Anybody Thinks That Sk Needs To Redesign The Vf-1?

Phalanx

:) Yep guys, you guys have proved your points and I have regrets for ever even starting this topic. I was thinking far too selfishly about the expectations of a redesign. Now I feel DUMB :lol: (yes I just carried myself and I really don't care) I would like to thank all you guys :)B)) , everylast one of you, for showing me the light when it comes to all of SK's VF-1 designs. I also learned a very valuable lesson from this thread and that is to never think selfishly for your demands and expectations of things like I did because it leads to confusing questions like the one you see on this thread. Peace out B))

P.S. I take it that none of you are no longer interested in seeing my personal redesigns of the VF-1? :unsure:

Edited by Phalanx

Wow, being able to bow out graciously... there's hope for the boy yet. :p

As someone who's also enamoured with what he thinks of the world, I know what it's like to encounter people who have totally different tastes and opinions. It's mindboggling. People can like Valks with faces? People can actually think the Star Wars Prequels rival the originals? People still find MTV watchable? What the?!1111!one1!! Unfortunately, yes. And no matter how finely tuned I think my tastes are (because I'm that vain :p) , it doesn't prevent other people from totally disagreeing.

P.S. I take it that none of you are no longer interested in seeing my personal redesigns of the VF-1? :unsure:

378536[/snapback]

I suppose now I'm vaguely curious...

OK, well then I'll continue working on them and hopefully you guys as well as others in the fanworks section will have alot of nice things to say about it. B))

What, it's over?

Awww, man.... now I feel like I need to do something productive.

OK, Mowe, Graham, back to work everybody.

:(

On a side note, I like all the designs that Kawamori-san has done on the VF-1 platform. I even think the Stampede valk looks kinda neat, as a space-only fighter. A few too many greeblies for my taste, but still nifty. Now, who here likes the VFS-2? It's an ugly (in my opinion :) ) bastard, but it's got charm.

post-2681-1141923248.jpg

post-2681-1141923261.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

I realized that there was a perfect modernization of the VF-1's head  all along and it was the VF-1AR, VF-1JR, VF-1SR from Macross 2036. That is a good example of what the redesigned VF-1 heads should look like. But, as far as the body for it goes for fighter mode and battroid mode, it still is alittle difficult to explain.

378363[/snapback]

Um what's a VF-1AR, VF-1JR, and a VF-1SR? Does anybody have pics? Wait isn't a VF-1AR that but ugly robotech thing?

I realized that there was a perfect modernization of the VF-1's head  all along and it was the VF-1AR, VF-1JR, VF-1SR from Macross 2036. That is a good example of what the redesigned VF-1 heads should look like. But, as far as the body for it goes for fighter mode and battroid mode, it still is alittle difficult to explain.

378363[/snapback]

Um what's a VF-1AR, VF-1JR, and a VF-1SR? Does anybody have pics? Wait isn't a VF-1AR that but ugly robotech thing?

378722[/snapback]

The "R series" were VF-1 redesigns crated for hte PCEngine(TurboGrafx) Macross 2036 game. Aside from redesigned heads, the big aesthetic diffrence is the FAST pack "backpack" modules are permanent parts of the VF. And the nozzles can pivot, so they face back in all modes, instead of down in battroid mode

http://mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross2036/index.htm if you're curious. They only have fighter and GERWALK modes for the VF-1SR.

The VF-1 is a futuristic concept based on the prevalent lines of the F-14 which was designed in like 1968.

the VF-0S suffers because it's trying to be a modern fighter but with anachronistic/revisionist throwbacks to the VF-1 which doesn't really work...but it's all an alternate universe so oh well.

Part of the joy of Macross was lost when the world didn't end up in global war in 1993 and the SDF-1 didn't crash into an island into the South Pacific in 1999. Up to that point, I always hoped it would happen... so that I could somehow be a VF-pilot and find a hot girlfriend on the last bastion of humanity fighting a desperate battle to survive... but I suppose I wouldn't want the entire earth annhilated for that to happen as well.

Edited by ComicKaze

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...ng-cm-page7.jpg

Would so love a toy that is close to that.

Note the "skinny" look of the valk as opposed to the chunky look in battroid mode? All valks need to look skinny unless wearing the GBP armor. (this is what I mean by giving the mecha a sense of feminine grace and look of speed)

All those pics in the tv series of the vf1 in "fat proportioned" anime magic form actually spoil my image of what the valk should be.

Also, even though the stampede looks ugly, it is a type "bad ass" ugly, because it has all this heavy weapons strapped to it like rambo to solve the lack of firepower prob. It is why I think the Fast packs on a vf1 shows the logic of boosting an existing thing for performance gain versus starting from scratch which could be expensive. The gradual change from valk to super valk looks natural, as if they needed a patch fix to respond to zentradi who were better in space so everything looks patched together for a small gain. There isn't some huge technological jump like 30 years or anything.

The more modern valks would stick out like a sore thumb amoungst VF1's and that is a good thing that the VF1 stays the way it does. Like the fictional world has some tolkien-esque depth and fantasy psuedo-realism to it.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Part of the joy of Macross was lost when the world didn't end up in global war in 1993 and the SDF-1 didn't crash into an island into the South Pacific in 1999. Up to that point, I always hoped it would happen... so that I could somehow be a VF-pilot and find a hot girlfriend on the last bastion of humanity fighting a desperate battle to survive... but I suppose I wouldn't want the entire earth annhilated for that to happen as well.

378784[/snapback]

You mean I wasn't the only one?

It disturbs me now that I'd hoped for something that I knew would lead to the near end of the world. But hey! I get to fly a fricking cool jet-robot!

Oh No!!!!! That can't happen!!!!!

Phalanx, sent your stuff through when they are done, don't cave in too easily. I love to see this post goes past 50 ;)

What, it's over?

Awww, man.... now I feel like I need to do something productive.

OK, Mowe, Graham, back to work everybody.  :(

378579[/snapback]

In the original Macross there was no global war prior to the crashing of the Macross. That's a Robotech timeline event.

378791[/snapback]

Unification wars, check out EpI of M0 to see some of it.

378892[/snapback]

That was after the Macross crashed on Earth, when the major governments of the world tried to form a unified Earth government under the United Nations specifically to unify the world against possible alien invasion.

Edited by Radd

378784[/snapback]

You mean I wasn't the only one?

It disturbs me now that I'd hoped for something that I knew would lead to the near end of the world. But hey! I get to fly a fricking cool jet-robot!

378854[/snapback]

Wow.

You know, at the back of my mind I've always assumed that there were fans like this on these and any other boards, but it just doesn't compare to seeing it posted here in black and white. I suppose that once upon a time I too thought like you....back in 1985 when I was eleven years old. But then an amazing thing happened; I grew up.

I'm sorry that reality has crushed your dreams, and with it some of the enjoyment you get out of Macross. If it makes you feel better, there's an open invitation to join the rest of us out here in the real world. Don't knock it until you try it.

LOL

As kids we all had stupid little fantasies like that.  You admitted that yourself, bsu.  I think your post comes off as a little condescending and mean.

379021[/snapback]

Good. I worry that this stuff doesn't quite come through, sometimes. But as you said, we had fantasies like that. Past tense. There's a difference between childhood fantasies, and expressing disappointment that fiction remained fiction 20 years later.

Wow.

You know, at the back of my mind I've always assumed that there were fans like this on these and any other boards, but it just doesn't compare to seeing it posted here in black and white. I suppose that once upon a time I too thought like you....back in 1985 when I was eleven years old. But then an amazing thing happened; I grew up.

I'm sorry that reality has crushed your dreams, and with it some of the enjoyment you get out of Macross. If it makes you feel better, there's an open invitation to join the rest of us out here in the real world. Don't knock it until you try it.

379019[/snapback]

Err. Just for clarification, I was talking about when I was 10 in 1980-something.

Good. I worry that this stuff doesn't quite come through, sometimes. But as you said, we had fantasies like that. Past tense. There's a difference between childhood fantasies, and expressing disappointment that fiction remained fiction 20 years later.

And here I thought we were expressing a childhood disappointment 20 years later, not one we currently have. There was a point a few years later in my adolescence where it occured to me the powerful fantasy I had as a child wouldn't happen, and I probably wouldn't even want it to happen. A wistful sigh, a shrug, a realization that I'd been silly as a kid, and I moved on. Let's not read too much into things on some less-geeky-than-thou witchhunt, eh?

As for ComicKaze, and how seriously he hoped for his Macross fantasy to happen, to what age, and to what degree, he can probably answer for himself... But can't say I was expecting someone to pee on our little walk down nostalgia lane. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sundown

How is the VF-0 a redesign of the VF-1? Doesn't the Macross Zero era take place prior to the "original" series? I know that SK doesn't want the different series of Macross to be extremely related to each other, but if M0 is the starting point, how can you  update a design that does not yet exist?

375290[/snapback]

the vf1 was made, but the nuclear engines where not ready. Hence the vf0 was made to do practicle test runs of the essential designs. Hence it was designed after.

Err.  Just for clarification, I was talking about when I was 10 in 1980-something.

But can't say I was expecting someone to pee on our little walk down nostalgia lane. :rolleyes:

379038[/snapback]

Yeah, exactly.

379065[/snapback]

Don't walk in the wet looking spots in the streets of Paris. Most likely it's dog pee, but people do just whip it out it public and pee on the walls of buildings. :angry: I'm serious.

Oh, and Radd, I stand corrected on the unification wars thing. Thank you. :)

Don't walk in the wet looking spots in the streets of Paris.  Most likely it's dog pee, but people do just whip it out it public and pee on the walls of buildings. :angry: I'm serious.

379269[/snapback]

We do it here in the San Fernando Valley too. It's a natural biological function. Beatiful in it's own way.