So, the Gusion has been upgraded wth a giant pair of side-cutters? I mean - I guess that's an ideal weapon against Gunpla - but wouldn't that weapon (and meta gag) be more appropriate in Build Fighters?

That moment was really quite silly to me.

I really like the Gusion Rebake from S1 - but I'm not too sure about the Gusion Rebake Full City. And just what the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway?

Ive read that it refers to coffee thats been rebaked and it's called full city roast. And that additionally it originally came from the Brewers group. I guess it's wordplay so go figure lol. Some say it mightve have a deeper meaning for Akihiro such as mocking the group that got his brother killed.

Well, this means that gusion's named after coffee and has garden scissors. Haha

Edited by close313

So, I have not seen Gundam Origins yet, and I love UC Gundam. Is it retconning things? The previews I've see show GMs and Guncannons, which were developed concurrently with the RX-78 Gundam. Is the series now saying that they came before it?

So Gundam the Origin is a retelling of the original series based on the manga written a few years back by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko. The best way I could describe it is that the origin is a more realistic retelling of the original story, in it Guntanks and Guncannons have been around for a while but aren't as good as a regular Zaku so the federation has to surpass them with the Gundam. Whitebase isn't equipped with just three mobile suits, it has a whole squad of Guntanks and Guncannons to back up the Gundam.

The four movies that are out now actually take place a few years before the main story and deal with Char's origin story from child to adulthood. I wouldn't say that the origin is replacing the canon of the original series, it's just another interpretation. The movies are definitely worth a watch and the manga is worth a read, it got a great US release with hardcovers. As a UC fan I'd recommend it to you.

The sound effects for those mobile armors are amazing. Next weeks IBO is going to be quite the battle royale.

I had to pause the watching half-way but i totally agree the awakening sound is epic. I really cant wait to continue watching this episode when i come back from running my errands.... :wub::wub:

This mobile armor story arch has all the makings of a great sat morn cartoon vibe to last throug the day :lol:

Edited by seti88

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2017 at 5:46 PM, dizman said:

So IBO is in the running for the most hated character award. 

Hide contents

Iok is such a lucky fool that I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow lives to the end and becomes a hero and the leader of the seven stars.

So true. This episode was absolutely magnificent though. The drama and the action were irresistible.

Such a great time to be alive for Gundam fans. One gets stuff like IBO, Thunderbolt and Origin. Macross gets friggin Delta and the Aerial Knights. So sad!

Gundam newb here. I recently watched 'War in the pocket' and found it enjoyable. I'm looking for more to watch, but could use some recommendations. I'm probably not going to be inclined to go through the whole series chronologically, but if there are any series that you feel that especially stand out please let me know :)