From Guntoa :

Approaching 30 years...

It 's not much, but still worth mentioning. In the recent Nikkei Characters! issue, Yasuo Miyakawa, a Sunrise board member, commented, "UC fans are probably looking forward to a new series. We can't promise when (it will be released), but we promise to deliver one. Please look forward to it. " Never the less, add one more person from Bandai/Sunrise promising a new UC series.

In a separate note, Harutoshi Fukui's next work will be on Gundam after his recent release of "Operation ROSEDUST" novel this month.

I've been completely out of touch with the Gundam franchise for over a year. Can someone tell me in short what went wrong with Gundam SEED Destiny?

385327[/snapback]

In a nutshell...

Too many recaps (fillers, and beginning of each eps.).

Supposed main character(Shinn) upstaged everytime an older character(Kira) shows up.

In a nutshell...

Too many recaps (fillers, and beginning of each eps.).

Supposed main character(Shinn) upstaged everytime an older character(Kira) shows up.

385332[/snapback]

Okay, that's just bad. Amuro made appearances on Zeta Gundam, but he never upstaged Camille. Who's writing this stuff, anyway?

QUOTE(Ginrai @ Mar 29 2006, 10:55 AM)

Also the animation remains horrible.

Well, I can't really agree on that, as most Gundam TV series titles didn't have high-quality animation (except maybe Turn-A Gundam).

That's depending on who you talk too, there are those who believe Turn A Gundam was the most poorly animated of the whole universe.

UC fans are probably looking forward to a new series. We can't promise when (it will be released), but we promise to deliver one. Please look forward to it. "

From the looks of it a sequal to MS Igloo is underway from what I understand. I can't recall the title at this time but I remember reading some stuff about it.

I dunno if I'd welcome another UC show since Sunrise is really just stretching the universe to a thin margin enough as it is...there's only so many things you can do before it starts to feel like a rehash of something else already done.

From Guntoa : 

Approaching 30 years...

It 's not much, but still worth mentioning. In the recent Nikkei Characters! issue, Yasuo Miyakawa, a Sunrise board member, commented, "UC fans are probably looking forward to a new series. We can't promise when (it will be released), but we promise to deliver one. Please look forward to it. " Never the less, add one more person from Bandai/Sunrise promising a new UC series.

In a separate note, Harutoshi Fukui's next work will be on Gundam after his recent release of "Operation ROSEDUST" novel this month.

385283[/snapback]

The last time I heard someone from Bandai/Sunrise make such a claim, we ended up with Gundam Seed Destiny instead.

The last time I heard someone from Bandai/Sunrise make such a claim, we ended up with Gundam Seed Destiny instead.

385435[/snapback]

Now that was low. :o:lol:

But very true. How does an shows recaps get worse. Not only do the recap the new stuff but use even more recap scenes from the previous 50 eps. :angry:

Well, I can't really agree on that, as most Gundam TV series titles didn't have high-quality animation (except maybe Turn-A Gundam).

385401[/snapback]

Well, not quite ture on the animation part.

Most Gundam shows had decent animation for it's time, however the animation in SEED, and Destiney suffered from mediocore CG, and recycled footage that would make Wing cringe.

I don't mind the odd recap eps, but Destiny got a little ridiculous.

It also had about TWO miniutes of recap of the last eps. before the op. sequence (most I've seen, only have about 30 seconds).

"UC fans are probably looking forward to a new series. We can't promise when (it will be released), but we promise to deliver one. Please look forward to it. "

I think I just died a little on the inside.

For gods sake just let the UC die already.

"UC fans are probably looking forward to a new series. We can't promise when (it will be released), but we promise to deliver one. Please look forward to it. "

I think I just died a little on the inside.

For gods sake just let the UC die already.

385498[/snapback]

There are plenty of UC stories left to tell, and probably better stuff than what we got with G, Wing, and SEED.

They just need to know that there are more UC stories to tell than the friggin' One Year War.

It's about time they discovered aliens in UC. The only thing that can stop the newtypes from wanting to take over earth or the federation from creating a dictatorship is a threat from a technologically superior race able to kill either of them off. The psychics would be used to make psi soldiers, (like the ones in starcraft which are able to communicate with the aliens) and the federation would stop wasting money on creating giant robots and more on finding other lifeforms.

Large scale mobile suits would be scrapped for smaller ones which are used for exploration. They would only hve transformable mecha which would increase the fighting ability of each mecha. And advances in AI would allow for mobile suits to act independantly without pilots, saving money.

The war should no longer have anything to do with newtypes or oldtypes but move on from this. Maybe in the future the aliens have possession of rare materials that the human race need to fight for, and the first war is defence from these? I always felt the one thing missing from gundam was an alien invasion from aliens with different technology from us. It is as if there was a non stop war with the anti un in macross and we were only told about the human wars and there was never a single power strong enough to unite humanity.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

8th team is diffenetly done, they were disbanded and Shiro lost an arm and I think a leg and Aina was pregnant, that pretty much ended it.

But yeah there's like this BIG gap between CCA too F91......lets fill that damn gap.

It's about time they discovered aliens in UC. The only thing that can stop the newtypes from wanting to take over earth or the federation from creating a dictatorship is a threat from a technologically superior race able to kill either of them off. The psychics would be used to make psi soldiers, (like the ones in starcraft which are able to communicate with the aliens) and the federation would stop wasting money on creating giant robots and more on finding other lifeforms.

Large scale mobile suits would be scrapped for smaller ones which are used for exploration. They would only hve transformable mecha which would increase the fighting ability of each mecha. And advances in AI would allow for mobile suits to act independantly without pilots, saving money.

The war should no longer have anything to do with newtypes or oldtypes but move on from this. Maybe in the future the aliens have possession of rare materials that the human race need to fight for, and the first war is defence from these? I always felt the one thing missing from gundam was an alien invasion from aliens with different technology from us. It is as if there was a non stop war with the anti un in macross and we were only told about the human wars and there was never a single power strong enough to unite humanity.

385602[/snapback]

Heh.....aliens in gundam could make or break the franchise. I wanna see MS vs HR Giger-esque aliens. ;)

I would still like to see gaia gear animated, and returned to being a cannon part of UC instead of G savior.

Also I hope aliens are not introduced into UC. It might be cool, but one of the things I always liked about gundam was that it was a human conflict. Their introduction could ruin the feel a future UC story. but if it was done in some other AU story it might be ok.

385602[/snapback]

So what you're saying, is instead of Gundam you want Robotech II: The Sentinels. Glad we cleared that up.

I don't know how anyone can say the side stories are done for UC.  There is a lot of extra stuff you could focus on, various parts of 0087, and events prior to CCA, i.e. Char's miraculous return.  And so forth.

385758[/snapback]

I'm not saying side stories, or even long TV series, are done for UC. Just for 0079.

I don't know how anyone can say the side stories are done for UC.  There is a lot of extra stuff you could focus on, various parts of 0087, and events prior to CCA, i.e. Char's miraculous return.  And so forth.

385758[/snapback]

One word, Gundam Sentinel OVA :ph34r:

I wanted to see the S-Gundam in action :lol:

I knew this before and overall I really liked, so I`m gonna order it :)

From Guntoa :

ZxR "Ai Senshi" official site

JEC International has a promotional website for the English-language Gundam rock cover album. Audio clips for "Take Flight Gundam", "Soldiers Of Sorrow", and "Go Beyond The Time" are available there and more can be heard at BMG Japan`s site .

Edited by Black Valkyrie

385758[/snapback]

One word, Gundam Sentinel OVA :ph34r:

I wanted to see the S-Gundam in action :lol:

386112[/snapback]

What I can't believe is that it took so long for someone to finally mention this.

Sentinel is replete with some of the best mechanical designs ever found in the Gundam universe.

My main concern, though, is that they will try to update certain elements. I can see them changing the character designs into something more akin to Wing or Seed which, IMHO, blow.

If they keep the story intact, keep the designs for characters, keep the mechanical design and, above all, stick to traditional animation... it will rock.

A little late to the discussion, but...

I think SEED had the worse animation of any Gundam series, period. I'll never forget when I saw MS just SCOOT (not move, but slide across while remaining absolutely still) across the screen. Given today's animation and SEED's budget, that was simply ridiculous <_<