Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

to be honest they don't look as small as i'd pictured in my mind. if anyone gets one soon could the post a pic of it next to a valk? most of the figures (like the SoC) that it's been refrenced with i'm just not all that familiar with.

the more i see of these the more excited i am.

i personallyl think the eva's look dead on.

to be honest they don't look as small as i'd pictured in my mind.  if anyone gets one soon could the post a pic of it next to a valk?  most of the figures (like the SoC) that it's been refrenced with i'm just not all that familiar with.

the more i see of these the more excited i am.

i personallyl think the eva's look dead on.

410182[/snapback]

My Unit 01 got shipped yesterday, hopefully it will be here by friday! I'll take some comparison pics then.

http://pony-hp2.web.infoseek.co.jp/REVOL-EVA1.htm

that link shows a see-thru weapon set with the see-thru Eva (near the bottom). anyone know where those came from?? I didnt see them in my package of Figure Oh #100.

410535[/snapback]

You had to send in the coupons that came with the magazine to mail order the weapons. In other words they are exclusives and only can be gotten in Japan.

You had to send in the coupons that came with the magazine to mail order the weapons. In other words they are exclusives and only can be gotten in Japan.

410544[/snapback]

well. that just sucks zentraedi ass :(

i see the pic for the weapon set but i dont see a coupon in the mag..oh well moot point now. anyone have an extra set they'ld like to sell me?

My Unit-01 came today. It's very nice, its kind of small but I enjoy the size. Everyone who ordered one of the Evas will be pleased I'm sure. I took some pictures, and one in comparison to a 1/48 VF-1, however my USB drivers seem to be missing, so until I find the disc with them on it, I can't connect my camera to my computer. Hopefully I'll have this solved by tomorrow.

SANY0066.jpg

It's now time for Shmitty's mini-review!

Overall, I really enjoy this little guy. If I could find a ruler I could tell you for sure, but it's about 5 inches tall. The revoltech joints really give it crazy articulation. In all it has 12 rev joints, which I think is the most in the line so far. It has ratcheted rev joints at its shoulders, knees, ankles and waist. the others aren't weight bearing enough to warrant it I guess. The non ratched ones are strong though. They move very smoothly but it takes quite a bit of force to shake them loose. The paint job is really good, I'm impressed. There are however a few spots where there is paint on paint, and sometimes there are little bleed spots, but you can't see them from any reasonable distance. There was this tiny red bit of paint on the right thigh of mine, I managed to get it off after I took these pictures. For the most part the paint is very crisp and it's a very nice figure, especially in this size. It comes with 8 hands, right and left weapon hands, r and l gripping hands, r and l fists, and a right pointing finger, and a left open palm. It comes with the Pallet rifle, the Dessert Eagle pistol, the Prog. knife and the big katana. There's not a lot new I can say that hasn't been shown in photos in the past. One little thing I like a lot, is the ankle cover. It's a seperate piece, and to keep it covering both the top of the foot and the bottom of the leg at all times, its attached to the rev joint where it connects to the leg and foot, so it moves dependantly on the other two peices, and never looks out of place. It is unfortunately not made of a softer material, so as its connections bend, it may become fragile. Keep this in mind when posing multiple times. All in all, I really enjoy it. It's a fun toy and I'm super impressed with its ability to hold a gun properly. I don't think anyone who ordered one will be disappointed.

Pictures, GO!

SANY0067.jpg

SANY0064.jpg

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0069.jpg

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0071.jpg

(Got the A.T. field some time ago with another figure.)

SANY0072.jpg

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0076.jpg

One thing that bothers me, which is not apparent in some other's review pics, but why the closed mouth head has red panelled lines making it seem as if it isn't closed?

One thing that bothers me, which is not apparent in some other's review pics, but why the closed mouth head has red panelled lines making it seem as if it isn't closed?

411092[/snapback]

AFAIK, Kaiyodo has always paneled that line red. It adds contrast to the blue used on the mouth, and the open mouth is noticably different.

::EDIT:: not to be confused with "that line was red in the other reviews" but that in Kaiyodo's figures in the past.

Edited by Shmitty

looking at these pictures, while I still think the SOC's are better, the way the revoltech did that arm articulation is supurb. I really wish bandai thought of that joint design for the should joints that allow for a greater range of outward motion.

looking at these pictures, while I still think the SOC's are better, the way the revoltech did that arm articulation is supurb. I really wish bandai thought of that joint design for the should joints that allow for a greater range of outward motion.

411272[/snapback]

for 60ish bucks they'd BETTER be better.

Imho how ever the SoC's dont' have the gnarly look of the anime. they're too upright, their necks too short. yadda yadda

411272[/snapback]

Imho how ever the SoC's dont' have the gnarly look of the anime. they're too upright, their necks too short. yadda yadda

411278[/snapback]

darn tooten, I was just admiring the fact that a 20 dollar toy has better engineering on the shoulders. I really wish my SOC's could pull off some of those poses.

411272[/snapback]

411278[/snapback]

darn tooten, I was just admiring the fact that a 20 dollar toy has better engineering on the shoulders. I really wish my SOC's could pull off some of those poses.

411289[/snapback]

these are good, but the size bothers me. anyway i still think my SOC are cool. although I agree if only the SOC could pull off those moves ....

I dont' think they'll be too small, from what i could tell, they're only a little smaller than other kaiyado evas, Just don't put them all next to vastly bigger/more expencive figures and i think they'll look just fine.

EVA01 customised into Masked Rider Amazon.  :lol:

411530[/snapback]

that was fast, did you do that?

411555[/snapback]

Nah i can't customise. I found the picture on 2chan. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Got my EVA-01 today, opened it, messed around with it for about two minutes and put it back in the box. Not sure what I was expecting, but this thing just doesn't have the appeal that the SOC EVAs do. Sure, it's a great figure, pretty much the best plastic/PVC EVA out there, but it just doesn't compare to the proportions, sculpt, build, posability (although the arms do have a better range than the SOC) and accessories of the SOC. I'll definately follow this line, but I'll probably stay away from any characters that I have great figures of already. Again, this thing really is a great figure, but I really do prefer the SOCs.

I'll probably stick it in the for sale section in the next day or so. OR if anyone reads this before I do and wants mine, go ahead and shoot me a PM.

Edited by eriku

Mysterious, nauseous, goo that fell to Earth presumably from outer space sold separately.

414204[/snapback]

LCL sold seperately. :lol:

I'd like to see an entry plug released that "fills" with LCL when it's tilted, like those stripping pens. I could totally see Takara doing this in the Microman line. It would be a great way to finally release a Shinji figure...