Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Ahhhh, poor Athrun with his foresaken color choice. But at least he'll be getting his first MG.

Could end up being any of his suits:

Justice? Saviour? Infinite Justice? Pick your pink.

Ahhhh, poor Athrun with his foresaken color choice. But at least he'll be getting his first MG.

Could end up being any of his suits:

Justice? Saviour? Infinite Justice? Pick your pink.

That's assuming it is an Athrun MS.

Too true, but with that last shot in the video, I think it's a fair assumption.

The only other "pink" suit I can think of from SEED would be Lunamaria's ZAKU Warrior.

When you think about it, this could be a smart Bandai pick.....talk about a mold-milker with all of the different variations rather than an Athrun one-off.

Either way, I'm sure we'll learn more in the next month or two.

I do hope it's the Justice, my favourite mecha from SEED, even more so than Freedom. Since Freedom and Justice were based off the same frame in the anime and share some features, some of the work has already been done. Not to mention that a Justice MG should be easy enough for Bandai to modify into an Infinite Justice MG later on. :)

Sigh....is it too much to hope for 1/100 Gaia and Abyss? I know that its been long over and I have always been hoping since Destiny ended, but my 1/100 Chaos feels mighty lonely. Also I have this obsesive habit of completing a collection. Oh well...atleast I did get a Savior and Akatsuki. Both which had less time on air than Abyss and Gaia <_<

Just finished my Zeta Plus custom (Karaba production type). Its debateably the best ofth Gundam models i have currently assembled. Looks awesome, is a nice size, is tight in both modes.....just an amazing kit.

i might get another one...

i think Ill geta Tieren, though Im not a huge fan of the mech. I like the 00 series enought o want to grab more of them.

Cant wait for the flag though.

Got Astrea today. Started assembling; many similar part to the Exia. cool mech.

Does anyone else who have the Exia/Astrea have trouble witht he ball joint on one of the hips? On both of mine it keeps springing apart when i move the leg. I may have to glue it I think....

So finished Assembly on Zeta Plus and Red Frame Atray; both are cool, though i did a lame job of painting Astrays sword. Zeta Plus is one of my favourites todate; looks awesome in both modes, transforms well, cool colour scheme. I have a Zeta 2.0 on the way to me, so that will be one of the next ones I do, along with the Strike Noir.

That puts me at 11 completed MG, 1 1/60 Exia and one 1/400 Patolmaios. Not bad for a beginner :)

Do you mean the leg comes off when you pose it, or the parts holding the socket in come apart? Sounds like the socket is too small or the ball too big... if you wanted to retain posability, you could pick up some ball-joints from HLJ and replace the kit parts.

Ive glued the 2 halves together at the lock points, but kept the inner 'rubber' joint moving, which seems to have worked. I just found it odd that I had the same issue with the same leg on both Exia and Astrea. SInce they use many of the same parts i just wondered if it was a problem with the kit design, and if it happeend to nayone else.

Finally finished Astraea. Other than the shoulder antennas falling out if u look at it hard and the aforementioned ball joint hip issue, its a cool Gundam. The fold down heavy beam cannon and beam rifle both look great, as does the GN Sword on the arm. In fact the sword i almost like better than Exias, because it can still be stored witht he beam rifle in hand. In fact Im toying with getting a second one and modifying parts of it to fit with Exia. I think if i swap the swords over and give Exia the rifle Ill be slightly happier with the result. I like the Gun/sword combo, but i wish it could fold out of his hand like in the show. If he could store it while holding his hip blades for example, Id be more inclined to pose him with those attached.

Still, all in all its a cool looking Gundam, and fits the 00 Asthetic. Worth grabbing for sure.

Scored myself the 1/100 overflag yesterday, and put it togetehr today. Not having to panel line sure does save some time! ;)

It looks pretty good all told. It has some major stability issues in flight mode, and i feel like i have missed something in how it locks together, but otherwise that mode looks ok. The robot mode looks very cool, though the wings get in the way a bit of the arms and legs. it ooks great when posed though, and fits on my 00 shelf quite nicely.

Next: At home Im building the Ez8 MG, and at work the 1/144 Exia. Hopefully soon Ill have my Strike Noir and Zeta v2 to start on as well, but i havent heard back from Toy-wave yet.

God help me, why do there have to be so many Gundams?

I'm about to get a crazy amount of Gundams - namely all of the HG Double 00s and a couple of MGs as well :)

Of the MGs, I'm mostly looking forward to building the Unicorn Gundam.

Of the Double OOs, I just like the idea of having the whole collection - and I like the Tieren (sorry if I got that wrong) mold :)

But yeah -good Christ - there are A LOT of Gundams!

VFTF1

Finished my Ez8.

A Solid little kit, though not the best one ever. Loses a bit of flexability in places, and the backback makes it hard to balance out. Still, a nice piece, and feels very much like a CF kinda mech. a real troop unit. I dunno if it is or not, but it appears that way.

Do you guys know the final height of the upcoming 1/100 GFF Metal Composite Psycho Gundam Mk-II ? On the cartoon show, its said to be 40.1 meters.

The Zeong with legs is 30 meters. Standing at 1/100 scale, it tops at 14.25" inches.

So at 1/100 scale, will the new Psycho Gundam Mk-II stand at 19" inches? ... cuz that would be ***king sick!

I just found this site with some pics...it looks pretty big:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2008/06/gff...ndam-mk-ii.html

What do you guys think?

Edited by doodler7

see, I dont like that one. Thats the kind of Gundam i always hated; overly elaborate and kind of goofy lookin...

The Astraea F, however, looks awesome. I think with a little work, and some combining of parts of that and the Exia, you could get a different looking and cool mech out of that.

Wow! I'm loving that Musha Gundam!

My Gundams are all about to be sent over...so hopefully by the end of July I'll have built most of them and then I will present my beautiful Gundam collection (rather than the three paltry Gundams I have now)...

But I like the Musha!

VFTF1

Wow that full armored gundam exia model looks really good! Almost makes me want to start collecting gunpla again! The MG zaku needs more color though could pass for a 1/144 standard model with that color palette i might add...

• 4 weeks later...

Tieran Ground type is finished: I have to admit, I got it soley to get one of each type of 00 series MS, but once together i REALLY like it. It looks badass and imposing, cool weapons and even some ground troops! Awesome buy!

The Astraea F and Exia Avalanche are out as well now.

Damn, that looks awesome! i like the 00 more and more as I see it!

Can't wait for a 1/100 scale version! though of course there are still plenty of mechs from the first season we still havent seen in 1/100 (Thrones? Enact?).