The Mworld Poker Tourny

D, if you don't like the way Solscuud is handling things, why don't you volunteer to be the organizer of the con? From my vantage point, it seems like without Solscud the con might have died years ago. It's certainly not easy to take on the task of organizing an event like this, and to do it year in and year out...well that's just pure dedication. When others have fallen by the wayside, Nick has stepped up and been the one person we could count on to keep this thing going. I think he deserves a little understanding here because I'm sure, just the Ali Sama situation has at least been stress inducing. Anyone else here want to run things? I certainly don't. When you are planning for a group, it's impossible to make everyone happy. That's just how it is. Last year, i didn't care to pay for Mari. I didn't get a CD, didn't get an autograph, but I did listen to the interview and she was at least interesting. More value than I expected to get out of it. So, I'm trying to keep an open mind as to what festivities are planned for this year. You're not always going to get everything you want for the price of your admission. So, just make the most of it.

Personally, I think that if you charge 30 bucks for the poker entry, and that covers food for both days of the event, then that's good enough. Having the poker players subsidize the food for sunday's event is more than enough. The poker players may not all be macross fans, so it may not be such a good idea to burden the poker night so much. Perhaps if there is a star guest, do it like last year and add a fee. Maybe this year, we can get Reba West! If most of the people attending are willing to pay the fee to have a guest star appear, then most of the people will have fun at the con. Don't want to pay? We'll meet up with you after the con for dinner. Was a fun dinner too. Or look at it as, paying the entrance fee covers the cost of hosting the event somewhere not at your house and the person who is hosting the event is simply passing that money along to the guest. But I guess the whole money allocation is not what we're supposed to be discussing so I guess I'll stop now.

Edited by phatslappy

haha..... i found the perfect outfit for the girls to wear that serve us at the poker tourny!!!

P3008PI.jpg

P3008PI_2.jpg

actually..... Caroline was the one who found this and was interested in buying it.... woo hooo!!!!

would this make more people interested in joining the tourny????

D, if you don't like the way Solscuud is handling things, why don't you volunteer to be the organizer of the con? From my vantage point, it seems like without Solscud the con might have died years ago. It's certainly not easy to take on the task of organizing an event like this, and to do it year in and year out...well that's just pure dedication. When others have fallen by the wayside, Nick has stepped up and been the one person we could count on to keep this thing going. I think he deserves a little understanding here because I'm sure, just the Ali Sama situation has at least been stress inducing. Anyone else here want to run things? I certainly don't. When you are planning for a group, it's impossible to make everyone happy. That's just how it is. Last year, i didn't care to pay for Mari. I didn't get a CD, didn't get an autograph, but I did listen to the interview and she was at least interesting. More value than I expected to get out of it. So, I'm trying to keep an open mind as to what festivities are planned for this year. You're not always going to get everything you want for the price of your admission. So, just make the most of it.

Personally, I think that if you charge 30 bucks for the poker entry, and that covers food for both days of the event, then that's good enough. Having the poker players subsidize the food for sunday's event is more than enough. The poker players may not all be macross fans, so it may not be such a good idea to burden the poker night so much. Perhaps if there is a star guest, do it like last year and add a fee. Maybe this year, we can get Reba West! If most of the people attending are willing to pay the fee to have a guest star appear, then most of the people will have fun at the con. Don't want to pay? We'll meet up with you after the con for dinner. Was a fun dinner too. Or look at it as, paying the entrance fee covers the cost of hosting the event somewhere not at your house and the person who is hosting the event is simply passing that money along to the guest. But I guess the whole money allocation is not what we're supposed to be discussing so I guess I'll stop now.

383524[/snapback]

I know you can't make everybody happy...but nobody has said much about anything so I thought I'd get my OPINION out there. ultimately it's up to solscud, whom I do appreciate for doing this. but when I feel like I was being knocked for stating what I thought, that didnt' feel right to me and somebody with that attitude should not be heading these things.

If majority doesn't mind paying for special guests, then I can still choose to go or not...I'm not going to be a whiny little itchbay about it after the decision is made, but before then I'm going to suggest to try and make this a non-speical guest event where we can all chip in for food.

You guys asked for opinions, and that's what I'm giving.

and like you said, if $30 buy in can cover food for both days and prizes...great, I may still want to play...anything more, I doubt I will participate.

383524[/snapback]

I know you can't make everybody happy...but nobody has said much about anything so I thought I'd get my OPINION out there. ultimately it's up to solscud, whom I do appreciate for doing this. but when I feel like I was being knocked for stating what I thought, that didnt' feel right to me and somebody with that attitude should not be heading these things.

If majority doesn't mind paying for special guests, then I can still choose to go or not...I'm not going to be a whiny little itchbay about it after the decision is made, but before then I'm going to suggest to try and make this a non-speical guest event where we can all chip in for food.

You guys asked for opinions, and that's what I'm giving.

and like you said, if $30 buy in can cover food for both days and prizes...great, I may still want to play...anything more, I doubt I will participate.

383805[/snapback]

Well, I don't see anyone better stepping up to take hold of this event and I don't see anyone stepping up at all besides Nick to head this. So it seems to me like it's either Nick does it his way or we do it no way. And I'm quite sure that Nick's intention is for everyone or at least for as many fans here to have a good time at the con. I know that Nick can spew off sometimes and say things over the top, but I think you and I both know Nick well enough to know that he's always done a superb job of putting these cons together. So if you really don't think Nick should be heading this because he's got an attitude problem, then please put forth a solution.

Solscud, we really do appreciate all your hard work.

OK, so a couple of us decided to throw a poker tournament the day before the actual Macrossworld Con. As a way to entertain the people that come from different parts of the country and since the local people get together and play anyway. There will only be 30 spots open and I have a few people that are already asked for reservations. I\'ll post the people that expressed interest in being part of it, but you have to contact me for instructions to save your seat. When you PM me I will give you complete info. I wanted to keep the prizes a secret but it\'s already been revealed that a 1/48 GBP armor is one of them. But I can tell you this... that\'s not THE top prize.

Also, the friday before the tounament, we will have a really cheap all day cash game. Just to teach people that don\'t know how to play, but decided to join the tournament. People that didn\'t get in the tournament can join if they want. Or if you just want to sit in and have fun then, by all means, come down and play.

Just remember that\'s the Saturday, July 1st

Now, let\'s try not to derail from the thread.

Solscud, we really do appreciate all your hard work.

OK, so a couple of us decided to throw a poker tournament the day before the actual Macrossworld Con. As a way to entertain the people that come from different parts of the country and since the local people get together and play anyway. There will only be 30 spots open and I have a few people that are already asked for reservations. I\'ll post the people that expressed interest in being part of it, but you have to contact me for instructions to save your seat. When you PM me I will give you complete info. I wanted to keep the prizes a secret but it\'s already been revealed that a 1/48 GBP armor is one of them. But I can tell you this... that\'s not THE top prize.

Also, the friday before the tounament, we will have a really cheap all day cash game. Just to teach people that don\'t know how to play, but decided to join the tournament. People that didn\'t get in the tournament can join if they want. Or if you just want to sit in and have fun then, by all means, come down and play.

Just remember that\'s the Saturday, July 1st

Now, let\'s try not to derail from the thread.

383817[/snapback]

thread nazi! :D:p:lol:

GREAT! I just looked at the list and there's no sign of Khor. Kiririth, I just have to wait for someone else to take him out, and that GBP 1J should be MINE ALL MINE!

383816[/snapback]

haha... u that scared rob??? haha... u better be!!!!!

i actually kinda wanna get 2nd on purpose to win the VF-0S.... haha....

I seriously dont know why you jokers decided to post your MWCon gripes on this thread. There's like 3 threads dedicated to MWCon. If you idiots played poker like you choose threads to post on, then the GBP bundle will be mine!

:D

GREAT! I just looked at the list and there's no sign of Khor. Kiririth, I just have to wait for someone else to take him out, and that GBP 1J should be MINE ALL MINE!

383816[/snapback]

383857[/snapback]

hey dont try to make it like you chose to lose to me! When I win let it be known that I truly kicked your ass! That's unless you're too cheap to pay the extra cash if we up the buy in... hehehe!

Edited by >EXO<

I seriously dont know why you jokers decided to post your MWCon gripes on this thread.  There's like 3 threads dedicated to MWCon.  If you idiots played poker like you choose threads to post on, then the GBP bundle will be mine!

383916[/snapback]

I'm not posting my gripes. It was Danny and Nick who decided to have a fight in here. I just went along with them.

I seriously dont know why you jokers decided to post your MWCon gripes on this thread.  There's like 3 threads dedicated to MWCon.  If you idiots played poker like you choose threads to post on, then the GBP bundle will be mine!

383916[/snapback]

I'm not posting my gripes. It was Danny and Nick who decided to have a fight in here. I just went along with them.

384078[/snapback]

the funny thing is it wasnt danny's post at all that set me off. also in combination with a phone conversation with a certain person sort of definately put me i a foul mood.

Edited by Solscud007

383816[/snapback]

383857[/snapback]

hey dont try to make it like you chose to lose to me! When I win let it be known that I truly kicked your ass! That's unless you're too cheap to pay the extra cash if we up the buy in... hehehe!

383917[/snapback]

hahaha... then it has been predicted that EXO and I will be end up last and heads up in this tourny!!!! hahaha.... i'm gonna slow play it to the end baby......

• 3 weeks later...

7 seats left and I know I have people not on the boards that are Macross/RT fans that want to play.

We may have all the people we need, but if there's anyone that wants to join, MW people get priority. And if there's enough people, I'll start a new table.

I'm gonna start sending out instructions on how to send it the buy ins and lock your seats!

I just PMed everyone on that list. Please let me know if you didn't receive it or if you want to be added on that list.

The Tournament will now be held in Long Beach, CA, not Irvine.

Edited by >EXO<

• 3 weeks later...

awww... snap... I don't think I'll be able to play in this tourny.... I'm forced to go to a bday party by one of my close friends. :(

awww... snap... I don't think I'll be able to play in this tourny.... I'm forced to go to a bday party by one of my close friends.  :(

401350[/snapback]

How on earth do you get forced to go to Bday party??

Just cough up the cash and will put you in blind through out the game. :rolleyes:

awww... snap... I don't think I'll be able to play in this tourny.... I'm forced to go to a bday party by one of my close friends.  :(

401350[/snapback]

that's weak... We've had this planned for months now.

cool, I convinced my friend to move her bday thing a week before, so that you guys can go too! (you guys meaning the ones she knows) hehe. ;):D:p:lol:

it doesn't work that way foo

401663[/snapback]

So how does it work? You go on the trip. You win money in poker. But you don't pay up at all? It's supposed to be a free trip?

402414[/snapback]

I didn't say it was a free trip, I said it doesn't work that way pertaining to trying to guilt me into paying you back. And besides, I already told you I'd pay you when you get back next month.

• 2 weeks later...