Gundam Figure Thread

I actually thought the Big Zam is sillier. The Zeong wasn't that bad, compared to many other super-robos of that era.

You hit the nail on the head. I've always thought that original Gundam is more like a Super Robot show rather than the real robot anime that it's fans claim it to be, especialy in regard to the increadibly goofy mecha designs. Near indestructable super mecha (Gundam) fighting a different monster mecha of the week, as happened in many episodes.

My views tend to be in the minority though.

Graham

You hit the nail on the head. I've always thought that original Gundam is more like a Super Robot show rather than the real robot anime that it's fans claim it to be, especialy in regard to the increadibly goofy mecha designs. Near indestructable super mecha (Gundam) fighting a different monster mecha of the week, as happened in many episodes.

Graham

I'll join that minority, although some Gundam shows are less super robot-ish than others. 08th MS for example, is more real robot than Wing

And the mini skirt remark was pretty funny IMO. :lol:

Graham

To be honest, the Zeong always reminded me more of one of the dolls from Grey than something from Gundam. It just doesn't fit (although, as has been stated before, Gundam has had some wonky mecha).

I like 08thMST, CCA, 0080 & 0083 and agree they are more real robot than super robot.

Sorry, I can never take the origianl series seriously, the mecha are just too goofy.

Graham

Which would you prefer more, the Gundam TV series or the three part movie? I like the movie because it got rid of the more goofier mobile armors and stuff, but I like the TV series from the standpoint that there is a lot further depth to the story and characters. I myself like the original Gundam (TV series and the movies) because not only did it launch the real robot craze, but it still kept its super robot roots making for a real unique experience.

Edited by Apollo Leader

Its actually a "three-fer":

------- â€HIGH MOBILITY ZAKU EX†( MS-06R-2 High Mobility Zaku II (Robert Gilliam’s Custom) , MS-06R-2 High Mobility Zaku II (Gaby Hazard’s Custom) , MS-06R-2P High Mobility Zaku II (Elliot Lem’s Custom)) (8/2007)

IPB Image

;)

Speaking of Zakus.........I'm not sure where these originated from, but here's a Zeonography Zaku with a multi-personality disorder.....

post-1479-1180226326_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1180226342_thumb.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

• 2 weeks later...

From Guntoa :

More Super HCM-Pros in the pipeline

Famitsu.com interviewed a member of Bandai Hobby Division's planning & development team, asking if there were other mobile suits going to be sold as Super HCM-Pros. He answers that he wants Super HCM-Pro established as a product line, with mobile suits appearing in all the series under consideration, not just First Gundam.

Bandai sure loves our money <_<.

The most annoying thing about Bandai is that even though so many of us batty about them doing the same thing over and over again, they don't half make a good job of it. B))

I've already brought just about all of the Pros and am now eagerly awaiting the Super Pro RX-78, the most pimped out design of them all...

And I just can't help but drool at the thought of how great a Zeta toy this line could produce.

I just get sick of bandai switching their sizes. Pic a size for a line and stick with it. If it's HCM pro stick with 1/200. These super HCM Pro's are nothing more than sup'ed up MSIA's.

TO be honest Yamato does the same thing...start with 1/60, then 1/72, then 1/48, then back to 1/60. STICK WITH ONE FREAK'IN SCALE!!!

HCM Pro is still continuing with the 1/200 scale and they're starting to branch out with things like the Destroy Gundam (shoudla been the Psyco *sulk*). The super pro was meant to be a one off for the third anniversary of the line (I read somewhere, can't remember where) but popularity has encouraged Bandai to continue.

The bottom line is that the 1/144 super's will not replace the 1/200 main line up, they're just deluxe versions of popular suits. Buy your favourite to put somewhere cool and leave the rest. ;)

Let the Gundam 00 blitz begin:

EMSIA:

GN-001 Gundam Exia (?/2007) - Ad displayed at the Cub Ex 2007.

HCMPro:

43?-00 GN-001 Gundam Exia (9/2007) - Ad displayed at the Cub Ex 2007.

44?-00 GN-002 Gundam Dynames (10/2007) - Ad displayed at the Cub Ex 2007.

00 Region:

#???? GN-001 Gundam Exia (?/2007) - Ad displayed at the Cub Ex 2007.

:D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

The Super HCMPro Gundam reviews have also begun.

Not one of my favorite review sites, it is the first I am aware of:

http://akibahobby.net/2007/06/super_hcm-pr...8-2_review.html

More extensive one sure to follow.....

Looks nice & clean, gimmicky, and flexible as promised.

Yay, Pros!

Yeah, I know, they were totally expected but it is worth noting that this is the first time Pros have been released along side a current show and that it seems they might actually do all of the first four before the end of the year.

HCM Pro is still continuing with the 1/200 scale and they're starting to branch out with things like the Destroy Gundam (shoudla been the Psyco *sulk*). The super pro was meant to be a one off for the third anniversary of the line (I read somewhere, can't remember where) but popularity has encouraged Bandai to continue.

The bottom line is that the 1/144 super's will not replace the 1/200 main line up, they're just deluxe versions of popular suits. Buy your favourite to put somewhere cool and leave the rest. ;)

I just wish they would have made the super at the 1/200 scale and called it a delux. The super is very cool but whats the use of buying another oddly scaled mech when the rest of my pro collection is 1/200? Just make the 1/200 model better and include all the goodies. Hell they could probably even charge the same amount and we'd buy it.

I think that's great they're going to do others in the Super HCM Pro Style, given what the SHCM RX 78 can do and what it looks like on that review. Must get it...now.

Don't get me wrong...I want one but I'm not going to get it since it will just end up another oddly sized mech, out of place with the series it should be with. They could have / should have just made it 1/200 so it can hang with the others. Hell they could have just sold it as a weapons option set.

I think you've still got the wrong idea about this figure, I think it best to compare it to a movie toyline, you have a whole load of figures at the same price and size complete with vehicles and what have you and then you have a big 12" version of the movies hero because, well, it's the hero and they get special treatment.

That's what I see this as. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42-00 ORB-01 Akatsuki “Full Set” (incl. ‘Owashi’ and ‘Shiranui’ packs) (7/2007)

43-00 ???? (?/2007)

44-00 GN-001 Gundam Exia (incl. stand accomodating up to 4 moblie suits) (10/2007)

45-00 GN-002 Gundam Dynames (10/2007)

46?-00 GN-003 Gundam Kyrios (11/2007) – Ad displayed at the Club Ex 2007.

??-00 RX-79[G]Ez-8 Gundam Ez8 (?/2007) – Ad displayed at the 2007 Shizuoka Hobby Show.

??-00 RGM-79[G] GM Ground Type (?/2007) – Ad displayed at the 2007 Shizuoka Hobby Show.

Well, apparently the Jegan will be the 43rd release to finish out the CCA Pros. Originally had it listed as a "report":

??-00 RGM-89 Jegan (?/2007) – Planned via THESE ADs and displayed at the 2006 Plamo Radiocon Hobby Show.

But now I believe we have confirmation:

hcm43_magscan.jpg

On another note is information regarding the ”HCM Pro Special Mark Campaign”:

------- HCM Pro Special Mark Decals - Type A (EFSF, SEED, SEED Destiny) (7/2007)

”HCM Pro Special Mark Campaign” –- ???? pieces – One decal sheet is received at participating locations when a HCM Pro (including Super HCM Pro) figure is purchased beginning July 17th.

------- HCM Pro Special Mark Decals - Type B (Char’s Counterattack, Zeon) (8/2007)

”HCM Pro Special Mark Campaign” –- ???? pieces – One decal sheet is received at participating locations when a HCM Pro (including Super HCM Pro) figure is purchased beginning August 9th.

Some new figure news from various sources:

jpf.jpg New figure news

From Hobbynet:

GFF Full Armor Gundam - November, 4,725 yen

GFF Perfect Gundam - November, 4,725 yen

The info for both of the above says they'll have an increased range of motion because of a new inner frame.

MSiA Gundam Exia - November, 2,100 yen

MSiA Gundam Dynames - December, 2,625 yen

MSiA Gundam Kyrios - December, 2,625 yen

MSiA Gundam Virtue - December, 3,150 yen

-- Of note is whether the 00 releases will be standard MSIA releases or EMSIA releases as seen on the placard at the Club Ex show when the Exia was revealed. The price points on these could be either a) EMSIAs or B) MSIAs with a bunch of accessories/add-ons.

~~Me thinks they're EMISAs~~

Looks as if the ORB-01 Akatsuki w/ “Shiranui” Space Pack has been released:

20070719_a8f75d09268943dd73bd406Yy7.jpg

And, finally, appears there are some crystal versions sets of the MSIA Strike Freedom and Destiny out there, but I do not have any solid info on where they are from or how many pieces exist:

20070720_640dca5dfd43469fa87fQaoSIe.jpg

20070720_869d7acfc21cf01d19ae8NFhAZ.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

wow these are new???

GFF Full Armor Gundam - November, 4,725 yen

GFF Perfect Gundam - November, 4,725 yen

these are the first two figures released for trh GFF sereis are they releasing upgraded versions using the RX-78 Version Ka Fix body? or are they simply renewing the older armor are reconfiguring it for the Ver ka body? i would not mind seeing new ones the first two figures were the weakest in the set

Edited by zeo-mare

Some new figure news from various sources:

-- Of note is whether the 00 releases will be standard MSIA releases or EMSIA releases as seen on the placard at the Club Ex show when the Exia was revealed. The price points on these could be either a) EMSIAs or B) MSIAs with a bunch of accessories/add-ons.

~~Me thinks they're EMISAs~~

From the price range its for sure EMSIA.