Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

I can't give you any details about the models you are interested in,

but I can help you on some general info on Gundam models.

HG = High Grade

- 1/144 scale

- considered as the "el cheapo" versions of models

- not so detailed

- no inner frame (= endo-skeleton of the gundam)

- limited articulation

MG = Master Grade

- 1/100 scale

- has inner frame

- good amount of detail

- plenty of articulation for a model

- good amount of different models to choose from

PG = Perfect Grade

- 1/60 scale

- considered as the be-all and end-all of Gundam modeling

- inner frame

- plenty of detail

- plenty of articulation

- includes electric wiring for lights (e.g. eyes of the Gundam)

- not so many models to choose from

- expensive

HG, MG and PG model kits are pre-coloured and are snap-fit,

so theoretically no paint and glue is required.

For some clear shots of the models go here: http://dalong.net/

Hope this helps you out a bit.

thats great thankyou

i have that link and have been looking at the kits

just a hard one to choose as i think its out of these 2 personally just wish i had the money for both lol

ive seen the kits built up but they do need panel lining just to give it that bit more, but i dont know what panel liners there are or what size etc

thats great thankyou

i have that link and have been looking at the kits

just a hard one to choose as i think its out of these 2 personally just wish i had the money for both lol

ive seen the kits built up but they do need panel lining just to give it that bit more, but i dont know what panel liners there are or what size etc

I'd buy a PG ^_^

Lot of fun building them!!!! Articulation and inner details from the endo-skeleton are incredible.

After seeing this image, I am quite impressed by the seemingly underwhelming design. Really much more than meets the eye... I might pick up the upcoming MG grade model for the first time. And looking at all the stuff you guys posted, this Gundam Unicorn might actually be an awesome comeback of the UC universe that lots of fans have been waiting for. Very nice stuff.

unico3.jpg

After seeing this image, I am quite impressed by the seemingly underwhelming design. Really much more than meets the eye... I might pick up the upcoming MG grade model for the first time. And looking at all the stuff you guys posted, this Gundam Unicorn might actually be an awesome comeback of the UC universe that lots of fans have been waiting for. Very nice stuff.

What I always like about UC-era mecha was the uniqueness of the different designs. This thing looks like everything else we've seen recently.

Zeta is a great example. You've got the gundam, the palace athene, the O, the qubeley, the gaza, the rick dias...they might not all appeal to everyone (and therefor not sell as many kits/toys), but their diversity made them interesting.

This unicorn looks to me like all the other wing/seed/etc. gundam mecha I've seen: just another look-alike gundam, but with a gimmick. Maybe I don't see what the fans see because I don't pay enough attention to the modern gundam mecha, but to me they've lost what made them interesting. I don't want them bringing that aesthetic into the UC world, at least not anymore than they already have.

What I always like about UC-era mecha was the uniqueness of the different designs. This thing looks like everything else we've seen recently.

Zeta is a great example. You've got the gundam, the palace athene, the O, the qubeley, the gaza, the rick dias...they might not all appeal to everyone (and therefor not sell as many kits/toys), but their diversity made them interesting.

This unicorn looks to me like all the other wing/seed/etc. gundam mecha I've seen: just another look-alike gundam, but with a gimmick. Maybe I don't see what the fans see because I don't pay enough attention to the modern gundam mecha, but to me they've lost what made them interesting. I don't want them bringing that aesthetic into the UC world, at least not anymore than they already have.

I somewhat agree & disagree. After almost 3 decades of various Gundam shows, its really not as easy to find a good variant that is unique and appealing at the same time. Zeta is a good example because it really is the best Gundam show design wise (though aged and lack detail compare to today's model kits). But even other UC stuff, they always look-a-like to a degree. In some case, it was purposely done so. I do agree that this Unicorn doesn't excel on the uniqueness. But when you look close enough, it doesn't have the Seed/Wing vibe really(other than a nod to the Astray Red, which is the only Seed thing I like), where things are simplified and colorful and almost super robot like. Its very FIX with good, complex design shapes, and of course, very Katoki, and sports the details that we see a lot in modern depiction of UC stuff. So in that, I respect, and I love the gimmick. A first for a UC Gundam, while not getting too wild like the G Gundam stuff, with a monochromatic color scheme with glowy red bits. The enemy mechs echo heavily on the Char's Counter Attack designs.

Haven't seen much great UC designs the past few years (aside from some Advance of Z...yup, back to Zeta again). So I am glad some nice design like Unicorn coming along. Not that unique, sure. But at least they look good and has some nice gimmick.

From Gunota:

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New plamo news UPDATED

From Hobby Search:

MG Unicorn Gundam Ver. Ka - December, 5,250 yen

MG Sazabi (Metallic coating ver) - December, 14,700 yen

From Happinet Online:

HCM-Pro Hi Nu Gundam - December, 4,410 yen

HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - December, 3,150 yen

HCM-Pro Gundam Virtue - December, 3,990 yen

1/100 Gundam Exia - November, 2,415 yen

1/100 Gundam Dynames - December, 2,415 yen

HG Gundam Virtue - December, 1,575 yen

BB Senshi Sonken Gundam - November, 525 yen

BB Senshi Ryofu Tallgeese - December, 2,100 yen

Edit: Many of the Happinet items now have preview shots up as well as the following:

HCM-Pro SP Ground Type Gundam

HCM-Pro Guncannon Master Marking Ver.

HCM-Pro Char's Zaku Master Marking Ver.

MG Sazabi, S.E.? Hope they fixed the joint problems. :lol:

The Unicorn Gundam MG looks like you'll have to swap parts between normal mode and NT-D mode.

I hope i'm wrong though. I'd expect MG kits to at least have perfect transformation. I'm still curious how the face transforms into the NT-D one though. Apart from the horn opening up into V-fins, the rest of the head looks different.

MGUniconGundam.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I do hope for a close to perfect transformation though. If its just part swap, it kind of ruins the gimmick for me. Guess just need to wait & see.

And no wonder its so Char's Counter Attack influenced...the story timeline follows right after. U.C. 96.

Edited by mpchi

I think good parts of the Unicorn transformation are BS either way, so I don't expect PT...

I don't know you wouldn't think that it can perfectly transform. Near as I can tell, all of its "transformation" is just parts sliding around or raising up and sliding around. The only place the kit might have trouble is on the head where the parts will be very small.

There were a couple detailed shots of the head TF, and it looked like alot of sliding out magic panels and whatnot... and I still don't buy some of the armor bits around the foot/ankle...

Any links to said detailed shots? I'm really curious how it works.

And about the foot ankle, it looks like an armor flap covers the feet in Unicorn mode but moves upwards in NT-D form to form the traditional feet guard on most Gundams.

Pulled from someplace that pulled it from Hobby Fanatics:

Unconfirmed releases for Feb. 2008.

MG Legend Gundam

HGUC Nu Gundam

HGUC ZZ Gundam

PG Freedom Gundam

frm Hobby Fanatics

A PG Freedom I can see, but a MG Legend? Did the 1/100 Legend look that bad that they had to redo it as a MG? Or are we milking? Something doesn't look right about that. Maybe some fanboy's wild speculation.

I don't remember where the shots came from... and I think that my biggest beef with the ankle area is that some par the parts just magically switch between the foot and lower leg without any mounting bits or anything...

Not entirely magic as I can think of an easy mechanism that does that. But what's the functionality of the flap moving from the bottom leg to the top? Its probably entirely aesthetic.

Not entirely magic as I can think of an easy mechanism that does that. But what's the functionality of the flap moving from the bottom leg to the top? Its probably entirely aesthetic.

It's just the classic ankle armor. From a design perspective, it's definitely just aesthetic. Continuity-wise? Extra armor.

Oooooh! Finally, the return of the PG line!

Seeing how much Bandai's technology has advanced (just look at the recent MG), the Freedom could end up looking very nice B)) .

Wish they milked the PG Strike frame by doing an Astray.

Or are we milking?

"Milking"?

Bandai?......."milking"?

Shame on you for the thought!! :p

I agree with you on the Legend, seems odd. I guess a Freedom PG isn't too far-fetched, though.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Holy crap....the MG IS transformable. Awesome.

I'm still not sure how the head transforms though.

The face plate slides into the sides of the 'helmet', the horn opens up to become the v-fin, and the vent housings on the sides of the head swivel vertically 180 degrees.

A PG Freedom I can see, but a MG Legend? Did the 1/100 Legend look that bad that they had to redo it as a MG? Or are we milking? Something doesn't look right about that. Maybe some fanboy's wild speculation.

There's been some speculation online that since the MG Destiny box art had the Legend in the background, that it could be released as MG. Guess they might end up releasing the GSD quartet (Strike Freedom, Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice) in MG form after all. ^_^

So, is Bandai "milking?" A-yup. :lol:

Plamo Radicon Show 2007 pics are starting to sprout thanks to Gunota:

HGUC Re-GZ

hg85_PR_chick1.jpg

MG Unicorn ver. Ka (I'm still keepinmine in 'non-flash' mode)

mg110_PR_gunplasecret1.jpgmg110_PR_gunplasecret2.jpg

MGLTD Sazabi & Nu (Metallic)

mgltd37_PR_chick.jpg

You can be sure more bigger and better pics will follow over the next bunch of days......

I've got some new pics of Unicorn.

post-1705-1192116153_thumb.jpg

post-1705-1192116168_thumb.jpg

post-1705-1192116183_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking it might light up, since all of its flash parts are clear red, and they aren't nearly brightly colored enough to match any of the art. Also, the box art makes it look pinkish, so that also pushes me to believe it may had an LED system.

Edited by Shmitty