the English dub and the characters were so much more bearable to me in English.

Tried looking for this, but failed in my quick search. Is this streaming or only in blu-ray?

On 4/17/2018 at 11:11 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

this is separate item from the 00 announcement.

given the names, i would expect something from U.C.

i would be so happy if it's Crossbone

Thanks for the tantalizing news!  Something to look out for on friday!

I thought Thunderbolt was well done. Between IBO and Thunderbolt it was a nice departure from the series with pilots that don't kill with machines of war. I have been reading the manga as they come out and the first part sticks very true to the manga. During the music parts the anime works better. I am definitely getting the Bandit's Flower when it is released state side. 

Any sequels to Gundam 00 and IBO are always welcomed, along with Gundam Wing. It would be a nice remake of Gundam Wing to do the GoL and Frozen Teardrop. that would be so awesome to see, as long as they do not CG suits. It throws off the aesthetic when you drawn animation for everything except the mobile suits.   

The Exia R4 is cool expect for the naked arm, that doesn't make alot of sense unless armor or bits are added to it later. I would love to see an Exia Full Saber version, that would be awesome to see in action. 

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

Tried looking for this, but failed in my quick search. Is this streaming or only in blu-ray?

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Thunderbolt-December-Sky-Blu-Ray

Good price for a blu-ray. Not sure about streaming. Crunchyroll does not have it, hulu might. 

oh boy, where's that bandai milking the unicorn gundam cartoon when you need it. :rolleyes::5:

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Gustav karl??

it already showed up in the last Unicorn OVA; it didn't do much but it was there:

Edited by anime52k8

5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

oh boy, where's that bandai milking the unicorn gundam cartoon when you need it. :rolleyes::5:

it already showed up in the last Unicorn OVA; it didn't do much but it was there:

Yeah i was waiting for a kit release of it, but never materialized. With these new series, probabilities increase!

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks seti! i should've posted it, i knew about it early but fell asleep.

ah i guess i'm glad it's back to U.C.  

Yea bummer it wasn't crossbone. 

Oh well, it's what sells bucket loads that is bandai's priority...

12 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Did Gundam Unicorn really need a sequel?

I mean, its plot was pretty self-contained and all and didn't really impact the greater Universal Century any...

True. I don't think it needs a sequel. But is this a direct sequel since I didn't see any old characters from what Gwyn posted on his tweeter feeds?

I rather wish they do Hathaway's Flash instead. :rolleyes:

Just now, no3Ljm said:

True. I don't think it needs a sequel. But is this a direct sequel since I didn't see any old characters from what Gwyn posted on his tweeter feeds?

You might get your wish, rumor is that Hathaway's Flash will get a 3 movie series starting 2019. 

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

2 minutes ago, dizman said:

You might get your wish, rumor is that Hathaway's Flash will get a 3 movie series starting 2019. 

I feel like we can get some indecent exposure jokes out of that...

Still, that story was kind of a downer even by Universal Century standards, what with Bright having to execute his own son...

10 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Still, that story was kind of a downer even by Universal Century standards, what with Bright having to execute his own son...

I agree. And how I really feel bad about Bright. Like with all the things he's done and sacrificed. It still ended with tragic. 

1 hour ago, dizman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the ending, like Bright calling to stop the execution at the last moment. Tomino probably wouldn't be too happy about it though.

I feel bad for Bright but at the same time Hathaway is a piece of crap and deserves it.

56 minutes ago, lechuck said:

GunPla-wise though I am not that enthused about the possibility of even more RX-0 Gundam kits.

hey, that 70 foot tall statue isn't going to pay for itself. :p

18 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I just want my Macross Gundam. Is it too much to ask for a Macross Gundam?

We had one of those... 

Well, more like two...

Maybe three if you count the original concept for the SDF-1, which was a White Base knockoff that turned into a giant Gundam...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

I feel bad for Bright but at the same time Hathaway is a piece of crap and deserves it.

Yeah Hathaway is up there with Katz as terrible characters who deserve what they get. Course it takes a few years for Hathaway to get his.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hathaway is just a victim of circumstance, right?

I dunno, maybe we should ask Chan Agi about that......