Gundam Figure Thread

I believe that is 1/100 RX78 figure stand next to the Z plus.

Yes, this thing is HUGH :lol: and expensive! (18,900円)

Wait, are you guys sure that those two photos compared are in scale? I think the RX-78 ver. Ka is scaled down a bit. The 1/100 scale is around 7". That Zeta on the stand is gotta be around 14" tall!

Wait, are you guys sure that those two photos compared are in scale? I think the RX-78 ver. Ka is scaled down a bit. The 1/100 scale is around 7". That Zeta on the stand is gotta be around 14" tall!

I don't know about the photom if it has been 'retouch'...

I own a RX78 Ka, it is not scale down... it just the same size as 1/100 MG RX78. B))

And keep in mind that the Zeta is bigger than the Gundam when comparing MS vs MS....and then you add the Booster Units... :o

Looking ahead, this could be a great release for Sentinel Fans!

Releasing the S, Ex-S, and/or even (dare I say it!) the Deep Striker in the 1/100 Metal Composite line doesn't seem far-fetched at all!

If this the case, start saving now.......

Has anyone heard about this?

New 1/144 GFFN ZII is coming next march.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN955903

http://www2.moeyo.com/img/08/11/19/5/546.html

I hope they will make 1/100 MG of it.

From Ngee Khiong:

G.F.F.N Z2

- N = New (Actually it's Next Generation - GC)

- An array of different materials used, including metal parts for the joints.

- Parting lines between the parts will be covered

- Painting level-up

- The rifle's gimmick requires part-swapping

- Beam saber can be stored in the knee storage rack

- Option to change the V-Fin between hard and flexible ones

- Waverider transformation more stable

- Late March release, 8,190 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Edited by GRAND CANNON

I believe that is 1/100 RX78 figure stand next to the Z plus.

Yes, this thing is HUGH :lol: and expensive! (18,900円)

Good golly... damn... part of me wants 4 of these to display in every way possible... but at that price tag even 1 is stretching my wallet. The Z-Plus is my favorite gundam though. It actually has a non embarrassing transformation, and strikes a good balance between looking cool and looking utilitarian.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought id bump this thread as no one has discussed gundam figures in a while... All I'm seeing now are more figures for gundam 00 but the designs aren't as appealing to me as some of the UC designs.

I guess im more of an ol'skool gundam fan as these new figures appear to be all the rage lately... I wish they would make an MG of avalanche exia... Some ppl say it has too many attachments but it reminds me of the super gundam mk. II from zeta gundam which I thought looked pretty cool.

Anyone purchased the improved Kahen Senshi Z Gundam ? Just to know the difference between this one and the old version.

Thanks

Well I have the original kahen senshi Z gundam and from what I can tell its basically the same as the old version... It still has problems with the legs regarding stability and its still hard to get in a good pose without falling off the shelf.

Its just a reissue from what I hear... It didn't really have ne improvements from the original.

In the time being I`m making a custom from many old MSIA, since old ones some of their parts don`t hold that well. The custom I`m making are from :

1- Head Gundam Heavyarms.

2- Body, arms and legs Gundam W0.

3- Shoulders and skirt with joints Gundam NT-1.

As soon I`m done I`ll post the pic.

It`complete and it looks nice. I`m making a second one :) , Pics very soon.

I wonder if Bandai made single GN Drive parts ?

And here it is my custom Gundam :

Ah looks like you took a buncha HCM pro or MSIA spare parts and put them together... looks a little messy the the design is ok... LOL seems like I'm the only one here excited about gundam figs atm... Right now they're a cheap alternative to macross figs and they're small and take up very little shelf space.

• 2 weeks later...

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/200...nightgunda.html

May not be your usual Gundam fix, but from all the reviews I've read, this turned out to be a very fun awesome toy. The first prepainted SD Gundam action gokin figure of Bandai's new SDX line (not a lot of metal though, but still neat). Very cool for those that have fond memories of some of the old SD Gundam model kits 10-15 years back, or those like me that used to play some of the Banpresto video games with this Knight Gundam on the Super Nintendo. Lots of option parts to play with. Apparently, its selling like hot cakes in HK.

Edited by mpchi

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to the Robot Spirits line. I finally caved and got the 00 Gundam and I have to say, it was actually better than I expected. Very tight QC (at least on mine) and a nice feel to the toy all together. Nice sculting and articulation as well. I purchased the HCM Pro version before this and I think the Robot Spirits line looks to be the better choice. The only thing that sucks now is finding money to keep up with all of the stuff coming down the pike. I hope Bandai makes a Turn A Gundam to go with the X.

Great intro post to the updated list ;) (still have to update some gallery pics, though):

ROBOT 魂 (DAMASHII) – THE ROBOT SPIRITS

R-001 GN-0000 00 Gundam (BOX) (TRAY)Gundam 00 - (10/2008)

R-002 GN-007 Arios Gundam (BOX) (TRAY)Gundam 00 - (10/2008)

R-003 SVMS-01X Union Flag Custom II (GN Flag) (BOX) (TRAY)Gundam 00 - (11/2008)

R-004 GN-006 Cherudim Gundam (BOX) (TRAY)Gundam 00 - (11/2008) — Incl. stand for shield bits

R-005 IFX-V301 Gawain (BOX) (TRAY) - Code Geass - (12/2008) — Incl. stand

--SP-- GNR-010 0-Raiser - Gundam 00 - (12/2008) Able to merge with 00 Gundam; incl. stand

--SP-- 00-Raiser Trans-Am Set - Gundam 00 - (12/2008) — Trans-Am colors; ‘luminous’ parts; incl. stand

R-006 Type-02 Guren Mk II (Aerial Type) - Code Geass - (12/2008)

R-007 GN-008 Seravee Gundam - Gundam 00 - (1/2009)

R-008 GNX-704T Ahead - Gundam 00 - (1/2009)

R-009 GNX-609T GN-XIII (A-Laws Use) - Gundam 00 - (2/2009)

R-010 GNX-704T/AC Ahead (Mr. Bushido’s Custom) - Gundam 00 - (2/2009)

R-011 Concept-X6-1-2 Turn X - ∀ Gundam - (2/2009)

R-012 GNR-101A GN Archer - Gundam 00 - (2/2009) — Able to merge with Arios Gundam

--SP-- Arios Gundam + GN Archer DX Set - Gundam 00 - (2/2009) — Trans-Am colors

R-013 Zangetsu - Code Geass - (3/2009)

R-014 Akatsuki Jikisan Type - Code Geass - (3/2009)

R-015 GNZ-003 Gadessa - Gundam 00 - (3/2009)

R-016 GNZ-005 Garazzo - Gundam 00 - (3/2009)

R-017 GNX-704T/SP Ahead Smultron - Gundam 00 - (4/2009)

R-018 GNX-609T GN-XIII (ESF Use) - Gundam 00 - (4/2009)

R-019 Shinkirou - Code Geass - (4/2009)

R-020 Lancelot Albion - Code Geass - (?/2009) - Listed as "Tentative"

R-021 Nirvash Type the End - Eureka 7 - (?/2009)

R-022 Unidentified <SIDE MS> (?/2009)

R-023 Unidentified <SIDE MS> (?/2009)

R-024 Nirvash Type ZERO - Eureka 7 - (?/2009)

R-025 Unidentified <SIDE MS> (?/2009)

R-026 Unidentified <SIDE MS> (?/2009)

R-027 Unidentified <SIDE MS> (?/2009)

R-0?? RX-78GP01 Gundam Zephranthyes - Gundam 0083 - (?/2009?)

R-0?? VF-25F Messiah - Macross Frontier - (?/?)

I am doubting the VF-25 being released with the VF100s hitting the shelves, but you never know....

Anyone else pick up the Megabloks RX-78-2? Suprisingly nice and posable. Also, the stand and Amuro minifig kick ass!

I have the Zaku II and I wasn't impressed. Always wanting to fall apart, pieces don't fit together that great (a common trait with Mega Bloks unfortunately), not all that poseable IMO.

Supposedly, though, they're coming out with a smaller RX-78-2 with an inner frame system that has much more posability. We'll see what becomes of that.

Vostok 7

Successor to the Mobile Suit In Action and In Action!! Offshoot lines incorporating new material design technology.

In other words, just another reason to release 1,000 more verisons of the RX-78-2 Gundam! :lol:

Yes! My favorite... thankfully I only actually own two RX-78-2s... the PG, which I'm converting to something else, and the initial HCMPro release, which is awesome.

Is the new Robot Soul line still awful PVC like MSIA, or something better? The pics make it look like a more resillient material closer to ABS, but it's hard to tell. I'll buy that GP-01FB if it's not PVC and has as good of articulation as the 00 machine you linked.

I have the Zaku II and I wasn't impressed. Always wanting to fall apart, pieces don't fit together that great (a common trait with Mega Bloks unfortunately), not all that poseable IMO.

Supposedly, though, they're coming out with a smaller RX-78-2 with an inner frame system that has much more posability. We'll see what becomes of that.

Vostok 7

That's surprising, considering how well my Gundam hold together. The only problem I've had is posing the left arm when the shield is on, as the shield's really heavy. But I don't use it on him anyway, it looks cooler hanging on the rack behind the stand.

Is the new Robot Soul line still awful PVC like MSIA, or something better? The pics make it look like a more resillient material closer to ABS, but it's hard to tell. I'll buy that GP-01FB if it's not PVC and has as good of articulation as the 00 machine you linked.
As you can see on the link, it's a mix of the three types, ABS, PVC, and POM. Which parts are which and how much probably depends on what figure it is. They appear to more 'crisper' than the MSIAs and have gotten pretty decent reviews.

So they're switching the In Action!!! line to the New Material Technology? No more gashapon'd PVC? Geez, just when I decided that I was going to focus on ONLY the HCMPs. :angry:

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I just placed the order for a Jumbo Grade Zaku, anyone else got any of these big figures?

Yep, always been a huge fan. Old pics below, but they're good for comparing the size relative to the 1/144 Kado Senshi and FIX Figuration figures. I've since added the Jumbo Grade Zeta Gundam as well (not in the pics). The finish on the Zeta is a bit more plasticky-looking, as opposed to the more matte, painted look of the older Jumbo Grades. But it's also about a head taller (huge) and transforms into Wave Rider mode.

1whole1no1.jpg

7gundambottomxa4.jpg

Edited by emerson

Thanks for the pics... I grabbed the real-type production Zaku... I plan on adding some paintwork, and maybe basic leg articulation so it can look at home terrorizing my 1/35th scale tanks. Can you snap some close ups by chance? I'm especially curious about the hands... are they just hinged, or really articulated like some product subscriptions suggest?