Gundam Figure Thread

Any idea what the metal parts are in it.

Don't recall where this originated from, but you can see where some of the die-cast is located. Guess it's just strategically located in the skeleton.....

IPB Image

....and...here's another HCMPro -79G shot...

IPB Image

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Checking HLJ and I found this, strange Guntoa didn`t report it.

Actually they did report it, on Feb 3.

The battle-damaged RX-79G looks awesome, but I think the regular RX-79G just comes with some optional parts (seen on the sprue in one of the pix) that allow you to customize the 'clean' version into the 'damaged' version. Presumably you'd have to paint it yourself.

Definitely, getting 3 of the RX-79G, it looks great. I note there is no beam rifle though. :(

I guess that means they will probably release an Ez-8 with beam rifle.

Wonder if we will get the hover APC as well?

Graham

I kinda understand the nick nacks of field repair but that grille covering the cockpit is weird. How is the pilot supposed to get out? :lol:

That grill doesn't cover the cockpit hatch, which is on the top part of the chest, in front of the neck on the RX-79G.

Graham

I see. Its a chest canopy like the Freedom and Justice instead of the normal torso one. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY got my HCMPro Sazabi... gave up on the BBTS preoder and got it from HLJ (on SALE!) and it is simply gorgeous. One of the best HCMPros by far. I just wish it had a way to display the deployed funnels...

Well FINALLY. :D

How about the Sazabi-E? Got it yet? The Sazabi-Pro is a great piece but I love the Sazabi-E more, problems and all. :)

Well I would like to say it seems that I finally stopped buying Gundam figures and kits (only if something special for the 30th Anniversary) cuz I lost interest and because so many new toys on the horizon with the Bandai`s new In Action! Offshoot line like EMSIA, CM`s upcoming Legioss-Tread set and ... the new Macross products from the upcoming new show :) .

I gotmy HCMSazabi, but my E-Sazabi is still on preorder from BBTS... the HCM Sazabi is more for dsiplay, but the E-Sazabi is gonna be for much more playing with. Glad to hear it is a good figure... I'm looking forward to it.

I received the HCMP Qubeley over the weekend, and boy, Bandai has really raised the bar with this one. Some features:

1. The top of the head pops off and the eyes turn,

2. The beam saber hilts stow properly in his wrists, and the wrists are articulated to facilitate removal,

3. The toy is painted iridescent white with a hint of pink,

4. Articulation is great throughout (of course, Qub is always a bit limited in articulation just due to the design, but Bandai did a great job here)

5. Each funnel is individually removable.

If I had a complaint, it'd be that the hips are a touch loose. But this toy reminds me once again of the utter ridiculousness of the notion that Takara's AG series is on the same level as HCMP. I enjoy the Takara AGs that I own (Fatty Land Type and Diving Beetle) but the degree of intricacy and engineering in the best HCMPs is easily an order of magnitude greater.