6 Foot Long Daedalus Scratch Build Up

MechTech

Like Kicker's signature says, "That amount of Macross items concentrated in such a small area will likely cause an unwanted space fold to occur." You're adding to the phenomena even more now. :lol: I'm glad to see she's in a good home now!!! I'll have to show my family the video so they can see where their "other" family member went. - MT

JUST want to say thankx for your posting,, I now can make my Daedalus ship I'll be making mine 4 foot, longer & 7 inch's, wider .

1'st I have to get my Spray Booth made . got 1/2 of it done so far still researching other ting's till I get the Spray booth done,

take a look at my Gallery,, let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...

I heard the old movie link died, here it is again:

Correction, looks like after over a year, someone has blocked my video! :angry: - MT

Edited by MechTech

Hi Mechtech:

SME is Sony Music Entertainment. Sony does not have a licence for Macross music; Flying Dog does.

Youtube has an automatic copyright software that has taken down dozens of legitimate youtube videos in the last 6 months.

The youtube video system is also difficult in trying to get your video unblocked because of the guilty

before innocent stance that youtube makes for video uploaders.

You can contest Youtube for this copyright block, but you may run into some problems.

Vimeo might be better.

These multinational companies are getting me mixed up.

Victor Entertainment (not Flying Dog) produces / distributes Macross music and Sony appears to own Victor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Entertainment

So, SME might have a legitimate claim, but you also have the DMCA fair use clause for education purposes.

Edited by boinger

Sorry for the delay! No, it didn't! I replied to their original email, sent them other emails and sample pictures, but all I got was chirping crickets! So I gave up. - MT

I think in some ways we are lucky Sony doesn't own Big West or Humungy Gawd, else we'd likley not have this forum, let alone cool videos of MechTech's handy work.

So when do you start the Prometheus?

Thanks Big F! School and real-life projects like building a T-shirt screen-printing machine for a friend have kept me busy, but the plan is to redo the Daedalus as a kit in 1/350th scale along with the other 1/350th models that are getting casted right now. The full-sized Daedalus plan drawings are hanging on my wall right now crying out - "build me, build me!" - MT

Edited by MechTech

• 2 weeks later...

Can I say, as a late comer to this amazing project (and this site), that as I click on each page to the end, it was truly inspiring MechTech! I just recently got interested in building the boxes full of Macross models I've collected over the years. This has led me to this site and your project to look for ideas and inspiration to put more effort and detail in to what I'll eventually build. As best as you can I'd REALLY love to see the finished video once you find a way of re-posting it or even some finished images of this project in all it's different phases. Maybe I've missed them in going through this post but I'm also curious where the ship ended up. I assume you sold it? Where is it now and who has it? Again, maybe you already addressed these questions and I missed it. My apologies if so. Again, thank you for creating this and inspiring me and assuredly countless others. I know I look forward to your next projects as well as others on this site and their amazing work as well. Maybe once I'm done with one of mine I'll post as long as I think its good enough to share.

Welcome, JoeEPAtron! Thank you VERY MUCH and I appreciate it. Yes, all of the information you asked about is in the thread, you'll just have to find your way through all the pages. I'm going back to school so I don't have much time to model, let alone compose music, but I am working on it! I'm about 1/4 way done with the music. Do get some kits built and share with us! It will motivate the rest of us too! - MT

• 4 weeks later...

I think in some ways we are lucky Sony doesn't own Big West or Humungy Gawd, else we'd likley not have this forum, let alone cool videos of MechTech's handy work.

So when do you start the Prometheus?

Worse. We'd have the train wreck that is RT in a live action atrocity!

Edited by Zinjo

Can I say, as a late comer to this amazing project (and this site), that as I click on each page to the end, it was truly inspiring MechTech! I just recently got interested in building the boxes full of Macross models I've collected over the years. This has led me to this site and your project to look for ideas and inspiration to put more effort and detail in to what I'll eventually build. As best as you can I'd REALLY love to see the finished video once you find a way of re-posting it or even some finished images of this project in all it's different phases. Maybe I've missed them in going through this post but I'm also curious where the ship ended up. I assume you sold it? Where is it now and who has it? Again, maybe you already addressed these questions and I missed it. My apologies if so. Again, thank you for creating this and inspiring me and assuredly countless others. I know I look forward to your next projects as well as others on this site and their amazing work as well. Maybe once I'm done with one of mine I'll post as long as I think its good enough to share.

I have to agree with Joe here (BTW: welcome Joe!) This is one kick-butt project, MechTech! :) I'm re-reading this whole thread!