Well I'm just saying: with regards to UC for example. Don't you find it kinda unrealistic that people would fight a war forever and ever and ever and ever with no central government to finally control it all through peace or through force? When I say all, I mean everything.

For me one of the things I liked about gundam wing was how in the story operation meteor almost resulted in the loss of freedom for everyone on the planet AND everyone in space due to one guy just trying to dominate everything. It felt like this big epic with a beginning, a middle, and an end. Not "lets fight over race, kill each other, shake hands for a bit, and start the war again without learning our lesson".

I'm just saying that if the humans fight, why not have them finally reach a point where a single side manages to overpower the other, and the focus is on another threat?

Kinda like in LOTR where of course there are like racial hatred between the various people (elves not getting on with dwarves, hobbits hiding in thier holes, men not helping out each other out of pride and then resenting each other and holding grudges and stuff) but there was a common enemy that threatened the very existance of ALL those people. (ie the big bad orcs) The world is much richer when you show greater range of things for the people to fight about rather than the same thing: newtype vs oldtype. (or variations of the same idea in AU shows)

It would be as if in macross the UNG ALWAYS reaching a stalemate with the anti-un and the anti un always stealing the technology and mainting exactly a 50 percent strength with the UNG and never straying from this for like hundreds of years. No begining, middle or end. No decisive victory, or one side forced to have its history written by the victors and have to accept defeat. (they got it right with the star war trilogy by showing a rise of an empire, and a defeat of the empire which feels like it has a permanent or semi-permanent long-lasting effect)

Ok so they don't have to bring in aliens then. The suggestion of bringing in an alien race has more to do with my wish to see much bigger variation in mecha design and a "struggle to catch up" scenario more than caring about seeing them in a gundam show. (its a reaction against seeing so many similar looking mecha in seed destiny)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, unless I misunderstand your point, the whole Gundam plot -at least for the UC calendar- is not centered around the 'Newtypes vs Oldtypes' thingy but rather around the 'Earthnoids vs Spacenoids' but with some subtleties: Zeta is the perfect example, where one side dominating the other abuses of its authority to the point where a movement of resistance is formed by opposing forces. I think we can ignore ZZ despite its values (yes, I like this show...) but in CCA we see a continuation of the very original conflict (not the OYW, but the Side 3 revolution...): there's no relation whatsoever with 'Newtypes vs Oldtypes' in both Z and CCA like there was in 0079, it's just the propaganda of the various protagonists which says so (and this was already the case in 0079 because the OYW was the just a tragic attempt of world domination by a pathetic megalomaniac...)

As for the rest, F-91 is very starship trooper-ish in the sense that the goal of the empire from New Frontier is to give power to the ones who have the guts to fight for peace. Main difference with the world of Heinlein is that in F-91 a monarchy is concerned by this credo instead of a democracy. Again, no Newtypes involved...

In V, Zanscarre wants to impose matriarchy: a very old concept, far much more ancient than the Christ actually. Still, no relation whatsoever with Newtypes, they were just used as some sort of weapon, not even as a propaganda btw

What makes UC a 'Earthnoids vs Spacenoids' plot is the simple fact that a very few people inhabits Earth (by definition, elite cannot be a majority...) therefore conflict can happen only in 'space' between the ones who want to rule it (and we clearly see in V that their authority is seriously declining...) and the ones who inhabit it: due to how tings are organized in this universe it makes sense that it cannot happen differently. An interesting evolution could happen only through the Deikun Dream: when all colonies will be independant and will develop their own culture, we'll be able to see inter-colonies conflicts but the UC time-line didn't reach this point 'unfortunately'

As for the AUs, the 'Newtypes vs Oldtypes' conflict happens only in X (I still have to see Seed but I'm currently making a Gundam pause after the Turn A masterpiece...), which I consider more as an alternative UC time-line personnally but whatever... Really, the whole Gundam franchise has a lot of diversity varying with the point of view :)

Hmm...great, another game to get a PS2 for... it's on my to-do list, to say the least.  So is that really the policy for pretty much all Bandai games?  Maybe I should just suck it up and buy the Japan release of the PSP Gundam game too...

393182[/snapback]

I don't know about all Bandai games but when it comes to Gundam that's pretty much the general rule. Instead of SD G Generation games and Giren's Greed, we get the universally panned failure known as MS Saga.

TOKYO, Japan - May 1, 2006 - Sunrise announced that the next new Gundam production will be a TV series set in the Universal Century timeline which takes place some time after the events depicted in Mobile Suit Victory Gundam.

No director has been named as of yet, the only available info on the show was that the mobile suits continue the trend of becoming smaller and more powerful as they have been ever since the events depicted in the theatrical film Mobile Suit Gundam F91.

A teaser promo has been released on the Sunrise website

TOKYO, Japan - May 1, 2006 - Sunrise announced that the next new Gundam production will be a TV series set in the Universal Century timeline which takes place some time after the events depicted in Mobile Suit Victory Gundam.

No director has been named as of yet, the only available info on the show was that the mobile suits continue the trend of becoming smaller and more powerful as they have been ever since the events depicted in the theatrical film Mobile Suit Gundam F91.

395526[/snapback]

Edit: oops. Next time, check the link first before making comments. :rolleyes:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

395526[/snapback]

Edit: oops. Next time, check the link first before making comments. :rolleyes:

395529[/snapback]

LOL.

Oh the raw of the new Gundam Seed Destiny Special edition TV Part 1 just came out.. I can't download it yet because I'm still at work,, but here is the link. I heard there's alot of NEW clips here and there.

http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/[A-Raws_G-Distro]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_Special_Edition_TV_Part_I_[CC57082B].avi.torrent

Copy and paste the long link.

Edited by F360°

Is this some April Fools joke that just happens to be exactly a month late?

396167[/snapback]

Yes.

Oh the raw of the new Gundam Seed Destiny Special edition TV Part 1 just came out.. I can't download it yet because I'm still at work,, but here is the link. I heard there's alot of NEW clips here and there.

Just finished watching..... I thought something was missing....*looks at Gunota*...yeah, I'm missing another 45 minutes. Part 2 of GSD:SE I airs tonight and tomorrow (Weds and Thursday). Which is why I don't see it on my other torrent sites....they're waiting for part 2 to air... <_<

The Raw of the new Gundam Seed Destiny Special edition TV Part 2 just came out.

http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/[A-Raws_G-Distro]_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_Special_Edition_TV_Part_II_[A2D64CAD].avi.torrent

Copy and paste the link

oh, there's also a link for Gundam Seed Eternity Phase 00 too,, it's old but might as well.

http://tracker.danomac.org/torrents/[A-Raws_G-Distro]_Gundam_SEED_Eternity_PHASE-00_[DVD_DivX5]_[b103BDEC].avi.torrent

Copy and paste the link

From Guntoa :

Gundam SEED goes theatrical UPDATED

Rumors on 2ch said to be from the Sony Music Anime Fes' 06 are that it was announced that there'll be a Gundam SEED movie.

It is known, through a radio commercial for this month's Newtype , that the magazine has "big Gundam SEED news" though early issues don't appear to have come out yet to confirm what exactly that news is.

Edit: Sunrise confirms the rumors, stating this will be the first completely original Gundam feature film since Gundam F91 came out 15 years ago. Mitsuo Fukuda will be the director.

Well I think its time for me to watch Seed from the start, I read the stories but never watched the shows.

397460[/snapback]

I didn't want to say anything yet since I'm still watching it, but as one who has just 5 more episodes of Destiny to go..

SEED is ok. Destiny is ok so long you approach it right.

I'll post a longer review and nitpick more once I finish Destiny, which should be another week or so.

From Guntoa :

Gundam SEED goes theatrical UPDATED 2

Update 2: Based on people who attended the Anime Fes, Shinn Asuka, Cagalli Yula Atha, Lacus Clyne, Athrun Zara, and Kira Yamato were featured with narration "their path takes us.." to a screen officially announcing the theatrical production. TM Revolution apparently topped off the event by saying "See ya at the movies" to the crowd.

I personally am always a fan of grunt character side stories... why not show some main events and some behind the scenes events from the eyes of a Spec Ops Ginn team... or even a frontline combat squad... anything but the SEED characters...

Mitsuo Fukuda will be the director.

:(

Oh the humanity! PLEASE!! Won't somebody think of the children!

In all honesty though, Fukuda as director means this is going to suck like a kid with a lollipop. Enough, stop beating the dead horse, SEED is as dead as Star Trek right now.

In all honesty though, Fukuda as director means this is going to suck like a kid with a lollipop. Enough, stop beating the dead horse, SEED is as dead as Star Trek right now.

397588[/snapback]

Running by the 1st 10 episodes of GSD, where they had time and weren't making last minute changes to the script....I have no problem with Fukada as director.

EDIT: Why not change the focus like a MS 8th team? The main characters are overexposed.

I loved those doggy mechas! More tank mechas (half body with treads with big guns) and more panther and dog mechas would be cool if they were to do one.

I want to see a fight between the mass produced transforming panthas vs transforming murasame in a ground vs air battle.

The dogs would run faster than the bipeds (humanoid mecha) while the bipeds would be more versatile with weapons since they can hold various thing with thier hands. The treads will be like the long range mechs which have the heaviest weapons and can shoot the furtherest but be sitting ducks since they can't dodge. And it would all take place on the ground in variable terrain. (no space battles unless it happens in the start as a background thing.)

SEED is ok. Destiny is ok so long you approach it right.

I hope if they ever do a movie for destiny though, that they make the last battle more dramatic. (ie hero gets injured, his mecha is half busted up, he only wins by a thin margin etc without a clear decisive win until the last moment just like amuro char battle, as opposed to the hero looking like he is not even putting any effort into the fight)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

397588[/snapback]

Running by the 1st 10 episodes of GSD, where they had time and weren't making last minute changes to the script....I have no problem with Fukada as director.

397615[/snapback]

Everything up to the Junius 7 drop was fine. It looked like it had promise, I was watching Destiny every week. Then, when it became the "Zala + Friends Road Tour of the Earth", I lost interest, but still watched it. However, I think the show jumped the shark after Freedom/Kira got reintroduced and God Mode got turned on for him. I quit watching after I saw Kira slice up Saviour...the story just wasn't going to get any better.

I'm sorry, but 7~8 episodes out of a 52 episode series being good means Fukuda sucks as a director. No way on earth could he have had "no time" for the Zala + Friends roadshow period...

For those of you in the Chicago area,

Join us for this exclusive and rare opportunity to hear legendary Anime director Yoshiyuki Tomino, creator of the original Gundam, discuss his films and related topics. In addition, Mobile Suit Z Gundam I, II, III will make their first U.S. appearance in Chicago. Held in conjunction with the 42nd Chicago International Film Festival, this is a must-see event for anyone interested in film, Anime, and Japanese culture.

Final dates for these events are yet to be determined. Please check back for details as they become available.

http://www.jaschicago.org/anime/

397588[/snapback]

397615[/snapback]

Exactly... GSD sucked because... well, Kira and Athrun took over the show. But the movie is a one shot deal, and they might do ok with it. But one would also hope that the movie kills off a few of the character. Top of the list that should NOT die is Shinn. For someone that's supposed to be new, not a lot of focus on him. And I truly hope they don't go for Gundam of the week action. It was kind of weak if you ask me.

Don't mean to side track what you guys are chatting about. I was wondering if you could suggest places to get the UC Series on DVD for a good price. I was entertaining the thought of buying a lot of them, but I am not sure. Are all of them even available? The few places I saw don't have all of them and the AU stuff mixed in confuses me. I am in the U.S., Northern CA to be more exact. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Don't mean to side track what you guys are chatting about.  I was wondering if you could suggest places to get the UC Series on DVD for a good price.  I was entertaining the thought of buying a lot of them, but I am not sure.  Are all of them even available?  The few places I saw don't have all of them and the AU stuff mixed in confuses me.  I am in the U.S., Northern CA to be more exact.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

400007[/snapback]

MSG, Zeta, 0083, 0080, CCA, 8thMS Team, and F91 are avaliable. Individual releases (except for Zeta) are going to be hard to look for. 0080 and/or 0083 are available in a boxset. At this point, you should probably just shop online. DVDPlanet.com, DVDEmpire.com, Rightstuf.com, Twin Moons.com, Animenation.com, etc...When last I checked, the only things Gundam I found where Zeta and Seed in stores. Good luck.

Don't mean to side track what you guys are chatting about.  I was wondering if you could suggest places to get the UC Series on DVD for a good price.  I was entertaining the thought of buying a lot of them, but I am not sure.  Are all of them even available?  The few places I saw don't have all of them and the AU stuff mixed in confuses me.  I am in the U.S., Northern CA to be more exact.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

400007[/snapback]

MSG, Zeta, 0083, 0080, CCA, 8thMS Team, and F91 are avaliable. Individual releases (except for Zeta) are going to be hard to look for. 0080 and/or 0083 are available in a boxset. At this point, you should probably just shop online. DVDPlanet.com, DVDEmpire.com, Rightstuf.com, Twin Moons.com, Animenation.com, etc...When last I checked, the only things Gundam I found where Zeta and Seed in stores. Good luck.

400041[/snapback]

It should be noted that the U.S. release of Mobile Suit Gundam TV series is missing 1 episode, has no original Japanese dialog track, and has a lot of the signature sound effects changed. The U.S. release of Zeta Gundam TV series also has its theme songs removed and replaced.

Thanks for the heads up Yellowlightman, overstock was a great place to go.  While I was searching I didn't see V Gundam or ZZ Gundam, does this mean these are not out yet?

401701[/snapback]

ZZ and Victory have not been released in the states. You can find a bootleg.