Who Honestly Likes The Gerwalk Mode Of Their Vf's?

Phalanx

I'm a big fan of idealized Gerwalk forms that you see in the Anime or as a gashapon(sp?) toy. It's a great way of showing that this vehical really is a hybrid form.

The Yamato 1/48th valk... not so much. It's not bad, but I don't like the way the legs angle. Either it's too far down, or not far down enough.

Can't put my finger on it, but there is just something about the original VF-1 GERWALK mode that looks really good. Perhaps it's the way the Kawamori lineart is drawn and the manner in which the GERWALK was animated that make the mode look so appealing on the VF-1. I like the GERWALK mode on the VF-11 and the VF-0, but I could do without most of the others.

As a part of the mecha fiction in Macorss, I don't really care for the mode itself and I think the uses of the mode are negligable. The abilities of the Valkyries enable VTOL in battroid and you can't efficiently hangar Valkyries in GERWALK anyway. It would be an interesting idea if some future Valkyries were designed without a GERWALK mode, making them more distinctive from their predecessors.

An educated man.

Well done, you have solved the mystery in deed. :D

You know what it is... the Gerwalk is CUTE!

Why?  It's got floppy limbs.  When it goes around corners, you see a little wiggle as the legs come swing around the rear!

The Times has a whole article bout this:

385721[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

You know what it is... the Gerwalk is CUTE!

Why?  It's got floppy limbs.  When it goes around corners, you see a little wiggle as the legs come swing around the rear!

The Times has a whole article bout this:

The Cute Factor @ NYTimes

385721[/snapback]

Man. That is funny.

The VF-1 is sweet in GERWALK, after that the GERWALK mode seems more and more like an after-thought.

383148[/snapback]

It's my understanding that it really was...

From what I've read it was discovered accidentally during the crash landing of a test flight.