Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

I was thinking how much i would like a Master Cheif Revoltech.

then i thought... i'd pretty much like a revoltech verson of EVERY character i've ever liked... this line could be habit forming for me if they go "all the way"

then i thought... i'd pretty much like a revoltech verson of EVERY character i've ever liked...  this line could be habit forming for me if they go "all the way"

414761[/snapback]

A Revoltech Misa or Millia might be very very wrong.....

:D

then i thought... i'd pretty much like a revoltech verson of EVERY character i've ever liked...   this line could be habit forming for me if they go "all the way"

414761[/snapback]

414765[/snapback]

I dunno man, Levy doesn't look too bad revy.jpg

414765[/snapback]

I dunno man, Levy doesn't look too bad revy.jpg

414809[/snapback]

Millia might pull that look off, but do you really see Misa in her uniform skirt with that split-leg look? :D :D :D

414765[/snapback]

I dunno man, Levy doesn't look too bad

414809[/snapback]

Millia might pull that look off, but do you really see Misa in her uniform skirt with that split-leg look? :D :D :D

414811[/snapback]

Misa could wear her Mars-Base-Exploration-and-Act-Like-an-Idiot Suit...

Really though they could put Misa in a dress, that sorta stiff rubber stuff might work.. i mean what poses were you envisioning?

The revoltech "giant nut" pose is just that, they could sculpt a more lady like pose for Misa if they wanted.

what i'd really like too would be a 1/48 scale revoltech Zentradi foot soldier!

414765[/snapback]

I dunno man, Levy doesn't look too bad

414809[/snapback]

414811[/snapback]

Misa could wear her Mars-Base-Exploration-and-Act-Like-an-Idiot Suit...

Really though they could put Misa in a dress, that sorta stiff rubber stuff might work.. i mean what poses were you envisioning?

The revoltech "giant nut" pose is just that, they could sculpt a more lady like pose for Misa if they wanted.

what i'd really like too would be a 1/48 scale revoltech Zentradi foot soldier!

414824[/snapback]

Well.. no comment on what I'm envisioning. :D

My Dougrams' are finally in the post, so I don't have one on hand to look at. But I don't think they can get away from the big-nut stance because the Revoltech joints are biggish, so they might have problems getting legs close enough together in a normal standing pose (Levy's sideways lunge is possible though).

The alternative to the big-nut stance, I suppose, is the super-birth-hips posture... which would be fairly out-of-human-shape at the scale they are sculpting at.

I won't mind a Zentradi foot soldier, but at 1/48 there are better joint systems. Takara's 1/6 bodies, especially their Type IIs, can be good; So are Dragon-in-Dreams 1/6 or BBIs -- all of them are about 12" tall and stand close to approximately 1/48 VF-1 height. That technology is quite mature, and I think there's even a fan-made Zentradi uniform that would go onto a 12" action figure (or man-doll as some call it).

Heck, just use the Pop-Box Hikaru figure and you're more than halfway there...

If I really want a Zentradi foot soldier with the Revoltech joints, I would prefer them to be of the 1/100 scale. At that scale, there are few joint system that look as good as the Revoltech -- Bandai's EMSiAs are good but not as cosmetic -- so they would be great for Zentradi foot infantry. Throw in 1/100 Destroids and with Toynami's 1/100 Perfect Variables, and we got a rockin' deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the revoltechs focus more on the poseability and accesories rather than the actual features of the figure. So i don't expect the legs to open up to show the gun storage compartment etc.

In other news, i just opened up my EVA01 revoltech. It feels very rubbery (the PVC), and the gloss is applied pretty badly. Some parts, the gloss layer is obvious and it can be "peeled" out. Despite that, its still a cool toy to play around with.

*mutter* *mutter* Looking at the list of Revoltech in the lineup in the pic, I think it's better to rename the line to EvaTech. So many Evas...

Anyway, Ingram looks good, just that seems to be no shotgun in the pack. Going to get one. :)

Sadly it seems no one has love for the Dante revoltech figure but me, i bought mine, and i love it. it is awesome as far as posing goes. I have to restrain myself everyday from constantly changing poses. Next i'm going for the getters

WOW

I just found out about this Revoltech line 15 minutes ago.

I've allready put in an order for the EVA-01, EVA-00(the black one) and the Ingram.

These things look amazing and at that price who cares if they're a little small.

I might have to get the King Gainer as well. Don't know which anime it's from, but I like the looks of it. I hope they'll do Guyver figures and more Patlabor figures.

WOW

I've allready put in an order for the EVA-01, EVA-00(the black one) and the Ingram.

These things look amazing and at that price who cares if they're a little small.

I might have to get the King Gainer as well. Don't know which anime it's from, but I like the looks of it. I hope they'll do Guyver figures and more Patlabor figures.

420460[/snapback]

Me too! This Revoltech line looks pretty sweet ... how many releases have there been? Anyone know where I can view a complete list?

Thx in advance.

:)

WOW

420460[/snapback]

Me too! This Revoltech line looks pretty sweet ... how many releases have there been? Anyone know where I can view a complete list?

Thx in advance.

:)

420621[/snapback]

Yeah it's a great line i'm very happy with the figures in relation to how much they cost. Def. looking forward to more Evas and Ingram. King Gainer i'll prolly pass on though. :D

Anyways as of now to the best of my knowledge we've seen releases of:

Dante (Devil May Cry 3)

Getter-1

Dougram

EVA 00 (Yellow)

EVA 01

EVA 00 (Clear Yellow (Figure Oh! Exclusive))

EVA 01 (Glow in the Dark (SDCC 06 Exclusive))

On the horizon we've got:

EVA 02 (July 06)

King Gainer (July 06)

Getter-2 (Aug./Sep. 06)

EVA 03 (Aug./Sep. 06)

EVA 00 (Blue) (Sep./Oct. 06)

Ingram (Sep./Oct. 06)

Levy (Black Lagoon) (???)

Optimus Prime (???)

Optimus Prime (???)

420634[/snapback]

really?? Prime?? that outta be funky.

just placed a huge order for all the EVAs (upto the blue '00).

421975[/snapback]

Yeah i'm looking forward to it. According to this old TFormers article:

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5867

He's suppossed to land in Dec. He'll prolly look a little different from those pictures though, seeing as how old that magazine scan was.

Edited by Veritas