Gundam Figure Thread

Hmm...  talk about originality at least they continue with AU line like Gundam Heavyarms.

397998[/snapback]

what gundam heavyarms?

Gunota says,

"HCM-Pro Jagd Doga Quess Paraya limited version

Plamo-ya San's Useless Diary Ex-S says the HCM-Pro Quess Paraya Jaga Doga will be sold only on a limited basis. The figure will likely either be available at an event like Chara Hobby as an exclusive item or otherwise as a limited edition like the Green Divers HCM-Pro's."

I say, (if it's the former option) GITS! :angry:

Like I said before, it's the GM Sniper Custom from MSV. The GM Sniper Ground is just a regular GM Ground with a big gun. The GM Sniper Custom is at least a sort of separate design. The GM Sniper II would be cool, too, but I'm excited to be getting the GM Sniper Custom, which I also like a lot.

first pic of the GM Sniper Gundam Fix, not what i was hoping for maybe when i see the finished figure i may think otherwise, i kind of figured the RX-78 would be just the normal Ver ka that they just released, just in a different color. not a big release if i do say so, i am far more interested in the ZII

Why does Mr Katoki want to mess with the MSV Sniper design :(

the original design was cooler

post-186-1147330683_thumb.jpg

post-186-1147330712_thumb.jpg

post-186-1147330742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Tom

first pic of the GM Sniper Gundam Fix, not what i was hoping for maybe when i see the finished figure i may think otherwise, i kind of figured the RX-78 would be just the normal Ver ka that they just released, just in a different color. not a big release if i do say so, i am far more interested in the ZII

398267[/snapback]

This design FAILS.

I'm not a big fan of MSIA or FIX, but where are the big Bandai figures?! I love the 1/60 (or really close) figures like the Wing, Gp01/02 and the God gundam, etc. And furthermore why in the hell to we get a Wing Zero Custom PG, which i thought was cool, but we can't get any other PG, or even MG from the Gundam Wing line. I would rather have a Deathscythe or Heavyarms in PG than the custom. Maybe even an Astray Red Frame. By the way, I just bought the 1/60 Wing Zero kit (the REAL zero, not the Custom) and has anyone else built it and how is it? I haven't got it in the mail yet.

I'm jealous if you have this usionWorks GM Sniper, I've been looing for it and cannot find it from the regular places I buy the Gundam Ultimate Operation figures. I'm hoping to find it at Anime Expo, it's a cool looking figure.

if GFF made GM Sniper II like the Gundam Ultimate Operation, that would be awesome!

398268[/snapback]

398267[/snapback]

Cos he makes more money that way while working less... coming up with a totally original design must really hurt his brain or something. Why bother when fanboys eat it up when he can just take someone else's original design and make it look like a Volvo version of the original.

Hey all,

I just ordered my first HCM Pro, the RX-78-2... am I in for any surpises or dissapointments? I figure I'll panel line and detail it a bit, and clean up the weapons, but ultimetaly, I want this to be a playable figure... is that what I'm getting? I know that the FIXs aren't really playable, and I was too lazy to get the EMSIA, so I was hoping that these cute little guys were mostly playable...

Hey all,

I just ordered my first HCM Pro, the RX-78-2... am I in for any surpises or dissapointments?  I figure I'll panel line and detail it a bit, and clean up the weapons, but ultimetaly, I want this to be a playable figure... is that what I'm getting?  I know that the FIXs aren't really playable, and I was too lazy to get the EMSIA, so I was hoping that these cute little guys were mostly playable...

399724[/snapback]

hi yes they are playable, it may be hard to panel line because they are really small, i decaled mine up alittle bit and it looks awesome, you should check out the Nemo as well.

chris

I only have one which is the zeta. Its pretty cool but became floppy with extended play. Maybe the floppiness is due to its transformation.

most Zetas due to their transformation become floppy after a little bit of time, this seems common on all of them.

chris

Hey all,

I just ordered my first HCM Pro, the RX-78-2... am I in for any surpises or dissapointments?  I figure I'll panel line and detail it a bit, and clean up the weapons, but ultimetaly, I want this to be a playable figure... is that what I'm getting?  I know that the FIXs aren't really playable, and I was too lazy to get the EMSIA, so I was hoping that these cute little guys were mostly playable...

399724[/snapback]

If that 2 on the end there designates the MkII then you'll get exactly what you're looking for. If you brought the first Gundam then you may be a little dissapointed as it had some loose joints being as it was the first figure from the new line.

Bandai ironed out all the little flaws like that some time ago and the MkII is a very solid and fun figure.

Zeta is always going to be a problem due to all it's moving parts and tiny locking clips but for the size and detail the Pro version is very impressive.

Well, bear in mind that the first four figures, Gundam, Guncannon, Zaku & Rick Dom all had loose joints, My doms lower arm falls off at the drop of a hat but that's first generation products for you unfortunately.

399877[/snapback]

like i said a while ago, i wish some of the toy companies that i grew up on made anime content, those where pretty sturdy compared to the rubbery-plastic gundam wing "action figures" i got a few years ago. and im serious the consistency of the plastic was like realy hard rubber, it bends like a twist tie!(i might be exagerating a bit on that)

the HCM Pros aren't that soft a material, are they?

HCM Pros use the same hard plastic as Gunpla models. A few special will come in soft plastic, e.g. the V-fin and open hands. They usually include a hard plastic version of V-fin as well.

Ooops.... really?  Ah well, which ones are really good then?  The MKII, and which others?

EDIT:  Are they fixable joints like, with clear nail polish or something?

399927[/snapback]

Every other Pro I have (and that's pretty much all of them) is fine, it really is only those four that have issues and of those the RX is the most solid anyway.

all pros are made of good hard, solid plastic, chew toys they're not.

Maybe this is old news but take a look at this giant 1/24 RX-78-2 Gundam.

scroll down to the last pics on the page and you'll see how big it realy is.  :o  :blink:  :wacko:

400172[/snapback]

the scale on some of the parts seem a little off, the hands seem a bit big for example

wow i hope those are for real, i would love a mg f-90

chris

Unfortunately, that MG F90 was for "exhibit only" at the Shizuoka Hobby Show. Depending on the response, will probably define whether or not we will see a MG/HCM.