Site Updates

Graham

Thats kinda harsh man... MGREXX is a retarted troll, but this guy is just turbo opinionated, big difference.

370556[/snapback]

True. The "Your Momma..." comments just brought back some fond memories.

370558[/snapback]

Only when he tells that he is former special forces and has a PhD in chemestry, as well as being a professional model will he be in the MGREXX category.

370560[/snapback]

Well, I was in the army, but I'm no surgeon...could be a model though...

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. YOU read/talked about it before, so therefore it is old and unworthy of discussion. Keep up that way if you want your precious board to stagnate. Incidently, I explained my issues in replys, if you read past the initial post. The same could be said of anything you post- what is the point of you posting it? It's a message board- you generate discussion, not just read one person's old posts and go "OK, it's been said before, time to find a new site." Think about it... <_<

370532[/snapback]

Great- another one of THOSE people. I'll take the wine and cheese to your mother's house then...

370546[/snapback]

yeah, ummm... you're taking the whine and cheese to your own mother's house?

:lol:

Man, if anyone needs one of those STFU n00b pics, it's this guy. :rolleyes:

370548[/snapback]

No, YOUR mother's house. You really need to work on those reading/listening skills, and less on attemting to chase 'noobs' away. It really isn't good for the board...

370553[/snapback]

HAHA, but you quoted yourself and proceeded to say you going to your own mother's house... kinda creepy dude... :ph34r:

As far as I can tell you haven't contributed anything to the boards except one useless thread and screwing up this one. So chasing you away would be no big loss. I welcome any other Macross fan except for the whiny type. ;)

Do an IP check on this guy.. Where is Max? he is good at nailing the double handle homos.

370565[/snapback]

Go right ahead. This is my only account. Why are you people so scared of this MGREXX guy?

370571[/snapback]

nobody is scared of him, he is just a lying dork that we all laugh at.

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. YOU read/talked about it before, so therefore it is old and unworthy of discussion. Keep up that way if you want your precious board to stagnate. Incidently, I explained my issues in replys, if you read past the initial post. The same could be said of anything you post- what is the point of you posting it? It's a message board- you generate discussion, not just read one person's old posts and go "OK, it's been said before, time to find a new site." Think about it... <_<

370532[/snapback]

Great- another one of THOSE people. I'll take the wine and cheese to your mother's house then...

370546[/snapback]

yeah, ummm... you're taking the whine and cheese to your own mother's house?

:lol:

Man, if anyone needs one of those STFU n00b pics, it's this guy. :rolleyes:

370548[/snapback]

No, YOUR mother's house. You really need to work on those reading/listening skills, and less on attemting to chase 'noobs' away. It really isn't good for the board...

370553[/snapback]

HAHA, but you quoted yourself and proceeded to say you going to your own mother's house... kinda creepy dude... :ph34r:

As far as I can tell you haven't contributed anything to the boards except one useless thread and screwing up this one. So chasing you away would be no big loss. I welcome any other Macross fan except for the whiny type. ;)

370570[/snapback]

Whiny type? You mean you despise those like yourself? All we've heard from you is complaining about me for trying to start a topic. If that upsets you so greatly, you should try to get out more. Oh, and call your mom- she says she misses you... B))

Do an IP check on this guy.. Where is Max? he is good at nailing the double handle homos.

370565[/snapback]

Go right ahead. This is my only account. Why are you people so scared of this MGREXX guy?

370571[/snapback]

scared? that only makes me think you are him when I didn't even think that in the first place... :rolleyes: I'm glad that you're here to take his place though, we all needed someone new to kick around. :D

370571[/snapback]

I for one would welcome his return to these fair boards. Call me a sadist, but I always took perverse delight in seeing his struggles with the english language, as he hunched over his keyboard hunting and pecking his way towards yet another inane post.

370565[/snapback]

370571[/snapback]

scared? that only makes me think you are him when I didn't even think that in the first place... :rolleyes: I'm glad that you're here to take his place though, we all needed someone new to kick around. :D

370574[/snapback]

If that's how you really feel, your life must be in a pretty sad state to have to go online to an anime message board to find someone to 'kick around'. :rolleyes:

Whiny type? You mean you despise those like yourself? All we've heard from you is complaining about me for trying to start a topic. If that upsets you so greatly, you should try to get out more. Oh, and call your mom- she says she misses you... B))

370573[/snapback]

Wow... MGREXX Jr. except lamer, if at all possible.

Again... all you have accomplished:

1. Stupid thread

2. screwing up this one.

and you keep ignoring the fact that I welcomed you to start a meaningful topic, which you are obviously unable to do.

You're not doing a great job of endearing people to n00bs that are idiots either. Regular n00bs are OK... but obviously you're coming up short, even to us mini-mods. :lol:

If that's how you really feel, your life must be in a pretty sad state to have to go online to an anime message board to find someone to 'kick around'. :rolleyes:

370577[/snapback]

Life is actually pretty good, but I have to come back to my roots because I owe it to them to point out morons like you.

370577[/snapback]

Life is actually pretty good, but I have to come back to my roots because I owe it to them to point out morons like you.

370579[/snapback]

Ahh, he has run out of options and has resorted to name calling. The last resort of the weak-minded. I'm sure this doesn't look good for the site, coming from a little person, er, mini-mod... B))

Me3, why all the attitude? Is all this anger coming off of you just because we closed a thread you started about a topic that we already have a special pinned thread to cover? You have an arena for the topic you wish to discuss and you have free reign to be angry over HG and their business practices in that pinned thread which I see you have already found and joined in. No one is actively trying to persecute you here, we are simply reacting to your hostility over something that should be a non-issue.

It seems to me that the difference between a MW Mod and MW Mini-Mod is that the Mini-Mods acutally take the time to explain what they are doing and why rather than assuming that 95% of MW members outside their immediate circle of old friends are idiot whiners who deserve no explanation.

No. They are idiot whiners like you.

You know what some of your problems are is that you think you all deserve an explanation. You post was the best post ever written because you wrote. Oh how dare they censor the voice of god!

"Why was my Off topic deleted or moved to another forum?"

Duh it was Off topic.

If the reason topics are closed, deleted or moved is because they are off topic than is it really a surprize that it happens? My favorite is "I know this is off topic but does any one here..." which is followed after the topic is moderated, "What happen to my topic!" Idiots you admitted that you knew it was off. So why are you all surprized that it was deleted? Its not that we think you stupid idiots but that you are smart. Some things are common sense. Common sense would tell you that your off topic post would likely be deleted for that reason and Common sense would tell you why your 'for sale' post was moved out of the toy section to the actual 'for sale forum'. Instead some of you want a reason. Here I am thinking someone you have a brain. You're not all as stupid as you act. If you knew what you doing when made the post you can figure out why it got moderated. A specific reason just for you is only for your ego. Think of how much time would be wasted here if everyone got a reason and a PM as some would like it for every single time a Mod had to make an edit? People would be asking, "Why didn't you mods close that topic where everyone was fighting" we have to tell them "We were writting you a letter on why we deleted you topic on post your favorite x-rated url." Also note the the mini-mods are assigned to certain forums while the mods go all over.

Of course this reply will cause some to whine. Oh look how the mean mods here don't care! When someone is told why a topic is closed is because the Mods think it is needed. Everyone doesn't need a reason when 90% of the reason is pretty clear. As for Robotech.com they can do what ever the hell they want. Yeah censoring topics about other companies stuff is stupid but hey they're a business.

it's a "Motley Band of thread ruiners" that causes the same type of trouble repeatedly. I joined this 'Forum in......2001 I think? Back then, the Administration was far more tolerant and understanding. A few years of dealing with the motley bands can change your demeanor, I guess. In time, when the Mini-mods are weary of the repetitive trouble then they will be just as short with everyone as well...

"Power To The Deleting! Power To The Editing! C'mon And Feel The Power Of The Moderator Over You! Power To The Moving Of Topics! Power To The Closing Of Topics! C'mon And Feel The Power Of The Moderator Over You!

" It's moderating fire!"

What I have always been like this! If we seemed more tolerant it was because we had fewer people. The more people sharing the swings the more we have to occasional throw off to allow everyone a fair turn. Why do some people get worried about that sig? Its just a joke of Macross 7 and what people accuse the mods of doing. Don't you all see I don't like having power and laughing at you because of it. I love laughing at you when you make this isane claims that the Moderators are out to get you specifically! No one likes being told what to do. Face it all lot of people here are outcast, nerds and geeks. While some of us might be a muscle bound Hugh Grant look alikes like Agent One. He is still by his hobbies a geek. He might not look it but he has a geeky hobby which he is practicing. Thus by this he is a geek. As such geeks are sometimes treated bad on the outside world. The internet is where geeks can run free without judgement! They can act without the man telling them what to do or judging them. Here the mods are the man. We get to tell them what to do and some of you geeks get all insecure about it. Some of you hip cats get the reasons why we do what we do and get the jokes but others are just too caught up in their own insecurities.

The mods however think I would make a terrible mod as I would not be fair and would ban people on a whim just to be funny (like I would ban you now for example). So I am pretty confident when any mod closes anything, there is probably a good reason.

Agent One is a perfect example of a confidence. He's so not insecure that part of him is a geek that he hides it behind a giant wall of confidence. :lol: Btw I think he'd be a terrible mod cause who would he have to ban besides himself? Didn't that dude Jesus say something about, he without sin cast the first stone? Agent One without sin? I think not. So he can't cast any stone. I'm perfect I can throw sharp jagged stones at people all day.

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. YOU read/talked about it before, so therefore it is old and unworthy of discussion. Keep up that way if you want your precious board to stagnate. Incidently, I explained my issues in replys, if you read past the initial post. The same could be said of anything you post- what is the point of you posting it? It's a message board- you generate discussion, not just read one person's old posts and go "OK, it's been said before, time to find a new site." Think about it... 

Some old topic deserve a second look but really if the same old same old is brought up again week after week but are just the same replies do we need to see it again? Wouldn't such a topic be better served under a pin topic, as a faq or allow only such topic on the subject a month? Yes Mod have to sometimes make judgement calls on what is unworthy even if it's no topic otherwise things might became stagnate as people are trying to find something new to talk about. I belong on some large boards were I visit them in morning than then 3 hours later only to see three new pages of topic all discussing the same thing. I'm glad when places attempt to keep things fresh.

Me3, why all the attitude? Is all this anger coming off of you just because we closed a thread you started about a topic that we already have a special pinned thread to cover? You have an arena for the topic you wish to discuss and you have free reign to be angry over HG and their business practices in that pinned thread which I see you have already found and joined in. No one is actively trying to persecute you here, we are simply reacting to your hostility over something that should be a non-issue.

370584[/snapback]

Dude, you misunderstand. I was initially just wondering why that happened and who these mini-mods are. This >EXO< seems to have taken a personal interest in harrassing me, so if you interpret any hostility, I was merely responding to him and not taking any crap from the troll. Unlike him, I'm not calling people derogatory names or being mean, or trying to drive people away. It really doesn't look good for the site to have a mini-mod doing things like that. The topic closing isn't a big deal- just seems funny how some are so intolerant of new people that they need to resort to attacking them. :ph34r:

370584[/snapback]

Could it just be the he was just so angry with Robotech's boards that he assume that MW would be the exact opposite? I admitt alot of things are different but message boards are still gone censor people. We might do it for different reasons but its still gonna happen. When it does happen it not be because the board might have something against them.

Roy,

You seem to have lumped a quote from me in with the quotes from Me3. Anyways, my only point is the the mini-mods (and still a few full-mods) tend to spend the time to write a sentence or two of explanation in order to head off problems before they occur. There used to be more of that around here. There was very little of it recently until you instituted the mini-mod program.

I don't think anyone can seriously say that no explanation is a better way to go as long as the moderator is willing to spend the time to write a sentence or two. So, all I'm saying is that it's nice that we have some newer blood around here who aren't so burned out on moderating. Because non-burned-out mods tend to do the little things that keep things from getting out of hand.

Not that I dont understand the "they're all idiots!" mentality. After two years in a small ISP's tech support department (long ago), I know the "bunker mentality" of these situations pretty well. I also remember how cathartic it was to sit around and bitch about how idiotic all the customers were with the other reps. So, I empathize. The only difference is that we weren't allowed to actually show the disdain we had gained for our customers. But, since this isn't a business situation, you are free to do so. And you do. Often. :lol:

Edited by Hurin

370584[/snapback]

Could it just be the he was just so angry with Robotech's boards that he assume that MW would be the exact opposite? I admitt alot of things are different but message boards are still gone censor people. We might do it for different reasons but its still gonna happen. When it does happen it not be because the board might have something against them.

370587[/snapback]

Look, I got over it already. I pressed the wrong reply tab when I made my first post is all. My mistake. This EXO wasn't even the one who did it, so who knows what his problems are?

And yes, I thought people here would share some of the disappointment with HG. Instead I just get mobbed for pressing the wrong tab, then harrassed/called names by EXO. Relax, B)) people...

Roy,

You seem to have lumped a quote from me in with the quotes from Me3.  Anyways, my only point is the the mini-mods (and still a few full-mods) tend to spend the time to write a sentence or two of explanation in order to head off problems before they occur.  There used to be more of that around here.  There was very little of it recently until you instituted the mini-mod program.

I don't think anyone can seriously say that no explanation is a better way to go as long as the moderator is willing to spend the time to write a sentence or two.  So, all I'm saying is that it's nice that we have some newer blood around here who aren't so burned out on moderating.  Because non-burned-out mods tend to do the little things that keep things from getting out of hand.

Not that I dont understand the "they're all idiots!" mentality.  After two years in a small ISP's tech support department (long ago), I know the "bunker mentality" of these situations pretty well.  I also remember how cathartic it was to sit around and bitch about how idiotic all the customers were with the other reps.  So, I empathize.  The only difference is that we weren't allowed to actually show the disdain we had gained for our customers.  But, since this isn't a business situation, you are free to do so.  And you do.  Often.  :lol:

370592[/snapback]

I didn't say all that stuff. Only the last quote was mine.

And yes, I thought people here would share some of the disappointment with HG. Instead I just get mobbed for pressing the wrong tab, then harrassed/called names by EXO. Relax, B))  people...

370594[/snapback]

Idiot... don't try to play victim. You're the one that started with the mom jokes. I'm jus not above playing your games. But you're just too stupid to realize it. Much like MGREXX, when you can't win you start trying to be the persecuted saint. No one is telling you to leave, we're just asking you to make better use of yourself. Seriously, the more you cry the more you prove my point. Now you'll be known on the boards as the useless n00b that likes to whine.

Edited by >EXO<

Hurin,

I quoted many people in that post and use saracism for all.

Explainations can take time away from other things here. Some situation require an explaination but it isn't need for everything. Some times people are just looking for an explaination. So they can argue about it. "See everyone they're not fair" or "That topic was off topic too but you allowed it." Some people see others against them and have to point finger at abuse of authority. Call it flame bait against the mods if you will. Really were not gonna all stop and give a reason for every close thread or edit to a post when the reason is known by common sense. There is no need other than to help someone ego. Take a poster in this thread for example some new blood here will come with a slight chip on their shoulder. Just takes one mod to mod something and the person may feel there being wrong. If a reason was given the member might be pleased with it. Remember when reasons that are given is gift. No one actually deserves one. A member doesn't like the reason they may think that a mod is out to get them. Why else would someone moderate them? These members either mellow out or become a constaint pain.

I think we mod forgot to warn the mini-mod that they know they made it when they get their first public complaint about them.

So, all I'm saying is that it's nice that we have some newer blood around here who aren't so burned out on moderating. Because non-burned-out mods tend to do the little things that keep things from getting out of hand.

Why do people think we're burnt out? I've been like this before I became a mod here? Why is that mod mean? Maybe their burned-out. No he just is. How many times must I express that I hate everyone of you and feed on your yummy tears? The burned-out mod are the ones who retire. Not because they are sick of people here but things outside are eating their time and they don't feel that they have enough love to hate you all properly.

Hurin,

I quoted many people in that post and use saracism for all.

Explainations can take time away from other things here.  Some situation require an explaination but it isn't need for everything.  Some times people are just looking for an explaination.  So they can argue about it.  "See everyone they're not fair" or "That topic was off topic too but you allowed it."  Some people see others against them and have to point finger at abuse of authority.  Call it flame bait against the mods if you will.  Really were not gonna all stop and give a reason for every close thread or edit to a post when the reason is known by common sense.  There is no need other than to help someone ego.  Take  a poster in this thread for example some new blood here will come with a slight chip on their shoulder.  Just takes one mod to mod something and the person may feel there being wrong.  If a reason was given the member might be pleased with it.  Remember when reasons that are given is gift.  No one actually deserves one.  A member doesn't like the reason they may think that a mod is out to get them.  Why else would someone moderate them?  These members either mellow out or become a constaint pain.

I think we mod forgot to warn the mini-mod that they know they made it when they get their first public complaint about them.

So, all I'm saying is that it's nice that we have some newer blood around here who aren't so burned out on moderating. Because non-burned-out mods tend to do the little things that keep things from getting out of hand.

Why do people think we're burnt out?  I've been like this before I became a mod here?  Why is that mod mean?  Maybe their burned-out.  No he just is.  How many times must I express that I hate everyone of you and feed on your yummy tears?  The burned-out mod are the ones who retire.  Not because they are sick of people here but things outside are eating their time and they don't feel that they have enough love to hate you all properly.

370655[/snapback]

I feel the same way about explanations now. I mean look at this guy, me3. He was told countless times by different people why his thread was closed, yet he ignored the explanation each time and continued his complaints and cries about unfairness. If that's the way people are going to take it then, I wouldn't waste my time in the first place.

Edited by >EXO<

What I have always been like this!   If we seemed more tolerant it was because we had fewer people.    The more people sharing the swings the more we have to occasional throw off to allow everyone a fair turn.    Why do some people get worried about that sig?

Oh I'm not worried at all, and I meant no offense to you or the rest of the administration. I think as you do that it's funny the way people react to being "moderated," it's almost the same way that people react after getting a traffic citation-they know they screwed up but still have to cry and moan about it.

Follow the rules and use common sense-sounds easy enough to me...

Edited by myk