MR-Q10 Flagalac 3 beam blades

MAU-M3E42 linked linear guns

GAT-X103AP Verde Buster Gundam

Overall height (antenna): 18.46m

Weight: 99.36 tons

Armaments

Right shoulder: 350mm gunlauncher

Left shoulder: 94mm high energy beam rifle

6-tube missle launcher x 2 (220mm multipurpose missle 6-tube pods)

Beam rifle with bayonette x 2 (M9009B composite bayonette-equipped model beam rifle)

Shams Coza - 19-years-old. Male. Natural. Lieutenant Junior Grade affiliated with Phantom Pain. Pilot of the mobile suit GAT-X103AP. With his co-workers Sven and Mudie, the 3 form a special MS platoon.

GAT-X1022 Blu Duel Gundam

Overall height (antenna): 16.89m

Weight: 84.24 tons

Armaments

M2M5 Todesschrecken 12.5mm x 2

Mk315 Stiletto rocket-propelled anti-armor penetrator

M443 Scorpion mobile railgun

ES05 beam saber x 2

M7G2 retractable beam gun

Mudie Holcroft - 18-years-old. Female. Natural. Lieutenant Junior Grade affiliated with Phantom Pain. Pilot of the mobile suit GAT-X1022. With her co-workers Sven and Mudie, the 3 form a special MS platoon.

• 3 weeks later...
Just saw Gundam X, man, I don't think that it was such a bad series.

Any chance that this is going to come to the States?

406869[/snapback]

It's in the queue....X runs the best chance of coming out right now. ZZ looks low. Same with V. Turn A has about the same chance as X. Let GSD and possibly the Zeta movies pass through, then well see.

You right. The music is beautiful. What's the theme song? The sound is all right, but the video is having a hard time buffering, I only have 256 kbs :(

Because the Noir is the relative of the Strike, does that imply that it uses Striker packs? We only have one so far.

EDIT Nevermind good old youtube. :D

Just wondering, would you guys agree that the SEED series has the strongest musical score out of all the Gundam Series? It seems that way to me, even though X and Wing aren't that far behind.

Edited by kensei

Those Beam Rifles, I am pretty sure those are the same Beam Rifles that the Duel had. I really liked taht Rifle.

Yes, those are Dual's beam rifles. As I said, out protagonist must love dual hand-held everything...Dual rifles, dual pistols, dual beam-blade swords...

Because the Noir is the relative of the Strike, does that imply that it uses Striker packs? We only have one so far.

Some magazine scans have referred to his Striker pack as the Noir Striker. So yes, he can mount various Striker packs if he wishes.

I'm assuming that the Gundams in the EA use Advanced Phase Shift armour from now on. Do they have something like Hyper Deuterium power plants too now? These Gundams are obviously way more powerful, I'd expect them to have an awesome power plant.

Just wondering, would you guys agree that the SEED series has the strongest musical score out of all the Gundam Series? It seems that way to me, even though X and Wing aren't that far behind.

406985[/snapback]

Depends on what you mean by strongest. Seed definitely has the "strongest" sountrack with several of the theme songs hitting the top of the J-pop charts.

I however am partial to the live orchestra music in any gundam series (actually more so in OVA's than TV series). Gives it a real "In-the-movie-theater" dramatic feeling. I would have to say Char's Counter Attack had the best orchestral arrangements of all.

Just my $.02

I agree. I always thought that Char's Counter attack had an excellent musical score. Turn A Gundam was good in this way as well. It had a nice mix of orchestral and vocal music. Also in many places during the series the music does an excellent job of drawing one into the scene. For instance at the end of the first episode when Loran is calling out to the Moon Race, the music gives an even more ethereal feeling to the whole scene.

You right. The music is beautiful. What's the theme song? The sound is all right, but the video is having a hard time buffering, I only have 256 kbs :(

EDIT Nevermind good old youtube. :D

406985[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'd say strongest. It most certainly has the largest and highest profile musical score. Strongest in terms of emotion invoked as result of the music and how it's used, I'd say that Turn A Gundam is actually the strongest.

Music in Turn A Gundam really made certain scenes throughout the series and they just wouldn't have been the same without that music. The SEED series had one or two moments as well like Freedom's appearing at Alaska, Kira vs. Rau, "Break the World", Destory Gundam unleashed and Kira vs. Rey over Orb. Still Turn A Gundam actually made me tear up at moments due to how it's music was used. Musice just resulted in a stronger impact in that series.

SEED's music is still very good, not saying it isn't. I love listening to the the songs, more so then Destiny's actual series mind you. Several other series had pretty good musical soundtracks.

I'm assuming that the Gundams in the EA use Advanced Phase Shift armour from now on. Do they have something like Hyper Deuterium power plants too now? These Gundams are obviously way more powerful, I'd expect them to have an awesome power plant.

407001[/snapback]

From what I hear, they are no better than ZAFT's batteries. Strike Noir is suppose to use VPS, but that's about it.

What's the song anyway?

Took a look at the characters, man, the Duel's pilot looks like a really mean evil lady, and the pilot of the Buster looks like a skinny and nerdier Edgar LaSalle.

Edited by kensei

• 4 weeks later...

Stolen from Char's Blog and Gunota:

GSX-401FW Stargazer - A space exploration MS developed by DSSD. Equipped with "Voiture Lumiere", a new kind of propulsion system that uses light.

BTW, Delta Astray is also suppose to be using "Voiture Lumiere" as well.

post-15-1152254231_thumb.jpg

Edited by azrael

http://www.seed-stargazer.net/mechanics/index.html

Artwork for Stargazer is up. Interesting design. I would love to see how that ring works.

Translation of description:

The GSX-401FW Stargazer is a mobile suit independently developed by DSSD (the Deep Space Survey and Development organization). DSSD, which maintains a neutral position with regard to both the Earth Alliance and the PLANTs, developed this non-combat mobile suit in order to explore and exploit the orbital regions beyond Mars. Its most distinctive feature is the interplanetary propulsion system known as the Voiture Lumiere, and, since it is endowed with a great degree of autonomy, it is capable of unmanned operation at a high level. The machine and its operation support system are referred to as "Guider UNmanned Deployment Autonomic Manipulation," or GUNDAM for short.

Some notes from Mark Simmons (of the former Gundam Project.com)

Note that the Japanese explanation for this new GUNDAM acronym literally translates as "Unmanned/Autonomous Operation Deployment Instruction Machine." As well as reiterating that the Stargazer can operate on its own without a human pilot, this also indicates that it's a teaching or instructional machine, which is presumably where the "Guider" part comes from.

Some have noted that Stargazer's lack of armor covering may truely mean that it is not really for military use.

Note that the Japanese explanation for this new GUNDAM acronym literally translates as "Unmanned/Autonomous Operation Deployment Instruction Machine." As well as reiterating that the Stargazer can operate on its own without a human pilot, this also indicates that it's a teaching or instructional machine, which is presumably where the "Guider" part comes from.

Some have noted that Stargazer's lack of armor covering may truely mean that it is not really for military use.

414859[/snapback]

So its possible it might have a learning AI similar to that of the ARX-7 "Arbalest" from FMP, right? :blink:

BTW, when the heck is Zeta III coming out, I'm dying slowly just wating for the funsubs to come out. :(

414859[/snapback]

I think that the Stargazer might have an AI much like Gundam Sentinel's ALICE. Maybe it'll be programmed with Kira Yamato reflexes and just engages ppl in hand 2 hand combat. XD

Only thing UC worth checking out these days is the continuation of the Crossbone Gundam manga now serialized in Gundam Ace magazine.

415559[/snapback]

Um, IGLOO?

Speaking of, on the one hand, I'm glad that someone like GG is taking the time to fansub IGLOO. On the other hand, their stubborn insistance on using newer codecs packaged in mkv containers plus their unbridled hatred of VLC have become rather irritating. After spending hours trying to pick their releases apart to make a nice DVD, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have hard-subbed AVIs any day.

BTW, when the heck is Zeta III coming out, I'm dying slowly just wating for the funsubs to come out.  :(

415393[/snapback]

8/25/2006.

415399[/snapback]

Bandai USA just licensed the movies so fansubs may become a little thinner on the ground now.

Stargazer has an interesting design but I'm really not expecting much from a series with a total runtime of just over 40 minutes. :rolleyes:

BTW, when the heck is Zeta III coming out, I'm dying slowly just wating for the funsubs to come out.  :(

415393[/snapback]

8/25/2006.

415399[/snapback]

Bandai USA just licensed the movies so fansubs may become a little thinner on the ground now.

Stargazer has an interesting design but I'm really not expecting much from a series with a total runtime of just over 40 minutes. :rolleyes:

415766[/snapback]

Ooh, so there's the possibility of the three Z Gundam movies coming to the U.S. officially? I just finished the entire t.v. set and would like to see the new animation and the changes in the story.

Ooh, so there's the possibility of the three Z Gundam movies coming to the U.S. officially? I just finished the entire t.v. set and would like to see the new animation and the changes in the story.

415860[/snapback]

Short answer: Hell yes.

Most likely they were hammering out the details when it was announced at AX. But yes, the Zeta movies are licensed and will have an R1 release. At least there won't be a music license issue with the movies.