Gundam Figure Thread

Considering Heavyarms is the only Wing design that I really like, I'll probably be getting it. Hopefully they make a Heavyarms Custom as well.

I'll probably get he Tieren Space-type as well even though I'm not a huge fan of the head :lol: And the Gouf Custom is on my list too.

As far as other "should-dos", I was just thinking about my Xamel suggestion and I think the best way they could do it is make it convertible to a Hildorfr, since they are clearly related. Then they could make the Zaku Gunner and Zaku Rangefider from Gundam Secret Weapons. :D

Vostok 7

I've placed 1/144 (E)MSiA next to 1/150 buildings and 1/144 tanks. It's not until you can see that a Zaku II's taller than a five-storey building, or that a Sazabi can stomp comfortably on a Tiger I and still have leftover space under the foot, that you get a sense of how massive MS can be.

Aren't MSIA supposed to be closer to 1/170 scale?

Yes, I believe MSIAs are around 1/173ish:

hcmpro_scales.jpg

EMSIAs are supposed to be the same scale, but due to the re-designs, they may turn out to be larger or even smaller than the regular MSIAs.

Here are some examples and click my siggy for some more pics:

EMSIAvsMSIA.jpg

I was fairly sure that somewhere on the EMSiA box, they did mention it was 1/144. Nonetheless, if they are 1/170(ish), it just means the Sazabi gets an even bigger footprint "in real life".

Quite amazing there actually, to consider that we even dream about building something that is so big and complex, much less to build them in sufficient quantities to wage wars with.

• 2 weeks later...
my Xamel suggestion and I think the best way they could do it is make it convertible to a Hildorfr,

Vostok 7

Would that be for the Zeonography line?

Either way it is a great idea since the Xamel is only as a model and MSiA.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there actual decent sized Gundam Figures? I only ever see the really tiny one...

By decent size - what do you mean?

The 1/60 Perfect Grade models get pretty darn big. I think most folks generally like the 1/100 scale for Gundams.

If you mean toys and not model kits, there isn't much variety outside of the 1/200 HCM Pros and 1/160-70-ish MSiAs. I really like the recent 1/144 Super-HCM Pros though (but there's no telling how long this line will continue - so far only 2 models)

Here's an old pic of mine showing:

-- 1/43 Academy MK II

-- 1/60 DX suits (GP-02A, GP-01Fb, and Wing)

These ones are big, chunky toys.

-- 1/60 Hybrid Toy-Model F91

-- 1/100 MG Sazabi & Nu

-- Assorted MSIAs

Gundam1.jpg

There are also the Arch Enemy figures out there that are about 10"-11" tall(?)

Have to look around for them and then there's the will to spend to get them.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Good photo there showing some of the best non-PVC Gundam toys... someday I've gotta get a DX GP-01FB... I'm curious about that massive Mk II... never seen it before. Got any more details about it?
It's a Korean bootleg by Academy. The also made a Musha-version called the General Marshall.

It's huge, heavy and chunky. It has some basic articulation, so no dynamic poses, but so what! The thing is humongus!

Here's an old article from about the time I bought it back in '99.

http://www.toyboxdx.com/ramblearchive/r-9903.html

just scroll to the bottom of the page.

I may be able to dig some archived pics, if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...
Shizuoka Hobby Show pic: a Super HCM Pro NT-1 Alex Gundam in the works!

Original full size pic here: http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_show_album/j...ka2008/0195.htm

Holly F*, nice find!

And I see the Zaku II Kai behind the Alex protos (to the right of all the green zakus)!

They are skipping normal HCM-pro and going straight fot the S-hcm. Go 0080!

Well - times have changed.

The only Gundam "figures" I ever saw were these little ugly fellow with even less detail... I was happy to discover the models... now I see Bandai makes..figures as well... hmm...interesting...verrrryyy interesting, oh yes :)

VFTF1