Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

Just a question, is it possible to build a Sword Impulse from the MG kit that is coming out?

I also have hopes for a conversion kit otherwise, with Blast included. I always liked that design, but it was never popular.

The only thing you'll need is the backpack for the Silhouette module.
...and some red paint. ;)

Does anyone here have both the Crossbones Gundam MG and also the ver Kai MG? Other than the soft cloth cloak and possibly some colour differences, is there any difference in the structure of the crossbones MG?

Gundams are actually good to start off building and painting. Might move on after to more complicated kits later.

Does anyone here have both the Crossbones Gundam MG and also the ver Kai MG? Other than the soft cloth cloak and possibly some colour differences, is there any difference in the structure of the crossbones MG?

Have you looked at Dalong.net?

X1

Full Cloth

I have the Full Cloth version and it's still small, only it has a big cloth cape :)...that's not cloth...but you get the point.

Personally Crossbone is one of my favorite Gundams. I love the head sculpt, and the "crossbones" on the back which turn into the shuttle are a great touch. I like the boosters. It's a bit of a "generic" Gundam - which I personally don't like - but it'll do.

I doubt there's a difference- at least not as big as between Endless Waltz custom wing and Kai - where the latter transformed into a birdy looking mech...

VFTF1

Thanks guys.

I just bought the Luca's Strike E MG with I.W.S.P, and I can't wait to build my first MG kit.

The thing is, I looked back to my Infinite Justice, and i noticed that the paint on the edges were off. I used Tamiya spray can and a lat coat on it afterwards as well. What went wrong there? I haven't touched it in months. Was my final coat not well done? Should I have primed it?

i have 3 kits arriving today: the 1/100 Exia. Virtue and Kyrios kits. And later this week or next I plan to get the ptolmyios model I saw in Hobbyco (I hope it's still there).

Now i just need to find myself a Dynames. They're all over ebay, so it shouldnt be to hard.

Also, in case i didnt mention it, the 1/60 Exia is AWESOME!

sweet man. Whats the big thing in the last 2 pics?

Its the GP03 Dendrobium....or at least its the cut-down Gundam Fix Figuration version of it.

I don't recognize the RX-78 Gundam in this pic. What kit or toy is this one? MasterGrade One Year War vers?

It is the MG RX-78 ver. ka, It is more detailed the the other kits and has a more slender build, Very nice kit though, it looks like a GFF once air brushed and with decals applied.

Im a gundam noob, and I just finished watching some UC gundam (08th MS team, War in the pocket and Stardust memory)

Where is the best place to get some models from those shows? I really don't want to use HLJ, but if I have to..

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Necron_99

Here are some of the places that I shop at that are pretty good.

1. www.gundamstoreandmore.com

One of the best online gundam shops around IMO, they have every model kit you can think of for gundam and are rarely out of stock on anything

2. www.gundamshop.com

I dont really shop from here too much as they are almost out of stock on everything gundam related which is annoying.

3.www.imageanime.com

I have bought from here a couple of times and is a great store for almost all gundam kits. Unfortunately theyre out of stock on MG and PG kits quite often.

4.www.bigbadtoystore.com

This is a very good and reliable online store to get gundam stuff from, but if you wait too long kits will sell out quick.

Overall I think your best bet is gundamstoreandmore.com they have almost anything gundam related that you can think of and at a low price to, sometimes they have sales on their kits too, check it out if you can.

You can also try amazon.com they at a time were the best place to get MG kits at a VERY inexpensive cost. Few years back they had the PG Zaku for EXTREMELY cheap I think maybe by mistake, and alot of people (including myself) took advantage of it.

You can also try amazon.com they at a time were the best place to get MG kits at a VERY inexpensive cost. Few years back they had the PG Zaku for EXTREMELY cheap I think maybe by mistake, and alot of people (including myself) took advantage of it.

I still have a few of those $20 W0s

are those the little ones? I dunno what they cost elsewhere but they're a rip off in Australia.

Finished assembling the Wing Ver Ka, and....I dunno. It's ok. I have a shoulder piece missing which I found a replacement for, but even then...Its kinda bright. I dunno whats up with the colours, I just know it doesnt look quite right.

other than that, it's ok. Possibly weaker than the Crossbones for me i think, making it the weakest of the kits i own for me.

Its a 1/100 (same as MG kit)

Here's a an HLJ link of the one at my local store.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949488

Are the metal one's better than the regular fix figs. I have a deep striker and a couple of other Fix figs that I'm not too fond of. Are the metal one's still made of the gasphon material?

thanks

If your not satisfied with some of the current fix lines I doubt youll like the metal composite... Most of the metal portion is on the legs and feet. The body uses the same material as the current fix line though, PVC I guess.

If your not satisfied with some of the current fix lines I doubt youll like the metal composite... Most of the metal portion is on the legs and feet. The body uses the same material as the current fix line though, PVC I guess.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Metal Composite GFF RX-78. But I think it's bit too expensive. For less than half that price I'd rather get a MG kit and just snap it together w/o paint. It'll look just as good.

I have the RX 78 2 and the Psico Gundam Metal Material ones and ther are no-way-near the normal FIX line. None of them use PVC but mailnly ABS and Diecast. Maybe there are some PVC parts but not much at all. This toys are more close to a bigger scale High Complete Model Pro with diecast content... like a SPEC line.

Also there are no pieces falling or flopping arround, both the toys I have are pretty tight, well detailed and decaled.

I would NEVER buy the Fix line as I trully find it horrible, but the metal line is a different story.

I have the RX 78 2 and the Psico Gundam Metal Material ones and ther are no-way-near the normal FIX line. None of them use PVC but mailnly ABS and Diecast. Maybe there are some PVC parts but not much at all. This toys are more close to a bigger scale High Complete Model Pro with diecast content... like a SPEC line.

Also there are no pieces falling or flopping arround, both the toys I have are pretty tight, well detailed and decaled.

I would NEVER buy the Fix line as I trully find it horrible, but the metal line is a different story.

Well thats a good thing to hear but FYI the fix line is just fine IMO. Theyre really not meant to be played with too much and theyre more like pre built models then toys. That and theyre not nearly as expensive as say a valkyrie is... If they were so terrible they would have been discontinued long ago but alas they survive. The quality IMHO is waay better then what you would get from a regular 1/100 scale model or an MSIA and thats saying alot for a figure.

Well thats a good thing to hear but FYI the fix line is just fine IMO. Theyre really not meant to be played with too much and theyre more like pre built models then toys. That and theyre not nearly as expensive as say a valkyrie is... If they were so terrible they would have been discontinued long ago but alas they survive. The quality IMHO is waay better then what you would get from a regular 1/100 scale model or an MSIA and thats saying alot for a figure.

Nah... all PVC toys are junk. If the line is still arround is because Bandai brainwashed you and all the FIX line fans...

Now on a bit more serious note... if you like it buy it. I dont like the Fix line so I dont buy them... that makes total sense.

Do you have any picks of the Psycho Gundam metal material...I didn't think it was even out yet. BTW the RX-78-03 is on sale for $40..rather than $113....can't decide though. I do like the low vis look though.

Got some Gunpla news from Gunota.

Figure stuff can continue here - Gundam Figure Thread if you'd like.

Via Gunota:

47th Shizuoka Hobby Show

The show doesn't officially start for another 15 minutes but, as in the past couple of years, Run Chicken S is already posting the news first:

MG G Armor

MG Guntank

HGUC Kämpfer

MG Zaku Cannon - August

MG Zaku Tank (exhibit only)

After years of rumors............FINALLY A GUNTANK!

no pics yet :(

But here are others:

HGUC Kämpfer doing the limbo:

HGUC_Kampfer_runchick.jpg

MG G Armor ad -- includes the "new and improved" Gundam 2.0:

MG_GArmor_runchick.jpg

MG Zaku Cannon:

MG_ZakuCannon_runchick.jpg

MG Zaku Tank exhibit:

MG_ZakuTankExhibit_runchick.jpg

What's with the red tail light in the last two pics?

Edited by GRAND CANNON

The Psico Gundam is been out for a long time now. I got mine last year. Now there is a new psico comming out soon, a bit different design.

I will post some pics as soos as I have the time.

I have the low vis rx, it is a nice toy. If it is only 40... go get it! Maybe is the Red vertion, that one comes without the plane-part-no-body-cares-about so it is cheaper.

Im pretty much done with gundam collecting at this point but its good to see theyre focusing on more zeon units though... and about that pic with the MG RX-78 ver. 2... I think its time they stop making reiterations of that same model! Seriously every year another form of it comes out! Oh well at least theres something new and different coming to the table, I look forward to more info on the show.