Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

I haven't bought a Gundam in years, but if that Unicorn Gundam actually does transform like it looks to, *and* has LED's I am so buying it. Clear parts like that are worthless if they don't actually light up----pink chrome or your basic "transparent paint over silver paint" would have looked better in that case. LED's are so common in MG/PG, and with the new itty-bitty semiconductor ones being cheaper and more popular than just a few years ago, it could have tons of them everywhere. (of course, wiring is still an issue--maybe it'll have wires throughout the skeleton, like a nervous system)

Still---if it lit up, wouldn't they have shown that by now?

Still---if it lit up, wouldn't they have shown that by now?

Yeah.

While I would also love to see a lit-up special edition,

previously released kits were released at the same time as the regular editions.

--- i.e. Full Burst Strike Freedom and Extreme Blast Destiny ---

So, needless to say, it appears doubtful one will show up.

I want to get into painting Gundam models, especially after some of the awesome customs I've seen recently. Has anyone used Tamiya spray paints for plastics, and can they recommend for or against?

I have an old Badger single-action airbrush too; we bought it over 12 years ago to screw around with doing t-shirts, but that never came to fruition (since we sucked at trying to figure out paint type, thickness, etc). Would anyone be willing to advise on using it, as well?

Tamiya spray cans are the best spray cans out there. If that doesn't work for you, nothing else will be better/easier.

As for airbrushes---MW's own wm cheng uses a basic single-action Badger 200. I think airbrushing is pure skill and experience---personally I've never seen a "really good" person use a fancy double-action Iwata or anything. They use 20-year-old stuff, and the results are from sheer practice.

To be fair, the advantage a double action AB can give you over a single-action is /huge/ if you can train yourself to it... it IS alot of skill and practice more than technology, but the benefits to a skilled ABer of double-action can be big. It's alot more flexibility if you're willing to take the extra time to get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Blech... i started off as such a simple and unique design too. Why did it have to transform into a white and glowey SEED design?

Uhh...where were u all this time? :huh:

And that is awesome! I want it!

I am thinking it would look better with face guard kept closed.

• 2 weeks later...

And for you 00 fans, Dalong.net has the 1/100 Exia up. At least Bandai is taking the time now to clean the lineart and make proper proportions for their 1/100 kits now.

And BTW, 1/100 Kyrios and 1/100 Dynames are also coming. I'll just wait for an MG of those. The GSD 1/100s left a bitter taste in my mouth.

via Gunota:

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

jpf.jpgThis month's hobby mag news

MG Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Under development, multi-color mold, core system, G-Armor linkage

MG MS-06R-1A High Mobility Zaku II Ver 2.0 - Black Trinary colors, 4,725 yen

HG Tieren Taozi

Also currently under development is the next MG after the Gundam Ver. 2.0, which is said to incorporate some kind of new technology.

Only 2 more Zaku II re-colors to go after this one.......then the F2s........

Wonder if that "next MG" will be the Bionic Woman? :p

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Am I the only one SICK of every new RX-78-2 coming with the stupid G-Armor? It's a ridiculous looking add-on that just makes every 78-2 figure cost twice as much.

You are wrong!!!

It will cost more than twice as much.... personally I don't care for another 78-2, how many different kit out already?

.....how many different kit out already?

GENERAL RELEASES

1. RX-78-2 Gundam (7/1995)

4. RX-78-3 Gundam G3 (3/1996)

28. RX-78-2 Gundam ver. 1.5 (6/2000)

53. RX-78/CA Gundam (Casval Rem Deikun's Custom) (8/2002)

57. RX-78-2 Gundam ver. Ka (12/2002)

67. PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam (12/2003)

78. RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (3/2005)

78a. RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (TV Colors) (BOX) (7/2007)

104?. RX-78-2 Gundam ver. 2.0 (?/2008)

LIMITED EDITIONS

RX-78-2 Gundam (Crystal) (BOX) (10/1996)

RX-78-2 Gundam (Metallic) (BOX) (8/1998) - 20th Anniversary

RX-78/CA Gundam (Casval Rem Deikun's Custom) (Metallic) (BOX) - Plamodel Radicon Fair (Japan)

RX-78-2 Gundam (Victory Ceremony Demonstration Colors) (BOX) (12/2005)

RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (Extra Finish) (BOX) – Gunpla Expo 2006 (Japan) (8/2006)

RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (Kunio Okawara Illustration Image Colors) (BOX) (12/2006)

RX-78-2 Gundam ver. 1.5 (Katsumi Kawaguchi ver.) (BOX) (8/2007)

RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (MS Sensen 0079 ver.) (BOX) (10/2007)

RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. One Year War 0079) (Theatrical Edition Colors) (BOX ART) (11/2007)

RX-78-2 Gundam (CLEAR Crystal) (BOX) – awarded to a Modelling Competition winner

RX-78-2 Gundam ver. 1.5 (Metallic) (BOX) – Bandai Museum

Quick look gives the number at 20 so far......

From an 'evolution' standpoint, it actully isn't that overwhelming: 1995 --> 2000 --> 2002 --> 2005 --> 2008

It's when you toss in all of the milk-the-mold-variants that can cause the aggrivation.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

IIRC, the original MG (ver. 1) was a nightmare. Posing was poor. Proportions were wrong. Most of that was fixed in ver. 1.5. Ver. Ka brought a stable frame. OYW editions brought a new range of posing to the MG line and now we have ver. 2, which should fix most of the problems they had with the RX-78-2.

• 3 weeks later...

This Gundam kit reviewer received a MG Unicorn store sample kit.

There are 20 sprue trees and transformation manual is about 4 pages long.

The reviewer noted there are so many tiny parts and the kit in fact features perfect transfomation.

It is made entirely of ABS, no poly-caps (soft joint parts) like other recent MG kits.

He updates his site every day, so stay tuned...

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ossan-obahan1-2/e/e3...42c733f6bae3ce8

I haven't built Gundam kits for a while, but this might put me back to PG like hell..... :ph34r: