Fair

I am not a fan of the concept of "fair" as I feel the weak use it to get a free lunch all to often, I mean really... Watch the news and the people who use the word "fair" are usually homosexuals, comunists, and liberals. BUT, I am willing to traffic in the word as there are some sensitive types around here so here I go:

There are two unpleasant things in my life, the unholy smell of my testicular sweat, and Macross7. Leaving my balls out if this for a moment, Its really only Macross7 and the rage I have that it is affiliated with such awesome things like DYRL. Now, I see people all over the place repeating stuff about how great (anything macross) is, why is there this recent movement to silence me when it comes to my negitive comments relating to Macross7? If someone has the opportunity to say how great it is, I most certainly have the same opportunity to let everyone know that I do not agree, and this should never stop.

Take a look at the last locked thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17693

I attacked nobody... Just laid out my clear opinion.

The thread wasn't locked solely because of your post. Your post was consistent with your views on Macross 7, which is OK.

The reason it was locked is because it had been done a million times before, as was linked to by Azrael when he closed the thread.

As was already explained.....Here

The thread wasn't locked solely because of your post.  Your post was consistent with your views on Macross 7, which is OK.

The reason it was locked is because it had been done a million times before, as was linked to by Azrael when he closed the thread.

As was already explained.....Here

367736[/snapback]

What about this?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17734

That thread proves that roughly 75% of people have seen your views on M7.

Besides, it's not that your views on M7 were wrong, it was because it was the millionth time an "I just watched Macross 7" thread was started. I would have killed it too, but I don't think I would have been nice enough to link to the other times it had been done.

Maybe we need to pin an all inclusive Macross 7 thread, and just let it go. That way, anyone could post what they wanted, and new threads could be whacked and re-directed to the existing thread.

Maybe we need to pin an all inclusive Macross 7 thread, and just let it go.  That way, anyone could post what they wanted, and new threads could be whacked and re-directed to the existing thread.

367742[/snapback]

That would make my life easier..... But then I look back at the times where I've had to point out that we answered that in the Newbie thread..... :rolleyes:

Just my two cents on this but if we pin a Mac 7 thread then would we not also be tasked to pin a thread on Zero, Plus and everything else?

I think the best logic to employ would be the logic we already have: No more I LIKE -blank-, DON'T YOU?!?! threads. Be it Mac 7 based, Plus based or DYRL based. If we see one we lock it up like car brakes on ice. I mean, they serve no purpose... in my eyes a "I LIKE HOT DOGS!" thread is in the same ballpark as a "HOTDOGS SUCK!" thread... they both draw the same flies. Now a thread about the type of mustard Hikaru used on his Hot Dog in episode 12 of SDFM is cool in this logic as it is specific and offers a point of discussion or debate... but the nebulous circle jerk or round robin smackdown threads are a source of pain.

This fight between the Max7 lovers and the haters is going to go on and on and on and on... there is nothing that can be done to really stop it. Stomp out one fire and another will pop up. Ban one vocal hater or lover and another will take their place. The only course to steer is the course of containment.

Just my two cents on this but if we pin a Mac 7 thread then would we not also be tasked to pin a thread on Zero, Plus and everything else?

I think the best logic to employ would be the logic we already have: No more I LIKE -blank-, DON'T YOU?!?! threads. Be it Mac 7 based, Plus based or DYRL based. If we see one we lock it up like car brakes on ice. I mean, they serve no purpose... in my eyes a "I LIKE HOT DOGS!" thread is in the same ballpark as a "HOTDOGS SUCK!" thread... they both draw the same flies. Now a thread about the type of mustard Hikaru used on his Hot Dog in episode 12 of SDFM is cool in this logic as it is specific and offers a point of discussion or debate... but the nebulous circle jerk or round robin smackdown threads are a source of pain.

This fight between the Max7 lovers and the haters is going to go on and on and on and on... there is nothing that can be done to really stop it. Stomp out one fire and another will pop up. Ban one vocal hater or lover and another will take their place. The only course to steer is the course of containment.

367810[/snapback]

I beg your pardon... Nobody is as big of a jerk as me. I cannot be replaced.

Psychologists would have a field day with this crap :)

This is a private website and as such it's not always going to be "fair." The rules are rather fast and loose with the exception of a few topics (religion, politics, etc). Further, the staff here at MW are human and will obviously act as such, so you have to expect that there will be some bumps.

Personally, I think this is just a case of overexposure. The Macross 7 debate has resurfaced in the last couple months after quite a long period of downtime. Right now, it's clear people have once again had enough. So even if one has a subject closed or is feeling the heat, I don't believe it's personal. That's just me.

Of course, there is also the possibility that all this is by design and MW is taking a new stance on certain issues. It's not like we'd be privy to the decision.

Ah but you CAN be contained... eventually... somehow... I think we need those big radar dish lasers they use on Godzilla.

367822[/snapback]

Some of me is contained in my pants, but I have some pictures of myself without that "containment"

Hey no fair...my "custom title" was used to make a point! :lol:

Edited by Gaijin

eac4967379290f9f5e000222f6d6bf82.jpg

I don't think anyone's trying to stifle your awesomeness, it's just that in general the M7 thing's a dead horse. I will say that the topic would have remained opened longer if anyone other than you had started to criticize M7...

-That's what you get for being a high profile member! Or is that HAVING a high profile member...

Edited by myk

Ahhahahhahah.... oh noooooooo!!!  Seriosuly A1, do you have that top 5 reasons why M7 sucks post saved on your computer for quick posting?

367948[/snapback]

I'm posting that top 5 on my 'frig for when I need a good laugh...

And Hurin, what message program is that?

367948[/snapback]

Looks like Windows Messenger. Which is just a stripped-down MSN Messenger that comes free with WinXP.

367956[/snapback]

Nah, Trillian. Universal IM client: Can use ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo. . .

H

I don't know what's more silly, this thread or every new "I love M7 thread".

Problem 1: A new M7 thread starts and A1 is quick to post how he hates M7 followed by non related quips about his muscles and testicles by both him and his muscle and testicle fans. Then the thread gets locked.

Problem 2: A new thread pops up. Then see Problem 1.

Maybe if the M7 appreciation threads were left alone there would be less of them. Disagreeing is one thing but it becomes so much of a tard contest that it's always going to be closed. Like I said before, why not complain to Kawamori about it instead of whining to people that happen to appreciate it. Obviously, the froating head's effort didn't go in vain since there are actually people out there that enjoy it.

Mocking M7 people in M7 threads is the equivalent to RT fans mocking SDF Macross. But if it was done, we'd be all up in arms against the "trolls".

...I will say that the topic would have remained opened longer if anyone other than you had started to criticize M7...

367919[/snapback]

Yep, the M7 fans don't want to argue so they cry to the mods... This IS a discussion board, I think we should have discussion.

Mocking M7 people in M7 threads is the equivalent to RT fans mocking SDF Macross.  But if it was done, we'd be all up in arms against the "trolls".

367984[/snapback]

No way man, we say stuff from SDF sucks all the time.. Remember this is Macross World, hate and complaints are what we do best.

Mocking M7 people in M7 threads is the equivalent to RT fans mocking SDF Macross.  But if it was done, we'd be all up in arms against the "trolls".

367984[/snapback]

No way man, we say stuff from SDF sucks all the time.. Remember this is Macross World, hate and complaints are what we do best.

368123[/snapback]

That is a big understatement. MW worse than Mikey...they hate everything; even Life cereal.

I always knew A1 was a pussy. :ph34r:

367949[/snapback]

Hey, he is no "pussy"! However, he is a big softie.

368111[/snapback]

and you wanna touch him, thats 1 girl and 433 guys on the board so far

368131[/snapback]

Uhh.. No. Just saying he's not the jerk he wants us to believe.

367949[/snapback]

368111[/snapback]

368131[/snapback]

368146[/snapback]

I keed, I keed. ;)

367949[/snapback]

368111[/snapback]

368131[/snapback]

368146[/snapback]

I know, but I still like to mess with him, I only mess with the people I like, I dont think it gets under thier skin, unless its guys like Mxxgregg, that guys just a dik.