Please Recommend A Valkyrie

Atreyu

Hi everybody, I'm into transforming robots. Although I love Macross, I have no room for an extensive collection among all the Yuusha, Transformers, Soul of Chogokin and so on. So just one will have to do. What's the ultimate Valkyrie? I've been thinking about Yamato's 1/48 VF-1S, since it's apparently the biggest one and I guess will therefore look the most impressive on the shelf.

Three things:

1: It has to be displayed loose, so don't think about the box and artwork when recommending.

2: I already have the Jetfire transformer, so Bandai's 1/55 isn't too good a choice to represent Macross in my collection.

3: Money is not an issue.

Edited by Atreyu

The Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Roy is the best choice IMO.

376212[/snapback]

+ strike parts! :lol:

Or Vf-1s Hikaru + normal fast pack.

376214[/snapback]

+ gbp armor... + any other accessories they come up with.

Depends on your preferences in macross mecha.

If you're a strict devotee of the original macross series/dyrl, then go with the vf-0S roy or hikaru.

If you dont really care for classics and just want HOTNESS, wait for the VF-0S coming out this april....

I agree with exo though... one valk?? noway~ Getouttahereeee~

:p

Edited by Nani?!

So just one will have to do. What's the ultimate Valkyrie?

3: Money is not an issue.

376211[/snapback]

FYI: from the "Where to Buy" Forum...

Thread: New Record Price For Low Vis, Fellas: Hold on to your valk =)

Just notice this on Ebay:

LOW VIS AUCTION

I believe this is a new record price for a Low Vis.  :o

You all might want to think twice before selling them now.

Godzilla, Kensei, Sithlord: Where do you guys live again?  :lol:

375810[/snapback]

You still have two days to bid on it. ;)

I thought I would buy just one. Now I have four.

Once you get into Yamato Valks you got to have em all!!!!

The same goes for me.

I was sure I'd get only one. The third is on its way now. and I've allready ordered the fourth with a GBP.

Edited by Dante74

I haven't opened my first and I already want gbp for it... and a stealth... and a cannon fodder... damnit... I was so close to having all the 1/55's and yammie had to make something else I wanted. I sure hope gundam doesn't realease any more musha real-types :blink:

The problem is they look good in all modes, you'll keep transforming the damn thing because you'll not be able to pick 1 mode. Just plan on getting at least 7 to pose in these modes - naked (battroid, gerwalk, and fighter), super/strike pack (battroid, gerwalk, and fighter), and GBP battroid.

But, if you must get 1, get a Roy 1S with strike pack, and then cut up your credit cards.

I only have 2 (Hikaru and Max DYRL VF-1S) - I put them up high on a shelf so I'm not tempted to grab them and transform them every time I walk by.

Edited by ghostryder

Somebody have to say 1/60's VF 1-S strike, the look of the 1/60´s, I thinks, is more accuarte to the valkyries in the anime and not to the techcnical line art as the 1/48 is, I say these because the 1/48 is a very impresive "toy" only for display(if you think to do not touch it again once set on the dislpay). 1/48 is great to play whit it around your room.

I told myself (and my wife) years ago that i would ONLY collect the 1/55 line.

Then about a year and a half ago someone here on the boards sold me a 1/48 at a good price.

I thought at that price, i can at least get "1" right?

Update: I now own 7 1/48's, with armor sets for each one.

Bottom line, I love em.

My wife however is pissed off.

If you are going to display it then be aware of yellowing on any white parts exposed to UV. This rules out the Roy and Hikaru versions of all types.

Best choices:

#1 Max Super "J"

#2 Low-Vis "A"

IMO... get a:

1 VF1S Hikaru (you get a Roy Valkyrie head in a Hikaru Valkyrie body)

1 VF1S Fast/Strike Pack (change between Roy's Strike to Hikaru's Super)

1 GBPS Armor (just for the hell of it)

1 Launch Arm (Arm responsible to launch Roy's and Hikaru's squadrons)

Problem solved, it's like getting two valks in one.... supposedly.

Money no object?

#1 - Japan only lottery giveaway Stealth VF-1J

#2 - Low Visibility VF-1A Limited Edition

If you just need the definative DYRL Valk, Hikaru or Roy Strike VF-1S

If you just need the definative TV Valk, Super Hikaru VF-1J or with the GBP set

#1 - Japan only lottery giveaway Stealth VF-1J

376420[/snapback]

Yeah but the problem is that isn't even on ebay. Ever. It is probably gone to some guys son or nephew and probably half destroyed by now.

When there is only 3 in the world of something, it's pretty hard to find.

The only way to find out whre it went is to hack into JBC and look at their records.

But as for the topic...a 1/48. No regrets. Look at me! :D

Don't waste your time on any all-white Valk. It will be yellow in no time.

At least low-vis and Mac TV "J" have paint protection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If space is a real issue don't buy any. reason being I only really wanted one Valk as well so I went 1/48 roy with super stike, but it was just too sexy so now I have added a second pulse cannon to my stike pack (John Woo) and have a 1/48 Hikuaru with GBP on the way. As well as a 1/60 and gbp. They are sexy addictive. They only way to quit them man is not get started, but you know you want a lil taste, then you are owened.

Edited by Pervataru

If you can only afford one get the Roy VF1S with Super/Strike Parts.

Of course optionally you can get GBP but you'd need another valk to wear it wouldn't you? Seems like a waste of money only having a bunch of parts lying around while the single valk you own is wearing strike parts.

If you want a good combo and prefer tv valks get the max or milia super pack or hikaru super pack. (tv arm armors woot!)

I thought I would buy just one. Now I have four :blink:

Once you get into Yamato Valks you got to have em all!!!! :lol:

376309[/snapback]

I told myself (and my wife) years ago that i would ONLY collect the 1/55 line.

Then about a year and a half ago someone here on the boards sold me a 1/48 at a good price.

I thought at that price, i can at least get "1" right?

Update: I now own 7 1/48's, with armor sets for each one.

Bottom line, I love em.

My wife however is pissed off.

376341[/snapback]

Just one? it wont be just one that you'll get. just like everyone else you'll see how well they're designed and how impressive they are. you'll say "well, maybe just one

more." then 2 or three more. You'll say that vf-1s roy is great he needs a buddy, i could get a vf-1s hikaru, but what about back up so maybe a vf1a mass production and another (cause you need an extra to make that custom VF1D), Oh but wait what about vf-1j hikaru tv vers. b/c its from the show and a VF1A Max too. you cant have those and not the DRYL version so I'll get a vf1a hikaru, and then you'll think about the vf1j Miria w/pack , vf1j Max w/pack, What the Low Viz thats cool so you'll want that and GBP armor and dont forget necessary number of Strike/super sets and the clear parts set and the vf-1d conversion kits you had to get and multiples of all the upcoming releases that you just have to get. :)

Edited by Macross73

If money is no object expand your house with a dedicated toy room :lol:

that or buy everything, send it to me, and then display the pictures I took of the stuff you sent me... that would save lots of room :rolleyes:

Like everyone else said, the easiest way to quit is not to start. I bought the VF-1S Hiki as my one and only 1/48 because I already had the 1/60 versions of all the rest, except Low Viz. A year and a half later, and I'm up to 2 of each variation of 1/48..... After you see how damn sexy they are, you have to own 1 for display, and one to keep MIB just so you have piece of mind that if something does happen to the unit on display, you'll always have a backup.

(Edited topic title, so 'Valkyrie' is now spelt correctly).

First choice would be Yamato's upcoming 1/60 scale VF-0S, it's amazing and actually superior to the 1/48 VF-1 in a lot of ways.

Second choice should be a Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1 with both FAST Pack set and GBP Armor parts, so some days you can display it with the FAST Packs on, and then other times wearing the GBP armor. As for the color and head style of the 1/48 VF-1, that's up to you and depends on your personal preference. For myself, I would choose either the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1S Roy or VF-1J Hikaru in that order. All are fairly easy to find at the moment.

Graham