Site Updates

Graham

So are the mini-mods basically just friends of the admin who can go around and close topics they don't want to see? Just curious, because I had a topic locked/closed because someone posted a pic of a rick hunter doll, and he stated that as the reason. I realize the desire of the site admin to make their jobs easier, but just be careful who gets 'chosen'. People who are given power usually cannot resist using it, usually for no good reason. Don't want to turn this board into a super censored site like robotech.com. Same thing happened there a while ago, and it drove a lot of people away. Now there are almost no new posts, and even less new members. I have seen a lot of members disappear along with all their posts. Now it is dead, thanks to a few. Just be careful and don't be a draconian if you get to be a mod... :unsure:

BTW- I didn't know where else to post this, if it's in the wrong spot. Says I cannot create topics in the site info category.

Actually I closed that topic becase it had no point. It was a retread... we've talked about that into infinity here. Admittedly you have not but you could have just read the pinned HG hate thread and vented in there rather than starting a new thread. We left it open for a while to see what your real reason for starting that thread in the first place was but the usual MW motley band of thread ruiners decided to step in and just start spouting nonsense.

I locked it because it started off bad and it was going to end bad. I did not jack boot you because of your opinions I jack booted your thread because basically you lit a fuse to a big stack of dynamite and walked away.

Edit: Go Here to discuss that topic. You are able to discuss this topic here freely without fear of people dumping on you. Again I did not close your thread due to it's content but due to it's nature.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

It seems to me that the difference between a MW Mod and MW Mini-Mod is that the Mini-Mods acutally take the time to explain what they are doing and why rather than assuming that 95% of MW members outside their immediate circle of old friends are idiot whiners who deserve no explanation.

I can't remember the last time a full-mod explained why they did something or even took the time to post a one-or-two sentence explanation for closing a thread in order to head-off complaining/criticizm/whining.

Mini-mods definitely aren't a problem. They're actually the only real sign of hope around here.

I understand why the full 'Mods are curt and abrupt with us at times. After all, like 'Jsar said, it's a "Motley Band of thread ruiners" that causes the same type of trouble repeatedly. I joined this 'Forum in......2001 I think? Back then, the Administration was far more tolerant and understanding. A few years of dealing with the motley bands can change your demeanor, I guess. In time, when the Mini-mods are weary of the repetitive trouble then they will be just as short with everyone as well...

"Power To The Deleting! Power To The Editing! C'mon And Feel The Power Of The Moderator Over You! Power To The Moving Of Topics! Power To The Closing Of Topics! C'mon And Feel The Power Of The Moderator Over You!

" It's moderating fire!"

-I have to admit I kinda' like that though...

So are the mini-mods basically just friends of the admin who can go around and close topics they don't want to see? ...

370276[/snapback]

As far as the mods go, I am probably closer to them than any of the guys that got picked as mini mods.

The mods however think I would make a terrible mod as I would not be fair and would ban people on a whim just to be funny (like I would ban you now for example). So I am pretty confident when any mod closes anything, there is probably a good reason.

Oh and on the topic of your thread being closed:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

It seems to me that the difference between a MW Mod and MW Mini-Mod is that the Mini-Mods acutally take the time to explain what they are doing

370305[/snapback]

The other difference is that the Mini-Mods are all only about 3 feet tall. That's why we call them Mini-Mods, see. :p

Graham

It seems to me that the difference between a MW Mod and MW Mini-Mod is that the Mini-Mods acutally take the time to explain what they are doing

370305[/snapback]

The other difference is that the Mini-Mods are all only about 3 feet tall. That's why we call them Mini-Mods, see. :p

Graham

370344[/snapback]

I beg to differ...

I am 3' 1"... :angry:

Guest Bromgrev
I beg to differ...

I am 3' 1"... :angry:

370429[/snapback]

Better lay off that Ent draught, young hobbit ... :p

OT: Just a thought, are there any whizz-kids (or whizz-middle-aged-adults :ph34r: ) out there who could come up with a way to have a random pic on the front page, chosen from the model and toy sections? It would certainly make me more inclined to link there (rather than direct to the forums, which I do now), and give people a taster of what's lurking below the surface.

I just checked your profile.

You're no old geek! You're a child of the eighties. :p

I was alive at the same time that Elvis was, now THAT'S old!! :)

back to topic.

I like the front page. (even the fish head)

The link to the rest of the site (toys, M.W.A.T. etc.) look a bit dated though.

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. YOU read/talked about it before, so therefore it is old and unworthy of discussion. Keep up that way if you want your precious board to stagnate. Incidently, I explained my issues in replys, if you read past the initial post. The same could be said of anything you post- what is the point of you posting it? It's a message board- you generate discussion, not just read one person's old posts and go "OK, it's been said before, time to find a new site." Think about it... <_<

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. YOU read/talked about it before, so therefore it is old and unworthy of discussion. Keep up that way if you want your precious board to stagnate. Incidently, I explained my issues in replys, if you read past the initial post. The same could be said of anything you post- what is the point of you posting it? It's a message board- you generate discussion, not just read one person's old posts and go "OK, it's been said before, time to find a new site." Think about it... <_<

370532[/snapback]

I agree with you. I like the repitition of Macross discussion. There are always new fans so they should be allowed to have the same discussions that we have been having.

370532[/snapback]

It's been thought about and discussed. It was basically a whine thread. We waited for you to bring about your reason as to why you started the thread. If you wanted to complain about HG then send them an email. If you had something with substance in mind then you shoulda brought it up, you had your chance. Even back when the whole HG thing started we had reasons to start such threads. The whole point of a pinned thread is so when n00bs show up and tries to start a tired old discussion then they can just join that. The boards is here to accomodate both old and new members, but not to the point where you can cry about it if you don't get your way.

This thread is about site updates, not site "my way". Take the whine and cheese elsewhere.

Edited by >EXO<

370532[/snapback]

I agree with you. I like the repitition of Macross discussion. There are always new fans so they should be allowed to have the same discussions that we have been having.

370533[/snapback]

Thank you AgentOne. At least you realize the value of keeping things fresh. Does anyone actually read every old post from 3 years ago before making a topic? Maybe they should, to keep from getting jumped on by the senior board lurkers. I have seen a lot of the posts and many don't have anything useful or anime-related to say, and some are even kinda sick.

370532[/snapback]

Great- another one of THOSE people. I'll take the wine and cheese to your mother's house then...

370532[/snapback]

370533[/snapback]

Thank you AgentOne. At least you realize the value of keeping things fresh. Does anyone actually read every old post from 3 years ago before making a topic? Maybe they should, to keep from getting jumped on by the senior board lurkers. I have seen a lot of the posts and many don't have anything useful or anime-related to say, and some are even kinda sick.

370545[/snapback]

geez, do you voluntarily ignore any explanation given to you just so you can keep complaining?

It's already been said that your were given a chance to state why you started that thread. No one immediately closed it. If giving a chance is unacceptable to you then maybe this forum isn't the place for you.

Quit whining and go start a thread of interest, even if its been discussed. Have you even started a thread that is remotely anime related?

370532[/snapback]

Great- another one of THOSE people. I'll take the wine and cheese to your mother's house then...

370546[/snapback]

yeah, ummm... you're taking the whine and cheese to your own mother's house?

:lol:

Man, if anyone needs one of those STFU n00b pics, it's this guy. :rolleyes:

Edited by >EXO<

370532[/snapback]

370546[/snapback]

yeah, ummm... you're taking the whine and cheese to your own mother's house?

:lol:

Man, if anyone needs one of those STFU n00b pics, it's this guy. :rolleyes:

370548[/snapback]

No, YOUR mother's house. You really need to work on those reading/listening skills, and less on attemting to chase 'noobs' away. It really isn't good for the board...

Aren't you a mod?  Give him a member title: "Keith 2"!!

370551[/snapback]

How about MGREXX 2: Electric Boogaloo?

370554[/snapback]

For the first and last time, I am not MGREXX. I know who you're referring to...

370551[/snapback]

370554[/snapback]

370557[/snapback]

There was another time? Jeeze, sorry for not reading all 15 of your posts, and replies to same.

Thats kinda harsh man... MGREXX is a retarted troll, but this guy is just turbo opinionated, big difference.

370556[/snapback]

True. The "Your Momma..." comments just brought back some fond memories.

370558[/snapback]

Only when he tells that he is former special forces and has a PhD in chemestry, as well as being a professional model will he be in the MGREXX category.

370551[/snapback]

370554[/snapback]

370557[/snapback]

There was another time? Jeeze, sorry for not reading all 15 of your posts, and replies to same.

370559[/snapback]

No, but other people thought I was him for some reason.

Only when he tells that he is former special forces and has a PhD in chemestry, as well as being a professional model will he be in the MGREXX category.

370560[/snapback]

Jealousy is so unbecoming on you. He made mad coin, and was a playah with the hos, and you know it.