Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

Old news but new photos! Check out the articulation on these things. And they look pretty well hidden too. I'm definately getting the Dougram. I'd want the EVAs but damn i have too many evas already.

Pics: dannychoo.com

l_revoltech_1.jpg

l_revoltech_2.jpg

l_revoltech_3.jpg

l_revoltech_4.jpg

the Getters are definetly mine, the dougram looks awesome to, if it sells well you may see more dougram mechs B))

Wowza! Those things look damned nice!

I can imagine they'd be pricey, but I could also imagine myself dropping a pretty penny for that Dougram. They can keep the Getter and Dante (as I'm not a fan) and I may spring for the Eva's.

They look pretty detailed, considering they're only going to be about 5" high.

Hmmmm... A Patlabor would look nice like this...

Like I said in the Wanted section thread.. very happy I can finally get a good Dougram toy. I loved this ugly mech as a kid!

IIRC, the Patlabour Ingram Unit 1 is also going to be in this series.

However, I can see that the articulation isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Look at the Dougram's thighs to groin connection. It literally cannot stand straight up. The angle between the thighs cannot be altered (ie it cannot stand with feet next to each other, it's always feet apart)

It's like the earlier "monoshaft drive" gimmick...looks nice, but is actually very limited.

However, I can see that the articulation isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Look at the Dougram's thighs to groin connection. It literally cannot stand straight up. The angle between the thighs cannot be altered (ie it cannot stand with feet next to each other, it's always feet apart)

It's like the earlier "monoshaft drive" gimmick...looks nice, but is actually very limited.

381850[/snapback]

I don't know i'm holding out hope that these guys are all they're cracked up to be, because if they are i'm pretty certain i'm going to buy them all... some based solely on the coolness factor at the amount of articulation and poseability they have, since some of the series i haven't even seen. I guess we can all be the judge when they finally hit.

Yeah would like to see a review of them. I love toys with posability to match the look you see in anime. (crouching poses, legs apart poses, hips and chest at funny angle type poses, feet angled flush to the ground etc) When you have something on display you want them doing something which is why I avoid the Bandai chunky munky macross toys but like their gundam GQ line.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

381850[/snapback]

I noticed that too, but I rarely pose my toys with feet touching, A stances just look more dramatic to me, so if that is the only major limitation to their articulation, I and definitly nabbing the Dougram, and Getter, I already have most of the SOC eva's, so while they look nice, these eva's don't do it for me.

Well yeah. Kaiyodo 's master sculptor, Yamaguchi, has a talent with figures and placement of joints. They may not be UBER poseable but the amount of poses you can pull off and still look cool is awesomez.

Good examples are the Virtua On OT line, the Evangelion line, and of course the award winning Monev The Gale from Trigun. I love the Wolfwood figure too. ;)

As an owner of Kaiyodo's Gunbuster releases, I can say with every amount of certainty that you will never get the toys to look as good as they do in the pictures, and their overall quality will be rather poor. Save your money.

wolfx/SDFcommander/GobotFool,

The poseability of these Eva figures really kick ass. My only uncertainty about them is they looked alittle chubby. I like my Eva served lean and mean just liked the SoC.

I am 50/50 on these, I need some of you die-hard Eva fans to push me over the line. Do you think they look a little chubby?

As an owner of Kaiyodo's Gunbuster releases, I can say with every amount of certainty that you will never get the toys to look as good as they do in the pictures, and their overall quality will be rather poor. Save your money.

381919[/snapback]

I would take that with a grain of salt, everyone I've talked to consider the Gunbuster figs to be some of Kaiyodo's worst. The newer Evas (Movie 02 and the MP Evas) don't even have the revoltech joints and they can do a rediculous number of good poses.

The new joint system, I imagine, would only increase their freedom.

wolfx/SDFcommander/GobotFool,

The poseability of these Eva figures really kick ass.  My only uncertainty about them is they looked alittle chubby.  I like my Eva served lean and mean just liked the SoC. 

I am 50/50 on these, I need some of you die-hard Eva fans to push me over the line.  Do you think they look a little chubby?

382167[/snapback]

I think it makes them look more muscular, I like them a lot.

Edited by Shmitty

381919[/snapback]

I have that as well and yes it is a very dissapointing piece, these are something very different though & on top of that Kaiyaido actually had a table rammed with samples of these things for people to play with at the recent wonderfest.

Reports from people at the show were positive.

Ingram will be No.10 in the line, coming out before that though will be Getter 2 from the most recent anime, Overman King Gainer and a whole pile of Evas.

If it has Yamaguchi as the sculptor , its bound to be good. Not sure if the Gunbuster was by him, but i dont find it as bad as you guys make it sound to be.

I could do every pose i'd want it to, and that was fine enough. No extra accesories like cloak and bat is quite a downer though. :(

Edited by wolfx

these look awesome. I wonder if they are the same size as the previous evas.  And yes bring on the ingram!!!

382791[/snapback]

6" is the standard size for this line.

as a certified eva nut, those new evas look pretty good. anyone have more info on them? (i.e. which ones have come out, how much,etc)

382991[/snapback]

None yet, First Eva due in June, the rest to follow will be 02 & both verisons of 00.

More to come after that as well, probabaly.

cost is around $20, it's worth noting that all of these figures are coming to the US pretty sharpish so shop around comic/online stores to see who's offering what.

Edited by Fort Max

• 3 weeks later...