Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Ahem ahem !

389381[/snapback]

No way. :o

389441[/snapback]

I allready posted earlier in this thread that an Ingram was in the pipeline.

I'm down for Getter 1, 2, Eva 01, Ingram and maybe Dougram for now.

I look forward to seeing what else they do, the selection is delightfully random. :p

389657[/snapback]

Oh, I do remember that, have no fear. It's just exciting to see a page online that looks vaguely official!!! :p

Ahem ahem !

389381[/snapback]

No way. :o

389441[/snapback]

I allready posted earlier in this thread that an Ingram was in the pipeline.

I'm down for Getter 1, 2, Eva 01, Ingram and maybe Dougram for now.

I look forward to seeing what else they do, the selection is delightfully random. :p

389657[/snapback]

Oh, I do remember that, have no fear. It's just exciting to see a page online that looks vaguely official!!! :p

389751[/snapback]

Exactly. Besides, I never read your earlier post, Fort Max :p

But I really shouldn't get too excited until I see pics of thing, and I would squeal with undying glee if a Griffon was made.

I can't believe I somehow missed this toyline entirely, but I just saw it in ToyFare, and now I am totally psyched. I'll probably end up getting one EVA, but for now, bring on the Dougram, and maybe even some same scale/size VOTOMS figures. That would be tight. I'm gonna need like 6 of that Dougram figure tho... cuz I'll have to repaint some in Battletech schemes :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

according to the official release date, these babies are already out in japan. anybody with confirmation for that? and how about over in hongkong and singapore?

Oh man! I want one of those clear ones sooooo badly now. I already brokedown and preordered the Dougram off of BBTS, which says June *tear*... Here's hoping they do more deserving obscure old school mecha....

This month's Figure Oh magazine gives you a free EVA 00 clear version of the upcoming Revoltech Figures, and it shows you all the joints in the thing.

http://www.moeyo.com/2006/05/post_213.html

Talk about building up hype.

396856[/snapback]

i'm not sure if your link works.

Are you saying Figure Oh comes with a free eva 00 clear or is it a mail-away item?

i want it!

This month's Figure Oh magazine gives you a free EVA 00 clear version of the upcoming Revoltech Figures, and it shows you all the joints in the thing.

http://www.moeyo.com/2006/05/post_213.html

Talk about building up hype.

396856[/snapback]

i'm not sure if your link works.

Are you saying Figure Oh comes with a free eva 00 clear or is it a mail-away item?

i want it!

397168[/snapback]

I'm interested about that myself. Because if's a pack in with the magazine, it looks like i'll be picking up this issue in a heartbeat. Otherwise it looks like i'll just have to wait for the standard releases.

Edited by Veritas

That's not fair...howcome we don't get full sized action figure pack ins in our American magazines? You guys get resin coinversion parts, special decal sheets, and whole figures, and all we get is cards and postcards... <_<

So, anyone got any ideas on how to get this issue?

That's not fair...howcome we don't get full sized action figure pack ins in our American magazines?  You guys get resin coinversion parts, special decal sheets, and whole figures, and all we get is cards and postcards... <_<

So, anyone got any ideas on how to get this issue?

397733[/snapback]

HLJ has a whole section devoted to Japanese publications,

http://www.hlj.com/top/Boo

• 2 weeks later...
w00ts...revoltech Ingram protoype.

400265[/snapback]

Ahh so it's number eleven now... i thought it was stated as being number 10 before? Any one able to read Japanese well enough to tell us what took that spot over?

Woah, kickass. Yeah, anyone able to tell us what the other ones on the list are? I'm hopin for more awesome classic mecha, and the Ingram certainly fits the bill.... now I'll hvae to preorder another one.. I'm waitin for my Dougram, and I'll probably end up with an Eva... and Prime once I see more pics, and now this...

I just picked up my Dougram today from the shop.

Yes, it can do all those poses seen in the photos. But the thing is made out of that rubbery soft PVC stuff though. I was hoping for harder ABS plastic.

One downside to the ability to do all that dramatic posing is that the figure can't stand straight. You see all those 'big nut' poses with the legs spread apart? You can only stand them that way. They won't close their legs!

The pic of the Ingram above with the big nut pose says it all.

Oh man oh man oh man, I want my Dougram NOW! I don't mind the big nut poses at all... truth be told, every single figure in my room on ym shelves is in a spread leg pose... only thing standing up straight is the Yamato Scopedog and GBP-1S 1/48 so they don't fall over :lol:

But seriously, how does the figure hold up? Is it really soft PVC, or like, pretty rugged, but not ABS? Is there barrel sagging? I figured that the big gun would be all warped outta whack in the box, and I'll have to fix it with hot water or a hair dryer... gah, I can't decide if I'm really upset or not yet about them being PVC...

Its not eraser rubber soft but PVC is still PVC. Don't expect a crisp paint job like in the pics too. Real thing is more matt and not as crisp.

The linear cannon in my example wasn't the slightest bit warped though. But its still made of that PVC crap.

400834[/snapback]

Hmm, i'm starting to have second thoughts about ordering all of the first releases from one of my local import stores... but i'm just hoping the mere amount of poseability they have will make them worth it...

Who's the dumb ass executive making the PVC decision? :huh: That is like you finally got Carmen Electra onto your bed and decided to play scramble...:blink:

Same here... I've already got my Dougram pre-ordered, but I'll certainly not pre-order anymore until I get it and really go over it... stupid PVC bastards.

400904[/snapback]

PVC over ABS is probably on a cost issue i'd think. That's why the Revoltech series is quite cheap compared to other japanese action figures.

*shudders at the thoughts of Bubblegum Crisis*

Hasn't Kaiyodo used PVC for almost all of it's figures for a long time now? I guess my point is I'm not surprised they used it on these. Disappointed, but not surprised. I might check out an EVA, but the rest of this line doesn't appeal to me. Not because of the characters, but because of the apparent inability to hold a neutral pose. The new joints are cool. I almost hope a better toy company steals the design to use on better toys.