Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

I'd like to see T-28 (Fatty) in this line as well. Bebop and Champloo characters would be next on my list. For as popular and well known as Bebop is, there has yet to be made a truly excellent and posable Spike figure.

I hope this line has a long life. The only thing that I think has the potential to kill it is the price. I personally don't mind the price (if I want something I'll get it regardless) but I have heard a lot of people bemoan it. Can't wait to pick up the EVA. :)

http://moe-news.com/toy/kaiyodo-revoltech-004/

Hmm, certainly is tempting to get this in replacement of that other one I have with all them weapons; elbow joint broke thanks to the sniper rifle, heh.

407742[/snapback]

Urgh...dun like that glossy finish. Hope they release a metallic paint version like the originals.

In case some of u don't know its smaller than the original kaiyodos, so the accesories i assume are not interchangable.

Well, us PVC naysayers should be pleasently surprised with these figures... the PVC is pretty solid, and feels nice and rugged on the big parts, and is soft enough on the small bits like handles and such that it won't break when you knock up against it, but also won't sag. I'm really impressed here... I was so worried about the PVC too.

Yeah, the human figures do look a little eerie... and how come they're using hardly any of the Revoltech joints on alot of these figures? I'm seeing Shoulders, neck, waste, and feet for that chick.... oughta have more. They work amazingly, so why is Kaiyodo so heasitant to use them? Aaijin said that the Getter only has like 4, and the Dougram really really coulda used Revoltech joints in the elbows..... maybe Kaiyodo will sell baggies of Revoltech joints for customizers.... that'd be neat, AND I could fix the Dougram's elbows.

I'm thinking they only want to use the R-joints where they won't mar the fluidness of the character design too terribly. If Revy had R-joints on her knees and elbows, she wouldn't look as femanine or sexy.

I'm just excited for really well-done figures in this line, regardless of how many R-joints are used. If this line can give me a killer super-posable Spike Spiegel figure (among many others) I'll take it R-joints or no.

I want Mazinkaizer and Gaofaigar. Hell Tetsujin 28 would be awesome as well. I sure as hell hope we can get ronin warriors in there too...they have NEVER had decent figures!

I saw a recent size comparison of the new evas, not bad I will pick them up. Do these things have stands?

btw there are rumors that there will be more than 2 transformer revoltech.

i can't speak for the other robots in this serise, but i always though kaiyado's glossy colors looked very good on the eva's.

from the show, thats how i'd pictured them, not mirror shinny, but smooth and reflective.

why is getter considered a super robo while eva is a "real" robo?

is it a level of detail into how the thing works or something?

if a Getter is a super robo, and a valk or gundam is a "real" robo, then i'd consider eva's MUCH closer to getter than a valk or gundam..

just wondering.

Edited by KingNor

why is getter considered a super robo while eva is a "real" robo?

is it a level of detail into how the thing works or something?

if a Getter is a super robo, and a valk or gundam is a "real" robo, then i'd consider eva's MUCH closer to getter than a valk or gundam..

just wondering.

408895[/snapback]

I'm with you on the glossyness of the Evas. In the show they almost always appeared to have a "just waxed" finish to them. As much as they're fighting machines, they wanted them to look good for the populace.

And I think Evas get classified as 'real' is because in the show they attempt to explain their construction and link those methods to current or near future technologies. Not to mention, that when they aren't going berserk, they're limited in power.

looks like they are doing the black eva too. I hope they do a full line up, i want to get each eva and.. what six of the white ones?

biggest problem with eva figures is how few good figure vilans they have to fight, a full line up with GOOD mass production ones would be great for poseing little battles!

I'm with you on the glossyness of the Evas. In the show they almost always appeared to have a "just waxed" finish to them.

408898[/snapback]

Never felt they looked waxed in anime. I liked the prototype eva01's purple compared to this final released gloss.

As much as they're fighting machines, they wanted them to look good for the populace.

Don't mean to nitpick, but the "general populace" never knew there were EVAs or Angels. Well they sorta did but never seen them in action since they were mostly in the underground shelters during an Angel Attack.

I'm with you on the glossyness of the Evas. In the show they almost always appeared to have a "just waxed" finish to them.

408898[/snapback]

Never felt they looked waxed in anime. I liked the prototype eva01's purple compared to this final released gloss.

As much as they're fighting machines, they wanted them to look good for the populace.

Don't mean to nitpick, but the "general populace" never knew there were EVAs or Angels. Well they sorta did but never seen them in action since they were mostly in the underground shelters during an Angel Attack.

409084[/snapback]

not to get too side tracked, but seemed like most everyone knew about the angels and eva's. that one kid, the boy, was infatuated by them.

shin, i'm not digging the dante figure, as much as i want to buy the whole revoltech line, i'm tempted to not get dante anyway. He looks really stupid imho, and i'm not a fan of the character to begin with.

I think atleast one point will be fixed with the evas, they're scale will at least match each other, dante does suffer since he's all alone.

A full set of the "kids" eva's and a few of the white ones would make a good collection, and since i keep most of my figs at work, small size is actually something of a bonus for me.

Edited by KingNor

They 'sorta' knew they were used to fight angels but no one actually saw evas or angels. Hence the military otaku's excitement when they made it out.

Anyway back to topic, its pretty much confirmed all the EVAs will come out in the revoltech line, cause there were prototypes for all of them, except the EVA series.

Someone on another board noticed, that the Revy figure doesn't seem to have any revoltech joints. Either that or they are well hidden. Anyone can spot the revoltech joint?

There was a pic somewhere of a Godannar test shot in a case full of Revoltech figures.

I'll have to post it later as I'm at work and don't have time to look for it.

On the topic of real vs Super robots, I consider anything owned/operated by any kind of military command structure to be real robots whilst super robots are owned (quite often built by) individuals.

Think of it like International Rescue compared to the emergency services, pretty easy to spot which is the "super" of the two.

Edit, found the Godannar piccy.

post-1911-1150748654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fort Max