Orguss Toy Thread

Ya know I've just recently become very interested in Orguss, however, the only movies I can watch are Orguss II and I heard the subtitles off the Orguss DVD collection are decent but could be better.

So anyone know of other locations I can acquire watching the series? Maybe find a few toys?

They are supposed to be released sometime in February. They're made by Megahouse and are part of their "Palm Action" series. Hopefully someone can come up with more info, I can't find any US retailers showing any info or preorders, in fact, I stumbled across the posted pic almost by accident...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Temporarily derailing the current topic (apologies all around) to get back to the original topic regarding vintage Orguss toys...

Random question: For those in the know, does the 1/40 Nikick MBG-24A only come in a "smooth" box, as opposed to the "textured" box all the other Takatoku Orguss (not to mention Macross Valk) toys come in?

I've yet to see one in a textured box, so am just curious.

IPB Image

Temporarily derailing the current topic (apologies all around) to get back to the original topic regarding vintage Orguss toys...

Random question: For those in the know, does the 1/40 Nikick MBG-24A only come in a "smooth" box, as opposed to the "textured" box all the other Takatoku Orguss (not to mention Macross Valk) toys come in?

I've yet to see one in a textured box, so am just curious.

The MBG-24A was probably one of the very last toys to come off the Takatoku lines, and AFAIK, it only comes in smooth boxes. The company was in bad shape and was about to fold. I have always thought that the smooth box is a testament to last minute cost-cutting mesaures.

does anyone have a pic of the biggest Orgroid along side a yamato 1/48? i want to see how big they are.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

The MBG-24A was probably one of the very last toys to come off the Takatoku lines, and AFAIK, it only comes in smooth boxes. The company was in bad shape and was about to fold. I have always thought that the smooth box is a testament to last minute cost-cutting mesaures.

Great, thanks Drifand. I remember reading an old post of yours where you stated Orguss was perhaps one of your first first mecha loves, so I had a feeling you'd emerge to address my query! I guess the smooth box is a very tangible manifestation of Takatoku's declining fortunes in the early 80's, and in that sense a bittersweet piece of history.

Bumpage :ph34r:

Does anyone have any more info on the forthcoming Megahouse Orguss toys? Please?

I just found this link while surfing aimlessly:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

What size are they? They looks suspiciously like PVC to me... <_<

I've heard that those large scale Takatoku Orguss toys are pretty complex and impressive, I'd like to get a Nikick as the look of it is just great.

How much should I expect to pay for one?

I've seen loose ones recently on ebay for as little as $25.00, but a nice complete boxed one can run $120.00-$150.00. The rarer "standard issue" alt versions usually seem to go for close to $300.00.

Here are a couple of the mug shots of the family.

I wouldn't call the 1/40 Orgus complex at all. It is actually very simple but robust - a toy that is designed to be played with, rather than display.

With the 1/40 Orguss, if you have patient, you can get it under $100. Definitely don't pay more than $150 unless you have cash to spare. For some reason, there is always a constant supply of it. May be the fans are getting old??

[attachmentid=40712][attachmentid=40713]

I've heard that those large scale Takatoku Orguss toys are pretty complex and impressive, I'd like to get a Nikick as the look of it is just great. How much should I expect to pay for one?

post-3608-1172404845_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1172404917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good but locally, the first run of Palm Action toys were really obscenely overpriced. Think nearly 30USD for a puny PVC action figure! I'm just looking at these as a harbinger for better made Orguss toys, hopefully in SOC or SPEC line-ups.

Looking good but locally, the first run of Palm Action toys were really obscenely overpriced. Think nearly 30USD for a puny PVC action figure! I'm just looking at these as a harbinger for better made Orguss toys, hopefully in SOC or SPEC line-ups.

I hope your right. I would love to own a SOC Orguss or Drifand Dal.

Thanks for the piccys, Fort Max!

These do look somewhat small and cheap for the price, but I'll be picking them up nonetheless. The Orgroid looks to have some pretty nice features for what seems to be such a small toy though (check out the doors in the arms that receive the hands - even the 1/40 Taka doesn't have those). I would also love to see an SOC or Spec Orgroid or Nikick, either would be bomb. It would be neat to see some of the lesser-known support equipment too, but I won't exactly hold my breath waiting for them :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like this orguss. Review says it's somewhat loose due to complex transformation, but it's style makes up for it. Made mostly of ABS not PVC. That's a good news. He didn't seem to like Nikick too much though. (If I buy Orguss, I'd pick up Nikick anyways...)

please refer to Takatoku-toys 1/40 MBG-24 A/C " Nikick"... A-type:Standard C-type :Commander or special force

I anticipate YAMATO release 1/48 or 1/32 big transformable(Variable) toy in the future!

Orguss toy collections

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by yui1107