Gundam Figure Thread

I do. :D I have the rerelease of the RX-78-2 (Blue Box) and the Real Type Zaku II (Green Box).

I have never taken them out of the box, but they're just so cool to have. They're just so, well, big! :D Definitely status symbol items to add to one's Gundam collection. :) I was able to snag both for a $120 apiece a year ago this month.

Too expensive for me :( but i saw a GUNDAN (fake) on ebay for about $60 and i was thinking of getting that, but i'm no sure :unsure:

I have a GUNDAN I bought at AX for $80. By far my favorite robot toy.

So would you say getting the GUNDAN is better than getting the real one? How well built is the GUNDAN is it made of cheap materials?

So would you say getting the GUNDAN is better than getting the real one? How well built is the GUNDAN is it made of cheap materials?

I've never handled let alone seen a real Jumbo Grade Gundam, so I can't say much for the comparison between the two. But the Gundan is made from pretty good quality materials, some kind of almost-soft plastic that's quite sturdy. I could probably toss it at a wall and it wouldn't ge damaged, not gonna test that out thought.

Unless you want an original for collectibility purposes, the Gundan is probably a good choice since it's a lot cheaper and looks pretty good, with lots of decals (although they do say "Gundan"...) and airbrushed shading.

I thought I had some nice side-by-side pics of the JG Gundam and Gundan, but I can't find them right now (typical).

There are some pics at an older Toybox DX article:

http://www.toyboxdx.com/rumble_archive/rum062602.html

(scroll down a bit)

I've always wanted to snag one of them to accompany my Academy MK II pictured in the back.

IPB Image

.....someday.....

I thought I had some nice side-by-side pics of the JG Gundam and Gundan, but I can't find them right now (typical).

There are some pics at an older Toybox DX article:

http://www.toyboxdx.com/rumble_archive/rum062602.html

(scroll down a bit)

I've always wanted to snag one of them to accompany my Academy MK II pictured in the back.

picture

.....someday.....

That Gundam MK II looks cool, I wonder if theres a big version of the Zeta, I have a 1/60 scale Zeta an 80s model kit (can't afford the PG version :( ), but is there an even bigger one?

The GUNDAN on ebay is greenish gray or brown not like the toybox dx one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gundam-Jumbo-Grade-L...VQQcmdZViewItem

Edited by kung flu

Reposting my (crappy and old) pics from an earlier post in this thread. I happen to LOVE the Jumbo Grades. I've since added the real color version as well...Can't deny their presence.

picture

Oh wow, those are huge, I can't decide wither to get one or not, It's a matter of having enough space for them :o

Oh wow, those are huge, I can't decide wither to get one or not, It's a matter of having enough space for them :o

Yea, they're gigantic. And heavy! They may have practically no articulation, but since I don't play with my toys, I only require that they look good haha. The 1/144 figures (Gundam FIX, Kado Senshi, etc.) come up to the ankles of the Jumbo Grades. But beyond their size, they're also beautifully sculpted, painted and weathered. Super solid display pieces.

Yea, they're gigantic. And heavy! They may have practically no articulation, but since I don't play with my toys, I only require that they look good haha. The 1/144 figures (Gundam FIX, Kado Senshi, etc.) come up to the ankles of the Jumbo Grades. But beyond their size, they're also beautifully sculpted, painted and weathered. Super solid display pieces.

What scale is that sazabi? It looks bigger than my MG version.

The box for the jumbo must be pretty big, did shipping cost a fortune?

What scale is that sazabi? It looks bigger than my MG version.

The box for the jumbo must be pretty big, did shipping cost a fortune?

Yea, shipping for the jumbos is pretty expensive, as it's heavy too. According to HLJ, box size and weight are: 61.4 x 36.5 x 23.5 cm/3600g. Note that this is the second, "Marking Type" version, and not the first non-marking version. http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN938531. Personally, I prefer the original.

As for the Sazabi, not sure about scale. 1/60ish? It's part of the DX MSiA line that was repackaged for sale here in the U.S., though I purchased the Japanese-boxed version from a seller in HK back in the day. Same one here: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN908095. There were also Nu-Gundam, GP01FB and GP02 releases in the line, as well as comparable DX Shining Gundam and Dragon Gundam toys. You can see the Nu-Gundam in the above pic, sans the fin fannels.

Edited by emerson

Well, I guess this could belong in Gundam figures topic. My GP01, GP02A bust + Zabi family & Cima Garahau figure. emerson I like your displays, I wish I have the room to get the Jumbo Green Zaku :)

post-186-1168845863_thumb.jpg

post-186-1168845878_thumb.jpg

post-186-1168845892_thumb.jpg

post-186-1168845920_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess this could belong in Gundam figures topic. My GP01, GP02A bust + Zabi family & Cima Garahau figure. emerson I like your displays, I wish I have the room to get the Jumbo Green Zaku :)

are those gundam heads G-system?

Because of the price and shipping, I think its best to get a Gundan. The real one is just way out of my league :(

Edited by kung flu

Oh snap Major Tom, where did you get that Zabi family figure set. Are they gashapons, PVCs?

Oh sh*t, the white gundan i saw on ebay has gone, someone must have bought it, i was really going to buy it as well. Looks like its just the brownish grey one left.

Major Tom - Did you paint those g-system kits. I would get these kits, but I'm not much of a modeler.

kung flu - yep, those are G-system. It's about $195 before shipping. But hobbyfan also have unfinish kits available

baronv - the Zabi collection is by Haro Cap available at HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80634

Thanks Major Tom, that thing is da bomb. I'm into collecting PVCs of Gundam characters. I wish they made some for the War in the Pocket of Bernie and the kid and from o8th MS Team.

Thanks Major Tom, that thing is da bomb. I'm into collecting PVCs of Gundam characters. I wish they made some for the War in the Pocket of Bernie and the kid and from o8th MS Team.

I like having PVCs of the pilots to pose with the mechs as well. Baron V, you know they did release one of the female Gundam NT-1 Alex pilot, if you want one of her.

I've finally decided not to get a gundan, instead I'll get the real Jumbo Grade. Found a place in my country taking pre-orders and it works out cheaper than buying from Japan.

Thanks, Major Tom! Those G-System busts look great, but the price has always left me a bit cold on these. Some great pics over in a recent thread at ToyboxDX are making me reconsider though...Very tempting.

What do you think of these? Worth the price? Do you have a list of which busts have been released thus far?

hey guys thought i might share my first MG strike freedom pics with you guys, just started on the internal skeleton.. :p

Looking good, did the gold parts come pre-coloured or did you paint them.

hey guys thought i might share my first MG strike freedom pics with you guys, just started on the internal skeleton.. :p

Is the "Full Burst Mode" supposed to be released in very small quantities? Cuz i want that one. I don't like the "gold" that comes with the normal version. I prefer it plated with Blings blings.

;)

I like having PVCs of the pilots to pose with the mechs as well. Baron V, you know they did release one of the female Gundam NT-1 Alex pilot, if you want one of her.

Yes, thanks for the info. I did get the Alex pilot last year when that female Gundam PVC set came out since I like getting the Gundam characters in their flight uniforms. I wish they got Bernie or the kid made as well.

Extensive galleries of the MSIA Zudah:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/happinetonline/006/index.html

http://www.geocities.jp/rx78_mia/zudah1.htm

And some more glam shots of the 1/100 FIX Composite:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?vgForm=Product...ate=review.html

post-1479-1169844601_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1169844757_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON