Wondercon 2006

• 3 weeks later...

Wow every year I ask this and there are always SOME people here that went.

This year no one huh!?!?

Well it was in a new building, and was held on 2 or 3 floors.

Macross items were rare, and expensive if you could find any.

I did buy a good amount of Transformers though.

I go the Pepsi Prime for $45 flat, and reissue Galvatron for $50.

Then I went to another dealer and he was selling the reissue Tranformers for $30 each (minus the expensive ones like Prime & Megs, and Soundwave)

He said if I bought more then 2, I could get them for $25 each. So I bought #11 Astrotrain, #19 Perceptor, #20 Kup & Wheelie, & #18 Blitzwing.

All for $25 each!

I would have bought more, but I had the rest of them. I should have waited for this con to get most of them. I overpaid when I pre-ordered those babies at HLJ when they first came out.

I saw one dealer selling the #13 Hot Rod reissue for #19! I shoul dhave bought it, but passed. Now I regret not getting it. The thing is I already have it, but damn that was a good deal!

The 1/48 Macross were way too overpriced.

The only decent priced Macross I could find was an 80's film comic/manga for $4.

Also those Banpresto catcher machine Transformable Valkyries, one dealer had them for $5 each. Even the ones with the armor were $5!

Other then that, not too many Macross items.

The highlight for me was getting autographs and hanging out with Kevin Smith & Frank Miller. Oh yeah Jim Lee showed up and started sketching for people and he wasn't even on the guest list, that was pretty cool.