Anyone Tried Graphic Line Tape?

Chas

Hey all,

I was just checking out my local stationary store here in Seoul, and I came accross theese rolls of masking tape in different colours that come in different widths. I picked up a few rolls that are 2mm x 16m and boy does it make masking fine detail lines a whole lot easier.

Just thought I'd post this up as I don't recall seeing this product mentioned before.

The package says Made in U.S.A. on it and they are approx 2" square,made of clear mylar with a vellum insert and red markings/lettering. The product name reads: GRAPHIC TAPES. Sorry I don't have a picture (my wife lent the Digi-cam to a friend.

So has anyone else ever used this stuff?

Hey all,

I was just checking out my local stationary store here in Seoul, and I came accross theese rolls of masking tape in different colours that come in different widths. I picked up a few rolls that are 2mm x 16m and boy does it make masking fine detail lines a whole lot easier.

Just thought I'd post this up as I don't recall seeing this product mentioned before.

The package says Made in U.S.A. on it and they are approx 2" square,made of clear mylar with a vellum insert and red markings/lettering. The product name reads: GRAPHIC TAPES. Sorry I don't have a picture (my wife lent the Digi-cam to a friend.

So has anyone else ever used this stuff?

371499[/snapback]

Is there a manufacturer's name on the packaging anywhere?

Well the stuff I've got doesn't have a manufacturer's name on it but I was just out at a department store and noticed another stationary store that carried a different brand called Toyo. Now I figure that it is the same Toyo that I know as an ink/toner manufacturer, which is based in Japan. Unfortunately I don't think that you can get Toyo products in N. America. But the stuff that I bought is not Toyo brand it is some other company but it is made in the U.S.A. so I figure it is probably available in N. America. I got The digi cam back and took some pics. Oh yeah the stuff seems tobe available in widths of .5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm and 4mm - haven't seen any other sizes.

(edit: Arrrrrgh! when i try to post with a pic. it tells me that the server was reconnecting or some crap like that and it won't post! I've tried it like seven or eight times! :angry: )

Sounds to me like the stuff draftsmen use when doing the fancy artist drawings of buildings. If it is then it would make a great masking tape.

Nice avatar by the way havent seen those guys for years, brings back the 70`s man.

Edited by big F

Damn! I still can't post an image! :angry: try this to see what I'm talking about. tape5vl.jpg]imageshack[/url]

Yeah! at least you can all see it now. Yes cobywan I suspect it was used for exactly that purpose. D.H. the packages that I have seen come in a variety of colours. I think the coulours correspond to the different widths. I think I'm going to get some of the .5mm stuff soon, just to try it out. It's so thin, that I think it would be fairly tricky to work with.

Thanks Big F. I've got abetter version of the same image I'm going to upload soon. "Clickity Click..." ;)

Edited by Chas

Thanks Big F. I've got abetter version of the same image I'm going to upload soon. "Clickity Click..." ;)

Off topic, but what are those in your avatar? It know I've seen those before as a kid...

372787[/snapback]

barbapapa_007.jpg

Well over here in old blighty they were called barbapapa they were a strange kids cartoon thing from the 1970`s I remember watching them as a kid in the late 70`s and there were books at my school with them in.

O.K so I looked them up in my The Encyclopaedia of Cult Childrens T.V. It says they were a family of shape changing blobs that did stuff. One liked animals, one was self obsesed and Barbapapa was the father who kept them all in line.

It was a French thing originally, translated into english and spawned a whole toy and bookline.

A lot of kids T.V arround that timein England came from France and was translated into English e.g The Magic Roundabout and Dogtanian and the Three Muskerhounds, there were others. I`d Google it if you want more info.

And yes I do have a book on kids T.V. You dont know how many Arguements in the Pub it has ended.

The book in case your are interested

Edited by big F

Yes the good old Barbapapas. I loved that show as a kid. Whenever they were going to change shape they would say "Clickity-click . . . Barba-trick!"