Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

The blue is the grey parts on the mecha , shown in the lineart on top left. Probably bad lighting or prototype colors. I'm sure they'll look ok once released. ;)

The blue is the grey parts on the mecha , shown in the lineart on top left. Probably bad lighting or prototype colors. I'm sure they'll look ok once released. ;)

405695[/snapback]

It's more likely the color dye they used when they mixed the mold. Yes, it is grey. I've seen this among the Seed line of models and a few MGs. There's a blue tint to the grey that they use. I've had to correct it a few times to a proper grey. It really isn't the lighting but the dye they use. The dye is probably close to the lineart, but once they mix it in to the plastic, the color is diluted throughout the mold and ends up close but not correct. Many of the MG weapons have a blue or dark grey tint to the black parts, which I often correct to a true black color.

Here's some WIP shots of my first PG.... I'm in love. Almost everything's matte sealed, and next up is taking it back apart after the photos and weathering :D

On a side note, how are the hands on the PG Gundam and PG MkII? The fingers pop off kinds easily on my GP-01, and I was wondering if the other PGs' hands are a bit more durable....

post-2015-1149863245_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149863261_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149863273_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1149863288_thumb.jpg

Uhh, it's an interesting mix of paints.... the blues are Apple Barrel craft paints (much better blues that GW for a fraction of the cost,) but the red and yellow and metals are GW, and the white is GW Primer over Krylon Grey Auto Primer with a black inkwash.

I don't know about you guys, but i've been reading hobby magazines and see the Hazel featured alot in them and lately, the Hazel seems to be like a "kibble-bot" fest. The initial "armored" version of Hazel was pretty cool , then the later incarnations came about making it into various forms of Mobile Armour ala Dendrobium, attaching various appendages to the Hazel MS. You get various MA-ed Hazels that look fugly with things sticking out everywhere and "booster-shield" things strapped in every nook and cranny of the MA.

Has this become some kinda fan joke where fans attempt to just kibble-lise the Hazel, which is otherwise a pretty nice design?

I dunno about the motives, but I agree... there has been a surge of 'let's see how many things we can cram onto the Hazel frame' kitbashes lately... some good and some... not so. It is a kickass suit otherwise... wish we could get a 1/100 scale kit of it.

I just finished building the two HGUC Hazel kits bought two weeks ago and are now waiting for the Hrududu add on to be shipped to my home. Hopefully by then I can complete the actual "final" form of the Hazels.

I really dig these two kits. A little small, but they look cool in my book. I only wish they were bigger.

Wait a minute, you're new to the Gundam scene right? How the hell did you score a PG Zephyranthes?

Relatively new... I started getting into Gundam like 3 months ago with 8th MS Team.... I got my PG off of www.gundamstoreandmore.com for my birthday in April. Actually, I bought it some time in January and it sat around till my b-day. I'm gonna get a PG MkII and the Glorious Series 1/60 scale Rick Dom next B))

It's not really that difficult if you look around on the internet, ebay, online stores, etc etc....some places still have 'em in stock.

407564[/snapback]

Yeah , I guess i was just too fixated on getting a deal.

Wait a minute, you're new to the Gundam scene right? How the hell did you score a PG Zephyranthes?

Relatively new... I started getting into Gundam like 3 months ago with 8th MS Team.... I got my PG off of www.gundamstoreandmore.com for my birthday in April. Actually, I bought it some time in January and it sat around till my b-day. I'm gonna get a PG MkII and the Glorious Series 1/60 scale Rick Dom next B))

407567[/snapback]

It totally sucks that they don't ship outside the US. I want a Zephyranthes too!!! :(:(

• 2 weeks later...