Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

so according the gunota, there's a OYW ver. RX-78-2 in TV colors coming out in july, but it will not be the MG 100...

Guess that means RX-78-2 ver. 2 gets knocked off my list of guesses.

Guess that means RX-78-2 ver. 2 gets knocked off my list of guesses.

it may end up being the RX-78-2...maybe the all white w/ silver and red trim, the colors that tomino originally wanted the RX-78 to be...well, that's if tomino has any say with this kit... hopefully it won't be something crappy like the destiny gundam <_<

Is there a picture of Tomino's original coloring for the 78-2? I knew it was supposed to be white, but I've never seen an actual pic for the trim and stuff... I've got an extra PG lying around and that might not be a bad scheme to use...

Well, here they are.

Here's a pic I have of my MK II. It's a cell phone pic, but better than most.

[attachmentid=42226]

Here's one of my RXF-91. The head piece needs repair.

[attachmentid=42227]

Some rather horrid shots of my G-3. I had a better one, but I can't find it. I have some good shots taken in San Francisco, but my friend has given them to me yet. Still, you get the idea. The custom paint scheme makes her my pride and joy.

[attachmentid=42228]

[attachmentid=42229]

I have some more, but they aren't too clear.

Group shots

[attachmentid=42230]

[attachmentid=42231]

Again, sorry for the lousy quality, but I've been needing to post pics for too long.

post-1202-1177549556_thumb.jpg

post-1202-1177549785_thumb.jpg

post-1202-1177550109_thumb.jpg

post-1202-1177550199_thumb.jpg

post-1202-1177550390_thumb.jpg

post-1202-1177550411_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up my first Gundam kits in a VERY long time, since I-Justice which was just a horrible job in my opinion.

I managed to get DSSD MS ASTRAY, and Stargazer 0_o I can't wait to put these together.

I haven't built a 1/144 in a very long time and I wanna start getting back into model building again.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't actually watched TurnA, but I am very excited they decided to do an off-beat suit instead of another 78-2! If this looks nice, it's a definite buy for me!

Watch it. You won't regret it. Turn A is probably the best Gundam series there is. Some of the MS are goofy looking, but if you can get past that the action is fantastic. However, where the show really shines is in drama and character development. Also, Yoko Kanno did the music. :D

NO! NO! NO! the 100th mg is the Turn A, NO! :angry::)

I should have waited, I just bought the HG 1/100 version not so long ago. DAMN YOU Bandai for keeping your mouth shut.

Watch it. You won't regret it. Turn A is probably the best Gundam series there is. Some of the MS are goofy looking, but if you can get past that the action is fantastic. However, where the show really shines is in drama and character development. Also, Yoko Kanno did the music. :D

The MS certainly look better in action. Especially the Turn A itself. When the gust of smoke comes out of its mouth after it turns on. It just looks PISSED. Very awesome. Once you see it in movement it just looks like a very pissed off mobile suit.

The MS certainly look better in action. Especially the Turn A itself. When the gust of smoke comes out of its mouth after it turns on. It just looks PISSED. Very awesome. Once you see it in movement it just looks like a very pissed off mobile suit.

Oh, yeah. The Turn-A designs look odd still, but once they start moving, they work. Really well, too. The Flat looks distinctly stupid, until you see how it works in the series.

Also, the Turn-A designs will, by and large, still seem bold and striking decades from now, long after the last Strike Freedom Justice Providence Blitz Wing Zero Custom has been consigned to the bargain bin... :)

Hmm. Slightly less excited now, if the images doing the rounds are the ones of the actual MG - they appear to have trimmed the 'tache.

The moustache is the point, dammit!

None of the actual model images are of the MG. The MG is only line-art at this point, the images floating around are all modified 1/100's. I just included the image in my post since it came from the linked site.

yup that is true the custom one they showed was real nice to i would love one like that.

chris

None of the actual model images are of the MG. The MG is only line-art at this point, the images floating around are all modified 1/100's. I just included the image in my post since it came from the linked site.

I do like the trimmed tache' done by Hobby Japan so much better...

Line art shows more familiar ver. of Turn A though.

I just pulled out Kapool and FLAT from my closet.

I like those better than Gundam IMO. Flat is the ultra super articulated. Lots of fun.

Is WoDom finally coming out? I guess not...

Edited by konimon

ame='Shmitty' date='May 18 2007, 12:33 PM' post='488603']

Oh good - if they are thinking of a short 'tache, the least they could do is include a long pointy one as well. Mind you, this is Bandai, who wouldn't spring for green plastic for the MG Ingram visors...

...and a joke plastic moustache as well, for the owner. :)